To those that have one - how does the rubber sport band feel? Comfortable? Soft?

To those that have one - how does the rubber sport band feel? Comfortable? Soft?
I love it, I was worried I'd want to buy another band, but I love the white, I actually use the S/M band on the largest hole, less extra band tucked in, and couldn't be happier, and honestly I don't know if I'll add any other bands.

I love it, I was worried I'd want to buy another band, but I love the white, I actually use the S/M band on the largest hole, less extra band tucked in, and couldn't be happier, and honestly I don't know if I'll add any other bands.

Cool, thanks Icey.

I really do fail to see why anyone could be hoodwinked by the Apple marketing machine and actually stand up and say 'I need one of these watches'

Did you perhaps say this some time ago: "I don't see how anyone could be hoodwinked by the Apple marketing machine and purchase an expensive iPod when there are plenty of MP3 players already available."

Apple is redefining the watch, in the same way they redefined the MP3 player. I have little doubt that 5 years from now, we'll look back and point to the Apple watch as the device that completely turned on its head the notion of what a watch was all about. That's what Apple does.

I got to play with it yesterday at the Apple Store. I was pretty shock at how responsive it was on the touch screen with everything being so small. I can see how some of the features could be useful like reading the text and caller ID. I just can't see myself spending money towards this, espcially it being pretty pricey.

Once we can receive and make calls on the watch, they will have my attention.

Samsung has done that with every one of their Tizen based watches. The Gear S even has it's own sim card and phone number. When you're in Bluetooth range of your phone, it will use your phone's number for everything, but you could actually leave your phone in the house and still have phone, text and Internet capability using just the watch. With the battles between Apple and Samsung raging, I don't think that Apple will wait too long to have the same capabilities. They're just 2 years behind in the smart watch realm, so they've got some catching up to do. They've seemed to lose their edge on being technology leaders since Steve Jobs died and are always one step behind now when they led the pack for so many years.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You can! But you do have to have your iphone near!

You can! But you do have to have your iphone near!

So if iPhone is on Ya, you can make calls and receive calls from the watch without getting phone out? It has a speaker and mic?

Oops!!

Did not know that my friend. That's why I rely on you Patna!!! I may be interested now but might wait for the 2.0's!

What feature (other than telling time, ha) do you use the most thus far?

Notifications have been great. Honestly not having to get my phone out has been way more convenient than I thought. Camera remote for the iPhone camera has been nice as well. Plus it's a great watch as well.

I wore my Apple Watch during my golf lesson today and I really did not like getting the tap notifications on my wrist the entire time I don't think I'll be wearing it while playing golf. I'll stick with my golf GPS watch.

I wore my Apple Watch during my golf lesson today and I really did not like getting the tap notifications on my wrist the entire time I don't think I'll be wearing it while playing golf. I'll stick with my golf GPS watch.

Is there an easy way to set it to 'sleep' or 'quiet' or anything like that?

They've seemed to lose their edge on being technology leaders since Steve Jobs died and are always one step behind now when they led the pack for so many years.

This is an adorable sentiment.

I am still in serious Hawk ponder mode on this thing, I had the Fitbit Surge and started having the rash issues that some others had, to FitBit's credit they sent me a prepaid Fedex label and as soon as they received the watch back they issued me a full refund plus tax even though it was 2 months old.

Now thinking of using those funds to go with the Apple Watch.

This is an adorable sentiment.

Name one thing that they've done first since he's been gone. Phablet? Smart Watch? Apple TV? Apple Pay? I'm struggling to come up with something here. I'm just saying that the IPhone, Ipad and Ipod we're light years ahead of the competition and they were technology leaders. They aren't anymore and seem to rely on their name more than being innovative and pushing the envelope like they used to. I used to love Apple products.

I wear my smart watch when playing, but put it in theater mode, where it won't vibrate or light up. I had it vibrate in my backswing and get me a couple times, especially on putts.

Name one thing that they've done first since he's been gone. Phablet? Smart Watch? Apple TV? Apple Pay? I'm struggling to come up with something here. I'm just saying that the IPhone, Ipad and Ipod we're light years ahead of the competition and they were technology leaders. They aren't anymore and seem to rely on their name more than being innovative and pushing the envelope like they used to. I used to love Apple products.

Name one thing any smartphone manufacturer has done? Isn't it funny how the Galaxy S6 abandoned expandable memory and replaceable batteries and has seen sales skyrocket? Where is the innovation at LG? Leather back on the G4, amazing!

None of the smartphone manufacturers are innovating. They are all offering incremental upgrades.

And I would argue that since Steve Jobs has died, under Cook they have established a more cohesive experience across the entire product line. My iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Apple Watch all pretty seamlessly integrate with each other.

Name one thing any smartphone manufacturer has done? Isn't it funny how the Galaxy S6 abandoned expandable memory and replaceable batteries and has seen sales skyrocket? Where is the innovation at LG? Leather back on the G4, amazing!

None of the smartphone manufacturers are innovating. They are all offering incremental upgrades.

And I would argue that since Steve Jobs has died, under Cook they have established a more cohesive experience across the entire product line. My iPhone, iPad, MacBook and Apple Watch all pretty seamlessly integrate with each other.

I would agree that most have kind of stagnated, maybe there are just more viable options than there was when I got rid of my blackberry for the iPhone and was amazed so many years ago.

I wear my smart watch when playing, but put it in theater mode, where it won't vibrate or light up. I had it vibrate in my backswing and get me a couple times, especially on putts.

I didn't know about that, I'll check that mode out.

I don't have my Apple watch yet but my wife does and I'm taking it out on the course today to see if I can tolerate wearing a watch on the course before I buy the Arccos set up. I guess one way of looking at wearing 80 grams on my wrist will sort of be like getting the back weighting of Secret Grips without the $18 charge per club! I did get this rain-forecaster Dark Sky app that could come in handy not only for golf but when we are out boating or out for a long walk.

Weather.jpg

Golflogix just updated to support Apple Watch!

Back