Bridgestone J815 Driver Review

I only hit this a few times. It was a fairway finder, but I felt like I lost some distance by hitting it a bit too high with a bit too much spin. It would be a fun one to play with shaft options on. And yes, hideously ugly.

I am in the group that thinks the graphics disappear once you hit it a few times. I wish this was in more stores so people could try it out. I can't wait for this weekend to get both these drivers on the flightscope.

I really hope this one isn't slept on by the Legacy guys. Its a damn solid head, as I said in the review, its a Bridgestone driver "for the rest of us".

I preferred this to the 715 by a pretty large margin.

I really hope this one isn't slept on by the Legacy guys. Its a damn solid head, as I said in the review, its a Bridgestone driver "for the rest of us".

Couldn't agree more with you 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump, hoping it isn't getting lost in the Legacy mix because of paint. Its the substantially more forgiving head of the two, and not at all a high spinner.

Bump, hoping it isn't getting lost in the Legacy mix because of paint. Its the substantially more forgiving head of the two, and not at all a high spinner.
This is one of the drivers that I really want to hit again. Would love to hit this on a monitor or even on the course. I could not really tell what kind of distance I was getting on the range.
As for the color, never noticed it while over the ball. It's just a color anyway.

Its one I need to game more to be honest, I do wish though I had a higher lofted head.

The paint is a big deal for me, I'm not a fan and never will be, but the head hits pretty much all of my particular needs. I hit it extremely well.

I have not been able to get my hands on one of these, but I do want to hit it. I look at it this way, if I am worrying about the graphics on the crown, I am probably not focusing on the proper things :)

After 3 shots I didnt even notice it was there really.

I love love love this driver and so happy it is available to us in the Legacy. Dont sleep on this one guys!

I have not been able to get my hands on one of these, but I do want to hit it. I look at it this way, if I am worrying about the graphics on the crown, I am probably not focusing on the proper things :)

If not for the Fireball you could have hit THE ONE THAT WAS IN MY DAMN BAG THAT DAY SHANE!

It looked yellow to me that day, not red :p

Well lets get to Peoria Ridge sometime and play and we can tape it so I can hit it #NoFireball

If not for the Fireball you could have hit THE ONE THAT WAS IN MY DAMN BAG THAT DAY SHANE!

Well I gotta say I'm actually leaning this driver's way right now. Forgiveness while still lower spin is right up my alley. I think I can deal with the graphics. Although if I pair it with the tour green it's gonna look like Optimus prime's Christmas tree.

Wouldn't mind taking a couple swings with this club!

Well I gotta say I'm actually leaning this driver's way right now. Forgiveness while still lower spin is right up my alley. I think I can deal with the graphics. Although if I pair it with the tour green it's gonna look like Optimus prime's Christmas tree.

with your swing speed no one is going to see anything anyway.

Loved this driver at Bridgestone U. Went to the PGA SS in Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago excited to hit it some in the simulators and see some numbers and then demo it for the weekend but much to my disappointment they didn't have the driver in the store and I asked 5 different workers and none of them have even heard of it. Sad because it is such a good driver and people are missing out on a chance to hit a good one.

I love love love this driver and so happy it is available to us in the Legacy. Dont sleep on this one guys!

this driver suits your game so well and for being someone who was dead set against it based solely on looks and let the performance speak for itself is awesome.

anyone on the bridgestone side not considering this is crazy.

I preferred this to the 715 by a pretty large margin.
I like it a lot as well.
After 3 shots I didnt even notice it was there really.
ha...it took me about that many shots to finally say...oh hey, that's the graphics they are talking about. It's been said many times and it's so true. They become a non factor.

this was a fun driver to hit, i ended up liking the 715 better, could just be the shaft options and my swing at the time didn't get along as well with this. I watched 3 guys hit it on the course at the event and they were hitting it well, they all got past the graphics pretty quickly including one guy who mentioned several times in a 45 minute drive from the airport to the resort that because of the graphics would never make his bag.

after 1 range session and a few holes on the course the mindset changed and its in his bag today.

I played with CAA_Beat this past weekend and he hit this driver a couple times and he hit it well. Iirc he had his best drive of the day with it.
Yep, this one and one with the D200 were my two longest of the day according the the cart GPS that measured back to the tee box.

So...
I want this driver. I really loved hitting it at Bridgestone U. I now have the opportunity to pair this head with a ProjectX custom shaft.
I need to find the 9.5* head and tip somewhere....

I was on Bridgestone chat on Monday and asked about the J815, since I have not been able to find one to demo here in Colorado, and was told that it is very limited supply right now. They did say that it should be available on their test drive in about two weeks or maybe a bit less.

I decided to pair the J815 (10.5°) with a Fujikura Pro 63 stiff for THPLegacy. This thing is gonna be a beast come July, I can feel it. My brief time with this driver made me a believer. I can't stress that if the crown is what is making you second guess this driver, you will forget about once you see how well the ball flies of the face.

I decided to pair the J815 (10.5°) with a Fujikura Pro 63 stiff for THPLegacy. This thing is gonna be a beast come July, I can feel it. My brief time with this driver made me a believer. I can't stress that if the crown is what is making you second guess this driver, you will forget about once you see how well the ball flies of the face.

Great pairing! We might have a very similar setup

Well I chose this driver for the Legacy. I just couldn't say no to a high launching, low spinning head that still packs lots of forgiveness. I'm not gonna lie, I like the way the 715 looks much better, but I don't think it's awful looking and I'm sure will look much better after I start hitting some bombs with it.

I was able to take a few swings with this one on an outdoor Trackman machine. Goodness, the head's design was busy. I really wasn't fond of it. I think I had the 10.5* head. Nice trajectory, nice feeling of control - it almost made me wonder if this plays shorter than some other options.

I was able to take a few swings with this one on an outdoor Trackman machine. Goodness, the head's design was busy. I really wasn't fond of it. I think I had the 10.5* head. Nice trajectory, nice feeling of control - it almost made me wonder if this plays shorter than some other options.
Stock length is 45". Compared to most of the OEMs, yes it shorter.

Back