Boston_golfer

Reaction score
I made an appointment with my doctor to evaluate, but I figured I'd ask fellow golfers. I had an indoor session that went pretty bad. I was hitting way behind the ball, and as we all know, matts are far less forgiving than grass. I had a sore wrist the next day, and the inner part of my forearm was also sore. My wrist and forearm feel fine now, but the center of my pald (the soft part) feels like it's bruised. There's no visual bruising but it only hurts when I make certain movements, or if I apply pressure to the center of my palm.

I'm hoping I don't have Carpal Tunnel, as I've been having a nagging discomfort in my wrists that comes and goes. Anyone else have something similar?

Palm Injury

See: Fractured Hook of the Hamate Bone

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=86996&share_type=t

Go see a Doctor right away! It takes a long time to diagnose the issue.

d8f0a793702546be0c3fb48f6b2833ba.jpg

Recovery time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has surgery on 2/27. I hoping 8 weeks.
Took 45 days to get the right diagnosis which is the reason I said see doctor right away.

Sensi core is your friend next time you regrip your clubs

I hope everything turns out okay. Even the CCE type mats that are plush, can still be pretty rough on your hands/wrist/joints....one of the reasons I changed to a fiberbuilt system this winter.

Thanks. Everything actually feels great now. I took a couple swings yesterday in a sim while shopping... We'll see.

Hope it's nothing serious

You have me a bit nervous now, I have a similar pain in the palm of my hand. Assuming they can just shoot an x-ray of the hand to see if the hamate bone is fractured?

Palm Injury

You have me a bit nervous now, I have a similar pain in the palm of my hand. Assuming they can just shoot an x-ray of the hand to see if the hamate bone is fractured?

Drew - see the reference thread. The Fracture of the Hamate tends not to show up in x-rays.

Ah, firewall has it blocked, I'll check it when home.

Thanks Mark!

Back