Getting my first pair of golf shoes

PizzaBear

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
So I'm playing enough and my game has got to a point where I need to invest in some actual golf shoes and I'm willing to spend what needs to be spent for a good pair

I have a 13US wide foot and I always walk my rounds

Is there any particular brands people would say are best? any that are not even worth looking at?

Any features that are a must or to keep clear of?

Thanks,
PB

I've had the puma bio drives for a while and really like those shoes. You can get them pretty cheap in the US.

I think shoes, more than anything else, are a matter of personal preference. In terms of construction, I haven't had an issue with most of the golf shoes I've bought out there, but there are some I found more comfortable than others.

A lot of people swear by Puma, I'm a fan of Nike's golf shoes historically.

Ive enjoyed the Puma Bio Drives as Burnham has, as well as some of the Adidas boost options

Another vote for Puma BioDrive, best shoes I've ever worn. You can find them for a pretty good price, especially on eBay from good sellers.

I don't think the size 13 part will be an issue, but depending upon how wide your foot is (E, EE, EEE ?) i've found that it can be tough to find shoes that fit well (for me). i'm a 9 1/2 EEE (yes, like flippers) and honestly, it was a struggle to find shoes - and they weren't off the shelf, had to be ordered. I ended up with a couple of pair of Foot Joys in their widest available. They are "ok" for fit, very durable and haven't leaked on wet days... so that's a plus

That said, i think i'm going to try New Balance golf shoes this next time i shop for shoes, as they're one of the few - if not the only - shoe makers that i'm aware of who actually use the E EE and EEE (and beyond) sizing for width, as opposed to just Wide or Extra Wide. There's nothing worse than playing golf in shoes that don't fit well. Good Luck!

Some of the newer FootJoys will probably​work best. I'm in a similar situation. I wear a 13 and can wear a standard footjoy but need a wide in almost every other brand. The Footjoy Freestyles have been very comfortable, but they have more traditional styles as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, I have always been partial to FootJoy, but that is because they fit my foot well, and I don't walk.

I have a set of Puma Titan Tours from a couple of years ago, also very comfortable, and far lighter, making them more suitable for walking.

I've never tried them, but I hear Adidas makes a great shoe for walking courses.

~Rock

Shoes really are so dependent on the person. I used to love Footjoy, but can't wear them anymore without either having my foot ache in the stable models are aggravating plantar fascitis in the freestyle.

As a heavier dude with wide feet I am a huge fan of the Ecco Bioms. They are the most comfortable for my feet, but if possible I would try some on and see what fits your feet.

I am one that didn't like the BioDrive, but love the ignite series, particularly the Spikeless model. I am wearing them right now as I sit at my desk.

I've been a long time FJ Contour and EECO Biom guy' I found both of these shoes very comfortable. On a whim I bought a pair of Adidas Boost 2's because they have a big toe box. After walking 18 holes for the first time with them, I went out and bought another pair in a different color. I'm a convert. They are super comfortable and the spikeless design is robust and looks like it will last a long time. Not sure about the Boost 3's, but have to assume they are great too. You can still find the 2's out there for under $100. Also, the waterproofing is top notch, Played in wet conditions several times and my feet were always dry. YMMV.

I personally really enjoy the Adidas AdiZero shoes.

Thanks everyone!

Puma and new balance will have some solid options for wider feet. I think new balance does it better than anyone, and Jman has given some great reviews on some of their more recent options. Could be something to look into.

Puma and new balance will have some solid options for wider feet. I think new balance does it better than anyone, and Jman has given some great reviews on some of their more recent options. Could be something to look into.

I'd love to get some new balance, but I can't seem to find them stocked in Australia.
At the moment I'm probably going to try some Asics
https://www.drummondgolf.com.au/asics-gel-ace-pro-fg-golf-shoes-white.html#.WMsRIDt96Uk
Adidas
https://www.drummondgolf.com.au/adidas-adipower-boost-2-golf-shoes-white-yellow-1.html#.WMsRTDt96Uk
and maybe try on some footjoys to see how they go

I'll try some of the Pumas too if everyone is saying they are good

Damn, Australia is expensive!

Definitely try some Puma.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Damn, Australia is expensive!

Definitely try some Puma.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Yeah and the annoying thing is as you know shipping can be so expensive it ruins any savings you might get ordering from the US

Yeah and the annoying thing is as you know shipping can be so expensive it ruins any savings you might get ordering from the US
How much is shipping? Because those Boost 2s can be had for less than $100 here.

But those are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. And I have owned many from Nike, Footjoy and Puma.

How much is shipping? Because those Boost 2s can be had for less than $100 here.

But those are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. And I have owned many from Nike, Footjoy and Puma.

50+ from most of the online golf places

I've had really good luck with FootJoy and Puma for shoes. The nike's and adidas' have always felt too narrow to me.

50+ from most of the online golf places
So that would save you over a $100 wouldn't it?

They had them for $75 at the outlet, I've seen them online for not much more. But I have the shoes and couldn't love them more.

So that would save you over a $100 wouldn't it?

They had them for $75 at the outlet, I've seen them online for not much more. But I have the shoes and couldn't love them more.

Yeah it does, if I ended up choosing those Adidas I probably would end up ordering online. Still need to go try them on though

I cannot say it enough how much I love my Sketchers!

Getting my first pair of golf shoes

I love my:
https://youtu.be/aQ-BRLXzeZA

They are great for walking as they feel like a super comfortable tennis shoes while still offering support and grip!

I have had a lot of luck with FootJoy over the years, though I have heard a lot of good things about Adidas in recent years from guys I golf with.

Puma would be my first recommendation the. adidas boost then footjoy then skechers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back