Re shafting my driver

Brucem609

Rum Afficianado
Reaction score
Handicap
Had a diver fitting today. Didn't really find anything that was worth the $400+ outlay of greenbacks. However what the rite said was why not try a new shaft in your driver
inwas averaging between 85-89 mph club head speed. He got my spin rate down and suggested I reshaft with:
proforce V2 regular flex, and possibly cut it down 1/2"
any thoughts on the shaft he recommended?

I played that shaft a while back. It definitely reduced my spin. They also can be had for very cheap. I've seen them as low as $15 bucks brand new. Really can't go wrong at that price.

Had a diver fitting today. Didn't really find anything that was worth the $400+ outlay of greenbacks. However what the rite said was why not try a new shaft in your driver
inwas averaging between 85-89 mph club head speed. He got my spin rate down and suggested I reshaft with:
proforce V2 regular flex, and possibly cut it down 1/2"
any thoughts on the shaft he recommended?

I played that shaft a while back. It definitely reduced my spin. They also can be had for very cheap. I've seen them as low as $15 bucks brand new. Really can't go wrong at that price.

You played that shaft a while back
What are you playing now?
Is there something else better?
They want $59 for the shaft. I can't install it, so I guess good price. He said $100 install, new grip, keep the same head, keep the adjuster ( whatever it's called)
Let me know, is the e a better shaft for me?

Really hard to determine if there's a better shaft for you. I would go with what he recommends. What are you currently using? Is it adjustable, can the shaft be removed from the head? That makes it easy to go back.

You can buy that shaft in reg flex 65 gram for $16.99 from rock bottom golf. You're not going to find a cheaper shaft than that. $100 installed is not a terrible price. Even with a $16 shaft your looking at $60 total if you built it yourself assuming $25 for an adapter, $6 for a grip + supplies, tax and shipping.

Been a few years since I gamed this shaft but it is a very solid shaft. I gamed a regular flex since this shaft does tend to play a little stiffer to flex from what I saw and read.

I kind of want to try one in my Epic now that you mention it. Think I might still have one in a 9064 actually...

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

V2 is a great shaft. Some shafts fair better than most over time. V2 is one, imo. I have them in a set of Wilson Fybrids, love em.

Played a V2 for a few seasons in a 905 driver. Was a great shaft for me. Super stable and felt stiffer than most stiff flex shafts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back