Titleist 915D2 Driver Review Thread

Had a really great driving day between this and my 915F.
I'm really getting the ball out there again and I feel comfortable on the tee for the first time in a long time.

One thing that seems to really work is the lack of spin despite the mid-high launch.

Had a really great driving day between this and my 915F.
I'm really getting the ball out there again and I feel comfortable on the tee for the first time in a long time.

One thing that seems to really work is the lack of spin despite the mid-high launch.

The way you hit this driver makes me wonder if I'm leaving something on the table. As you said, we carry similar distances but you tend to get more roll.

At any rate, you are crushing this bad boy. Your wear mark proves it!

The way you hit this driver makes me wonder if I'm leaving something on the table. As you said, we carry similar distances but you tend to get more roll.

At any rate, you are crushing this bad boy. Your wear mark proves it!
Thanks brother. I'm fairly certain a shaft or loft change would net you some extra yards, especially as the ground starts firming up.

It's feels damn great to be back out yonder in the fairway with you guys.

i am surprised to see so many people swinging mid 90s and using stiff shafts
did you guys try regular flexes?

If you're referring to the "S+" that is the model of Diamana shaft, not necessarily the flex.

Has anyone compared these to the fairways? I tried the 915f 5w with the rogue black 80 shaft (awesome shaft) and was hitting nice little fades back to target (simulator). This driver could be super accurate for me.

Has anyone compared these to the fairways? I tried the 915f 5w with the rogue black 80 shaft (awesome shaft) and was hitting nice little fades back to target (simulator). This driver could be super accurate for me.
I find the F a little more fade biased than the D2.
That's just based on ball flight that I'm seeing and no real facts however.

My pro shop has an r flex s+ 60 blue and a couple rogues (not sure what kind) in both flexes. I am coming from a stock Pxv so these should be much better. Has anyone tried these shafts? I have a 90-100 ss and shorter strong swing.

My pro shop has an r flex s+ 60 blue and a couple rogues (not sure what kind) in both flexes. I am coming from a stock Pxv so these should be much better. Has anyone tried these shafts? I have a 90-100 ss and shorter strong swing.
The S+ is a great mid/mid shaft and it feels like it has some whip to it throughout the swing. This shaft has a way of working well for a huge variety of swings.

The Rogue Black is slightly heavier and will feel much firmer in your hands but will offer a similar flight with lower spin.

The Rogue Silver is low launching and keeps spin in check and is not for the faint of swing. I struggle to load it and get it to launch properly on all but my wildest of swings.

This is all just one hackers opinion/experiences and I encourage you to try them for yourself to see what works best.

I have an M+ right now as it's what I was fitted to with the 915 and it works very well for me. Previously I used an S+ in the 913 and before that in Bertha. I loved that shaft, feels great.

I tried the rogue black in a 9.5 today cranked it to A3 and it was little fades or pretty straight. Would like to get the launch angle up more but it was accurate and fairly long. I really like the weight of this shaft but need more loft.

I tried the rogue black in a 9.5 today cranked it to A3 and it was little fades or pretty straight. Would like to get the launch angle up more but it was accurate and fairly long. I really like the weight of this shaft but need more loft.
Sounds like you're on the right track. I have a 12* head and I need the loft to get my launch up around 12-13.

Sounds like you're on the right track. I have a 12* head and I need the loft to get my launch up around 12-13.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your driver set at and what is your spin and swing speed?

If you don't mind me asking, what is your driver set at and what is your spin and swing speed?
I'm not consistent enough to produce consistent numbers but I'll try give you an idea.
12* head at A1 setting
SS 99-104
Launch: 12-13*
Spin: 2400

I'm not consistent enough to produce consistent numbers but I'll try give you an idea.
12* head at A1 setting
SS 99-104
Launch: 12-13*
Spin: 2400

Did you try the rogue black 70 in regular? That would be a better fit for me maybe if I can order one. Also how does the bb 815 head compare to the 915 d2 if you have tried it.

Did you try the rogue black 70 in regular? That would be a better fit for me maybe if I can order one. Also how does the bb 815 head compare to the 915 d2 if you have tried it.
I haven't tried a Reg flex.

BB 815 offered me almost identical numbers when I compared them.
It offers more adjustability with the weights/gravity core as well.
Again, just one man's opinion.

I didn't go with this driver because I don't have access to a Titleist fitting center. I can say I really liked swinging this club. It was easy to find the clubface center and very accurate and consistent. Anyone near a Titleist fitter should definitely give this a try. Its also forgiving and pretty long.

I laid a beating on the ball with my 915 this morning and saw spots on the course I've never seen before. Coming in with wedges on some long par 4s never gets old.

I laid a beating on the ball with my 915 this morning and saw spots on the course I've never seen before. Coming in with wedges on some long par 4s never gets old.

I honestly don't know if I've ever seen you drive as well as you did on the front 9 today. The only time that would rival it is round 1 of #TheKing. Just absurdly good!

I honestly don't know if I've ever seen you drive as well as you did on the front 9 today. The only time that would rival it is round 1 of #TheKing. Just absurdly good!
Thanks a ton dude, I'm still smiling. 915d2 and Rogue Black is the best combo I've ever used to date.

I am 6 rounds in with my 915 D2 I am starting to fall in love with it. My swing has really unproved. My k15 with the draw bias had really help my slice like swing but it was killing me
with the rights.. pull hook being a lefty golfer. Had the G30 sf tec for awhile ,solid diver but a little spinny for my swing it was hurting into the wind ,better than the k15 which really hurt me in that department.
The 915 D2 just shines in those conditions .I hit some bullet like darts in to the wind. Distance wise as good a driver as I have hit. Where the 915 shows stuff, it is so forgiving, a real fairway finder. From there the Ap1's take over...

I am 6 rounds in with my 915 D2 I am starting to fall in love with it. My swing has really unproved. My k15 with the draw bias had really help my slice like swing but it was killing me
with the rights.. pull hook being a lefty golfer. Had the G30 sf tec for awhile ,solid diver but a little spinny for my swing it was hurting into the wind ,better than the k15 which really hurt me in that department.
The 915 D2 just shines in those conditions .I hit some bullet like darts in to the wind. Distance wise as good a driver as I have hit. Where the 915 shows stuff, it is so forgiving, a real fairway finder. From there the Ap1's take over...

Love this. This one is on my radar for next season. I love my current gamer but plan on looking hard at this one when its time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being the ever-tinkerer that I am, several weeks ago I sucked it up and bought a 915 weight kit. Turns out, for me, I like the red (standard) weight the most. Does anyone have interest in this? If so, I'll put it up in the marketplace. Right now, just sitting in my bag.

I have limited demos for the 915 in my area. Could you give me an idea of which shaft and flex would be a good starting point to try out. My driver swing speed is in the 95-96 range. Thanks.

If you like a lighter shaft, I'd try a Diamana M+ in reg flex. I have that shaft in stiff and I swing around 100-105. I really like it and it's what I was fit to.

Back