Country Music Fans in Here!!

Pretty freakin cool that Aaron Watson's new album is #1 on the Country music charts. I guess the Underdog made it to the top.

In honor of The Man in Black's birthday:
[video=youtube;ED5s1-Fe9FA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5s1-Fe9FA[/video]

Glad I found this thread. I'm a big country music fan. I've managed to make it to a few big shows over the last couple of years with more on tap this year.

In 2013, I saw Jason Aldean, Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhett, and Jake Owen at Fenway Park. This was the first country concert held at Fenway.

In 2014, I saw George Strait, Tim McGraw, Faith Hill, and Cassadee Pope at Gillette Stadium. Also saw the following group at the Taste of Country Music Festival in NY: Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Brantley Gilbert, Hank Williams Jr, Thompson Square, Craig Morgan, Randy Houser, Thomas Rhett, Tyler Farr, Chase Rice, Eric Paslay, Blackjack Billy, Charlie Worsham, Jamie Lynn Spears, Leah Turner, and The Cadillac Three. Also caught Luke Bryan, Lee Brice, and Cole Swindell in Saratoga Springs.

This year I'll be back for the Taste of Country Music Festival. Another strong lineup, but nowhere near as enticing as last years lineup. This years lineup is Tim McGraw, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Billy Currington, Eli Young Band, Jerrod Niemann, Sara Evans, Easton Corbin, Chase Bryant, Colt Ford, Josh Abbott Band, Tracy Lawrence, LOCASH, Logan Mize, Western Underground, Rachel Lipsky, Sasha McVeigh, Jackson Michelson, and Annie Bosko. Rumor is the CMA Festival date was changed to coincide with this weekend which seems to be why the lineup consists of mostly B and C level artists.

I've also lined up tickets for both Kenny Chesney, Jason Aldean, Brantley Gilbert, and Cole Swindell shows at Gillette Stadium.
out of this years line up the only bands I would want to see is Josh Abbot Band and Tracy Lawrence.

Pretty freakin cool that Aaron Watson's new album is #1 on the Country music charts. I guess the Underdog made it to the top.
I love Aaron Watson and I have probably seen him in person about 10 times now. He is a great dude and after his set in the smaller bars he will have some rounds with everyone.

I love Aaron Watson and I have probably seen him in person about 10 times now. He is a great dude and after his set in the smaller bars he will have some rounds with everyone.

Would love to see him, but alas the closest he gets to me is the Grand Ole Opry next month.

Guess talking about Aaron Watson made him pop up on my iTunes Radio.
f014fa5c418ac1457d99fcaa23a7f3e4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I love all types of Country both new and old. I am a 90's kid so I love Alan Jackson, George Strait and Tim McGraw on the female side I like Shania Twain etc. For the "new" country I like the rocker type aka Aldean, Church and Gilbert. You also can't go wrong with Miranda Lambert or Carrie Underwood. I guess I just love country music in general. Oh, and for whatever reason maybe it is because of his unatural voice when he sings Keith Urban frustrates me, but I did love the Cop Car song or whatever it was called.

I like all types of music and country is one of them. I just went to the Garth Brooks concert over the weekend. It was good when I saw him 17 years ago and it was good this weekend.

11169887_10155381990430062_5586231446634386562_n.jpg

I prefer these two Smalls:

11169786_430091903835270_9107679190626098955_n.png

11182269_430448070466320_2641561900086320184_n.png

What I grew up listening to:

This song has been covered by several artists in the last few years:

As far as new stuff, this is more along the lines of what I listen to:

[video=youtube;Po4Cm-C_hSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po4Cm-C_hSk[/video]

I am not much of a fan of most of what is currently coming out of Nashville. There are a few catchy tunes here and there, but for the most part, it is pop music crap with some half-hearted twang.

At the Z brown concert right now missing my southern bros!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer these two Smalls:

11182269_430448070466320_2641561900086320184_n.png

My nanny had me listing to George as a newborn. She was good friends with him and got something for Christmas every year from him. He sent flowers to her funeral. Because of her I love George Jones. But I like my old country just as much as I love my new country.

I went to the Randy Rogers band concert last weekend and they killed it. Whiskey Myers was also there which was a huge plus.

Got tickets to see Haggard on Sunday. Pretty darn excited.

I went to the Randy Rogers band concert last weekend and they killed it. Whiskey Myers was also there which was a huge plus.
I saw Randy back in 06 or so. Whiskey Myers would be a stellar show.

Saw an outdoor show on Saturday.

Josh Thompson
Craig Campbell
Love and Theft
Joe Nichols

-Josh Thompson played first and was awesome. Was listening to some of his recorded stuff and they just sanitize the hell out of it. Sound was beastly in person.

-Campbell was fine. Not really my style, but not bad.

-Love and Theft was pretty teeny-bopperish at times, but did some great two part harmony stuff.

-Nichols was good. Very classic voice. Did a couple songs on his own from Haggard and Willie Nelson that I loved. Still though Thompson was the better act though.

I played golf this past weekend at The Resort at Tapatio Springs in Boerne TX, just NW of San Antonio. One of the course owners is George Strait, of course his name was on locker #1. Randy Rogers has a personal locker there too, but I forget his number.

I played golf this past weekend at The Resort at Tapatio Springs in Boerne TX, just NW of San Antonio. One of the course owners is George Strait, of course his name was on locker #1. Randy Rogers has a personal locker there too, but I forget his number.

My stepson caddies at a very exclusive course in Vegas and has caddied for Strait and other celebrities on occasion. He was surprised at how short George actually is.

Went to see Zac Brown last night. What an awesome show, definitely my favorite band by far.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Something I have wondered, it seems to me there are a lot of country songs out there that will mention something along the lines of which old school country artist they listen to. Why is that? Is there some sort of street(dirt road?) cred that comes from doing this?

Back