Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Wedges Preview

Well, there's some big differences in weighting for sure. They are weighted to play with a 130g shaft and Cleveland is pretty agressive with their swing weighting.

I mean, there's obviously a swing component there, but they make them that way for a reason.

i've played the s200 in vokeys for years and always liked that shaft. might be a good transition from the dg pro in the irons to the s200 in the wedges.

You're in the hotbed of golf. I bet you could find a fitting cart somewhere to see if it could help.

Saw these on Twitter, pretty cool custom design

Those look sharp!

Hey JMan, I just want to say I bought the 54* three dot wedge based off your excitement for that club since I use it mostly for full shots. I love that club. Thanks

These showed up today! Can't wait to get them on the course
623480e81a08fa8fcca3d9fd62fb1c96.jpg

Went and got witted on the swingbyte tonight. Suggested a 3 dot sole in a 50/54/58 set up but I think I'm gonna go one dot on the 58 for tight lies and 2-dot on the gap wedge since I make a lot of full shots with it and will need the extra bounce out of the sand so go 3dot on 54.

Also going with cb on the 50 and blade on 54/58.

I wouldn't sleep on the 3 Dot in your gap wedge, especially if you're full swinging it. A little extra bounce will probably be a benefit.

I wouldn't sleep on the 3 Dot in your gap wedge, especially if you're full swinging it. A little extra bounce will probably be a benefit.

Hawk that is where I am on the fence as well - my gap is my 110-115 club.

Do you feel that 58* in 1 dot is a good idea? As it is now I never hit my 60* out of the sand....Would reserve the 58* for delicate chips around the green....

I think that depends.

I use a 1 dot, primarily because I can (and I'm not saying that like it's a good thing - it's just what it is). I'm shallow and don't take much of a divot, so I don't have a lot of digging issues to worry about. The heel relief is nice to get a lower leading edge on open face shots as well. If you're steep at all, you're adding an element of unforgiveness that may not be necessary though.

I think as a default, most should look at more bounce as opposed to less. Unless they have a swing that warrants the opposite.

I think that depends.

I use a 1 dot, primarily because I can (and I'm not saying that like it's a good thing - it's just what it is). I'm shallow and don't take much of a divot, so I don't have a lot of digging issues to worry about. The heel relief is nice to get a lower leading edge on open face shots as well. If you're steep at all, you're adding an element of unforgiveness that may not be necessary though.

I think as a default, most should look at more bounce as opposed to less. Unless they have a swing that warrants the opposite.

I gotcha. OK - I do like to open the face occasionally....maybe I will scratch the idea of the 1-dot altogether and go 2-dot lob, 3 dot gap and sand. Because I really do tend to take more full-swings with the gap over anything else...

I think that's probably a better way to look at it, especially if they were recommending 3 Dot across the board. Tells me you're probably steeper and then I imagine you have some relatively soft/lush conditions up there compared to some other spots in the US. Wouldn't be a bad idea to hit up an outdoor demo day if you get a chance though.

Freaking love my 3-dot 54*.

I think that's probably a better way to look at it, especially if they were recommending 3 Dot across the board. Tells me you're probably steeper and then I imagine you have some relatively soft/lush conditions up there compared to some other spots in the US. Wouldn't be a bad idea to hit up an outdoor demo day if you get a chance though.

The conditions I play in are definitely softer than most I feel - and I tend to take decent divots with my wedges and moderate to less of a divot with my irons.

I have been trying to look for an outdoor demo day - especially on a grass range - all the ones I have found are off of matts unfortunately...

That should be a crime lol

Freaking love my 3-dot 54*.

JMan - your wedge setup is essentially the same I am contemplating - I have to assume you are a shallow-divot player using a 1-dot 58*?

Hey JMan, I just want to say I bought the 54* three dot wedge based off your excitement for that club since I use it mostly for full shots. I love that club. Thanks

That is awesome dude!

JMan - your wedge setup is essentially the same I am contemplating - I have to assume you are a shallow-divot player using a 1-dot 58*?

Well, it varies, hahahaha. I try to be a shallow divot player, and on pitches and such I am, but full swings I can get pretty steep and take some nice pelts. Interaction is still OK for me there, but, its why I've started going with the 54 more on full's and just choking way down, more bounce is safer for me on those 85-95 yard shots.

Well, it varies, hahahaha. I try to be a shallow divot player, and on pitches and such I am, but full swings I can get pretty steep and take some nice pelts. Interaction is still OK for me there, but, its why I've started going with the 54 more on full's and just choking way down, more bounce is safer for me on those 85-95 yard shots.

HAHA I hear ya there! But that does bring up a very valid point.....pretty sure I am going to go with a 2-dot lob.

On another note, I see you carry the XR Pro Aw - is that the same loft as the CB 50*? If it is, which one do you prefer for that distance/gap?

I am contemplating getting the Gap in my Apex iron order now as well....

HAHA I hear ya there! But that does bring up a very valid point.....pretty sure I am going to go with a 2-dot lob.

On another note, I see you carry the XR Pro Aw - is that the same loft as the CB 50*? If it is, which one do you prefer for that distance/gap?

I am contemplating getting the Gap in my Apex iron order now as well....
Nah, XR AW is 49*, its an ongoing experiment right now to see which I prefer. Leaning XR since I'm a full swinger, just brings more choke down numbers into play, which is ok but just takes some getting used to for me.

Nah, XR AW is 49*, its an ongoing experiment right now to see which I prefer. Leaning XR since I'm a full swinger, just brings more choke down numbers into play, which is ok but just takes some getting used to for me.

Sounds good to me!

These might be among my favorite clubs I've owned. Something about the weighting that just makes these easy to swing. The CBs are just about perfect on full swing shots too. I have a UW in one of my sets of irons, but may continue to play 48-52-56 in the wedges.

I've been playing these (blade version) now for over a month and love them. There may be a lot of other great wedges, but I can't imagine there are better wedges. Spin, feel/sound, and appearance are all excellent. I feel comfortable grabbing any of my 3 wedges (52, 56, 60) for full shots to anything else. I have confidence with any shot, knowing if I perform, these will do exactly what they need to do. I was also fitted for these, going .5" long and lower bounce:1 dot on 56 & 60 and 2 dot on 52. Perfect for me.

Swing issues that caused the shanks earlier are gone and I am starting to get comfortable with these finally.

Finally got some practice time with these and whoa! Need to get a bit more time with the 58 but the 54 3 dot is ridiculous. I hit 3 flag sticks on the range from inside 100 yards which is awesome for me. It was just so damn consistent and felt incredible. One thing i noticed is how the writing on face sort of frames the ball. With the black finish and those letters i was really enjoying looking down at it. Absolutely cant wait to get these in play this weekend

Back