Two Club Tournament - Which Two?

bobgeorge

Kentucky Wildcat Fan!
Reaction score
Handicap
So I got invited to play in a two club tournament on Saturday. The putter counts as one club. Which two clubs do you recommend?

[FONT=&quot]For what it is worth, I think I might be able to putt with a fairway wood.[/FONT]

4 hybrid and a 9 iron. I would just blade the 9 iron to putt

6i and putter. Unless there are forced carries a 6i former can be used for every shot

4 hybrid and a 9 iron. I would just blade the 9 iron to putt

Thanks for the input. I don't have any hybrids. I guess my equivalent club would be a 7 wood. I hit a about 190-200 yards.

On my other yardages....I avg 170 yards with a 5 iron.....160 yards with a 6 iron. My 100 yards and in club is a 48 degree wedge.

48* and your 7wood.

5 wood and 54* wedge

3h 54* wedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My apex hybrid and I think a 8 iron

For me 2 or 3 hybrid and like a 7 or 9 iron. Are you playing all 18?

I'd go 5W and 7 iron. My putting is bad enough that I can do just as well without a putter.

4i and 56 degree for me.

I use my 56 degree for chipping/full 100 and in shots, and out of every hazard.

I putt with my 4i from deep fringe already anyway, so I'm used to using that.

Leave the putter at home for sure. I'd take a hybrid and a wedge of some sort. 50* maybe? You have to imagine if you have a bunker shot, you'll need something better than a mid iron

I agree putter is not a wise choice, not versatile enough, and a wedge is a must knowing few greens will be had.

5i and SW

50/52 degree and 7iron or whatever you can hit 160ish.

6 iron and putter. You're going to putt on every hole. I could easily see making up 8-10 strokes with my putter versus someone using any other club on the greens.

I am going with my 23* Apex hybrid and 52* wedge.

thinking 5W and PW. I could putt with either, I use my PW around the greens most of the time and could use the 5W off the tee on most shots and probably a lot of approach shots.

3i and PW for me.

7i and GW

I would say the 48° wedge and whatever club will get you to most of the par fours in two.

I'd go 3w and 7i-pw depending on course yardage. If most par 4 are in the 350 range than give me the pw. If they're closer to 400 I'd want a 7i. par 3 yardages would also have a factor in the iron selection.

7i and 52* GW

Back