EBAY Seller Problem

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Handicap
Transition
I purchased a set of clubs and asked the seller to provide a tracking number for shipping. The seller says he has sent it twice to my email( I never gave him my email and don't know how he could have gotten it) and I haven't received anything. He says they have shipped. I ask him what email he sent the tracking number to and he doesn't answer the question but instead tells me to call him or give him my email. I tell him I want all communication to go through EBAY. I ask him again to just give me the tracking number the same way he and I are communicating now. He has since stopped communicating with me. So now I guess I have to wait for the estimated delivery date to come and go before I open a case.
Does anyone have any experience with situations like this and did EBAY reimburse you?

If you paid through Paypal you'll be covered 99 times out of 100 as the buyer. If he can't provide a tracking number to eBay then it might not even have to go to Paypal.

In my limited experience eBay is buyer friendly.

Did you use PayPal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you need an email address to buy or sell on eBay. I just bought and sold, and in every case I was able to communicate with the other party and we did not exchange emails. What's more, go to the listing for the item you bought {<My eBay><Purchase History>} and if the seller used eBay to set up the shipment (and I did because there's a discount) the tracking number should show on the listing. Look to the right of your listing and if (s)he said (s)he shipped it, the shipped icon should be dark.

Ebay will back you. You do have to wait until the scheduled delivery date has passed before filing a claim.

First thing to do, is find the resolution center and open a dispute. It's tucked away, you'll probably need to do it on a laptop rather than phone. Once you do that, eBay become aware of the problem and it'll be down to the seller to respond and resolve the problem. As others have said, if you paid by PayPal, you'll have no issues getting your money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you need an email address to buy or sell on eBay. I just bought and sold, and in every case I was able to communicate with the other party and we did not exchange emails. What's more, go to the listing for the item you bought {<My eBay><Purchase History>} and if the seller used eBay to set up the shipment (and I did because there's a discount) the tracking number should show on the listing. Look to the right of your listing and if (s)he said (s)he shipped it, the shipped icon should be dark.

This whole thing keeps getting stranger! He just replied with a Tracking number. He is in WA. and I'm in NC. He sent it yesterday USPS and it says it will arrive tomorrow. How can that get here that fast? Also the shipped Icon is not blue stating it has not shipped.
And I did use PayPal

I've had sellers mark stuff as shipped and also not mark as shipped and not provide any tracking information. The package has always arrived within the described window however.

This whole thing keeps getting stranger! He just replied with a Tracking number. He is in WA. and I'm in NC. He sent it yesterday USPS and it says it will arrive tomorrow. How can that get here that fast? Also the shipped Icon is not blue stating it has not shipped.
And I did use PayPal

If he used Priority Mail, it might get there that fast. I bought some clubs from NC and they made it to Nevada in 2 days (original estimation was 3, but they came early).

He is in WA. and I'm in NC. He sent it yesterday USPS and it says it will arrive tomorrow. How can that get here that fast?

He likely shipped USPS Priority which will be 2-3 day delivery...so that's how it's that fast.

Fingers crossed.

If you paid through Paypal you'll be covered 99 times out of 100 as the buyer. If he can't provide a tracking number to eBay then it might not even have to go to Paypal.

This is the number 1 question. How did you pay? If you paid via paypal the seller usually gets an email with payment details which includes your email.

The other issues don't make any sense, not sure why he can't give you the tracking number through eBay (i always enter it in the eBay system so I can track it as well as the buyer) and why he is trying to work outside eBay.

And I did use PayPal

I sent out a club Friday night in Oakland, CA (purchased shipping and dropped off Friday night at 7:30pm @ Office Depot, after USPS had picked up) and it delivered in Texas Monday afternoon. That means it picked up Saturday and arrived in Texas (I think outside of Houston) in maybe 48 hours.

Definitely can be done, hopefully it works out well for you.

USPS ships quickly compared to Canada Post.

And I did use PayPal

I've ordered things from perth and it's got to me in Melbourne in 24 hours (equivalent of San Diego to Orlando)

Clubs showed up today.

I purchased a set of clubs and asked the seller to provide a tracking number for shipping. The seller says he has sent it twice to my email( I never gave him my email and don't know how he could have gotten it) and I haven't received anything. He says they have shipped. I ask him what email he sent the tracking number to and he doesn't answer the question but instead tells me to call him or give him my email. I tell him I want all communication to go through EBAY. I ask him again to just give me the tracking number the same way he and I are communicating now. He has since stopped communicating with me. So now I guess I have to wait for the estimated delivery date to come and go before I open a case.
Does anyone have any experience with situations like this and did EBAY reimburse you?

Tracking if he purchased postage via eBay, would have been automatically linked to your item purchase, also he could have emailed you by the PayPal address you paid from.

You may have to wait until the delivery date is not met, or you can find a phone number to call eBay and ask them to contact the seller to ensure you get the information.

When I have sold via eBay, I always purchase my postage through eBay, it auto sends the tracking information and links it to the item for the buyer and myself to see.

You are protected 100% through eBay money back guarantee and buyer protection.

I would hope he is not a shady seller. Keep us posted. I've got a fair amount of experience with issues as both a buyer and seller. Always send communication through eBay if possible, it can help.

Plenty of recourse...give it due diligence. If not you are covered regardless.

Thanks guys. I posted above that the clubs arrived.

Back