New member - checking in

rglough

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all, Looking forward to new membership!

I am from the Pittsburgh area and always looking for new courses to play. I have been playing over 20 years and always looking for tricks, tips, etc. Currently stand at 14.5 on GHIN. I have just started playing a lot more in the last year.
My bag mostly consists of older Taylormade Burner 1,3,5 Woods, Ping G3 irons 4-LW, Odyssey Tank, and Taylormade Project (a) balls. Thinking of upgrading woods to newer equipment.

I do have one question - A local Golftec shop evaluated my swing and compared current to new drivers. They basically said stick with my current driver, but others have said that I really need to hit the drivers outside. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Welcome! Nowadays there is something for everyone in terms of driver fit. You will always see the best results when you can see the actual ball flight. Maybe find a demo day near you at an outdoor range so you can see what the true results are. I think most importantly, play what will make the game fun for you!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP and definitely hit the woods outside and side by side if possible before making a change.

Welcome a board!

my take: if you want to buy a new driver, buy the new driver. If you are happy with your current driver and what you are getting out of it, then I would listen to the guy from golftec and spend the money on more golf or something else that might help you.

Either way, good luck!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to thp. Love the olde stonewall course Near you

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome!

Welcome to THP! And agree with PhillyV & mancest. Play what makes you happy

Welcome! I'm with the others play what you like, and try to get some outside swings in before buying a new driver.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP. Has been a little gathering out at Olde Stonewall the past couple of years. Hope you can make it if it happens again.

Back