To Customize or not to Customize?

To Customize or not to Customize?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maddog701

Reaction score
Handicap
14.2 ghin
I have been thinking about customizing my new Steelhead Irons Callaway and MD 3 wedges. Not much, just maybe some paint fill to give them a little personality.

Six4three5 would do the job for me. He has done his own clubs and they have turned out great! He does a real nice job with the detailed painting.

My question is, do I give them to him and let him do his thing? Or do I tell him what I want done? not sure which way to go with this.

Please vote on the pole,

Yes...he does his own thing

No...I tell him what I want.

Pole will close on 3/20/17 at noon.

Thanks in advance to all who will vote!

Do not see a poll sir. And am not on Tapatalk.

poll should be up now..i was a little slow on the draw...lol

Got it now. Sometimes it just takes us old guys a little longer...

Although I'm sure he would do a great and very tasteful job, I still would want to call my own shots for my clubs.

Your clubs, your tastes. Have him do something that is to your liking.

Tough call. I like letting an artist have their way, but they're your clubs. I'd say let him do one and you pick one.

I'm all for giving the kid the freedom to do what he thinks is best

If it were me I'd tell him what I want. But he's your son, so if you know and trust his taste then let him have at it.

I say do it together. Nice little bonding time and can make sure he doesn't hammer you with pink :)
Haha as much as I'd love to throw a whole bunch of pink on there I couldn't do that to the old man. I got some ideas cooking around for them if he gives me free reign!

Give him the colours and let him make it work.

Give your opinion and tell him what you are looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd give him an idea of what you are looking for. If you aren't sure, I'd let him do what he wants since he's your son and he knows what you like.

But if it wasn't your son, I'd definitely be specific on what I wanted.

Mike, I've seen your taste in clubs, gear, and apparel.

Let Jimmy do it....

A year or two ago, I'm not sure I would just give Jimmy carte blanche as I'm a little more reserved than Ricky Fowler, but now I think I'd trust his judgement. Nothing wrong with telling him what you want either though.

Why not get the best of both worlds

Let Jimmy do what he wants, and then if/when you don't like it you tell him to redo them how you want :D

I would do something unique to what you like!

I would do my own!!

I say give Jimmy the free reign to do it.. You know he won't lead you astray and would definitely do something that you would love.

I would at least have a little input on how you would like it, just in case.

I'd say let him have some artistic freedom. He's your son, he knows you pretty well:D It would be a great surprise when he shows you also. It's also not permanent...:act-up:

Let Jimmy number have creative control...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

little bump to see if I can not get a few more votes...thanks

Back