Cutting launch and spin with driver

Karl

Reaction score
Handicap
If I want to cut down spin and launch with driver. Is a softer flex low launch/spin shaft better than a stiffer med launch/spin shaft? I still want to maximize ball speed but lower flight.

What are your current ss, aoa, launch and spin numbers? What are you trying to achieve but cutting them down?

What are your current ss, aoa, launch and spin numbers? What are you trying to achieve but cutting them down?

Averages ss 99, aoa 0, launch looked high, no spin numbers. Just wondering which one of my other shafts to cut down to compare ball flights.

Averages ss 99, aoa 0, launch looked high, no spin numbers. Just wondering which one of my other shafts to cut down to compare ball flights.

Looks high and actually high could be different. Many of us amatuers also confuse launch and peak height as well as think we hit a ball to high. Generally to lower launch and/or spin going stiffer flex or a stiffer tip would be the way to go.

You could try a slightly heavier shaft too in a profile that matches your swing characteristics. Do keep in mind that the heavier weight may not be ideal for your tempo/transition so test as many different weights you can.

Back