Bradley v Jimenez

I, along with others hear Pepsi speaking with a spanish accent, something he normally does not speak with. Given the context and the heated discussion, it may be viewed as a form of mockery.

I, along with others, don't hear it. and I'm pretty sensitive to it as I take offense very quickly. in my opinion, it's not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, along with others, don't hear it. and I'm pretty sensitive to it as I take offense very quickly. in my opinion, it's not there.

I'm not saying your opinion or what you are/not hearing is wrong.

I'm not saying your opinion or what you are/not hearing is wrong.

it obviously set maj off to tell him to shut up, so maybe being on the ground it was worse than what I can hear on a cell phone recording. either way, pretty stupid stuff!

I didn't at first, but when he says, "You want to delay some more Miguel?"

It was clearly in a spanish accent.

It sounded that way to me as well which shows a level of ignorance on the part of the caddie.

In fact, after listening very closely I'm 95% certain the caddie said "You want to delaya some more" with a Spanish accent.

Last edited:
"Shut up!"

"Don't tell me to shut up!"

"Hey, don't you tell my caddie to shut up!!"

How is this news...I hear this exchange every day with my kids. Maybe the Golf Channel can send someone by for an exclusive interview with my 4 year old.

"Shut up!"

"Don't tell me to shut up!"

"Hey, don't you tell my caddie to shut up!!"

How is this news...I hear this exchange every day with my kids. Maybe the Golf Channel can send someone by for an exclusive interview with my 4 year old.
It's expected from kids. Not from millionaire corporate spokesmen

I hear ya, I just meant that it wasn't anything so over the top. There were no mothers mentioned, so it's a non-story :banana:

Fact is this is match play. Mano vs mano. Not mano vs mano vs caddy. Caddies should know their place and stick to yardage.

Fact is this is match play. Mano vs mano. Not mano vs mano vs caddy. Caddies should know their place and stick to yardage.

Carry the bag, keep up and shut up..........

Carry the bag, keep up and shut up..........

Couldn't disagree more, their job is to help their player win, if that means speaking up at times that's OK too.

Again, MAJ had no business talking to anyone at all during this. None.

Again, MAJ had no business talking to anyone at all during this. None.

He doesn't have the right to ask about the ruling?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes. He is welcome to ask the rules official after the fact.

According to the rules, he has every right to be there during the ruling and asking questions.

According to the rules, he has every right to be there during the ruling and asking questions.

But instead he showed up and started acting like a jackass.

But instead he showed up and started acting like a jackass.

I agree that it got to the point where there was a lot of immaturity showed by multiple people involved, including MAJ.

Just watching the video again, does this have a "Happy Gilmore vs. Bob Barker" vibe to anyone else?

I'm actually curious why people are saying that Keegan's caddie had no business speaking up. Keegan is his player, if anything he has more of a right to say something than MAJ had. MAJ just kept going on and on, even after Keegan told him to leave him alone and go back to his ball. This is 100% on MAJ in my opinion, if he was concerned he should have voiced his concern to the official, and then let the official make the decision.

Caddie's aren't just there to show up and carry a bag. They are there to support their golfer and help them make decisions on the golf course, that's what they are paid to do.

I think I need someone who knows the rules better than me. I see that MAJ can make a claim of a rules violation, but not that he can be involved in the proceedings.

I think I need someone who knows the rules better than me. I see that MAJ can make a claim of a rules violation, but not that he can be involved in the proceedings.

Mark Russell,

"It was his opponent, he had every right in the world to come over there and see what was going on in that situations. These boys are competitors, they’re Type A personalities, and it got a little heated," he said."

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2015/5...y-caddie-shut-up-wgc-cadillac-match-play-2015

To me it seemed Miguel thought he knew the rules better than Keegan / caddie and even the official. He has all the right to stand and listen but not run his mouth. They already had it taken care of, he's the one that needed to shutup lol

I just want to see which rule of golf states that. The only one I remember says he can raise a claim if there is a violation.

I'm honestly not sure that deep into it myself. Would be interesting to see if it goes further into it, I'm just shocked Russell didn't mention MAJ being in violation of anything during his interview if he was.

I just want to see which rule of golf states that. The only one I remember says he can raise a claim if there is a violation.

sure seems he went significantly further than "raising a claim" even before shut-up-gate.

Back