Puma Soundchuck MINI

My original got run over by a cart a couple weeks ago, so I’m in the market for a new one and will be taking a look at these. I really liked the original, and used it a lot off the course as well. My kids are always asking me to clip it to their swing set every time they’re swinging.

How's the battery life on the Mini? I'm awful at remembering to charge my current speaker.

How's the battery life on the Mini? I'm awful at remembering to charge my current speaker.

I get about 2 rounds with it. When using it on the patio at home, its about 7 hours total. Some said they are getting less, but that is my history anyway.

I get about 2 rounds with it. When using it on the patio at home, its about 7 hours total. Some said they are getting less, but that is my history anyway.

Thanks, JB! Seeing this thread pop up got me pondering again.

Thanks, JB! Seeing this thread pop up got me pondering again.

Send GolferGal your full name and shipping address.
Please review the product in this thread once you receive it.
Tapped-L.jpg

Same for me, I've gotten in about 7 hours....don't think I've been quite able to get through 2 normal 4 hour rounds without charging.

I have charged mine once. I've used it at games/practices during warmups like 3 times and at home just because probably 2 or 3 times. I'd say that's about 5 hours of usage over the span of 4 weeks. I have not recharged it yet.

Tapped-L.jpg

Hahaha

#WINNING

Tapped-L.jpg

Whoa that's awesome! Thank you! Can't wait to try it out!

Taps are awesome!

I received my Puma Soundchuck Mini yesterday (thank you, THP!). I’m hoping to layer up for a round this weekend and get it on the course.

0d52e5160b519dba4398f2122f0e9dc6.jpg

Initial thoughts;

- Big fan of the matte black color; curious to see how the rubberized finish holds up

cb891401b6015f8b39133775245fd31f.jpg

- The clip seems heavy duty; I definitely won’t be worried about having this clipped to my bag

b062b57dca1801bd916463de04ad10a9.jpg

007d1c8d9ddc632575d9072ad84287db.jpg

- User instructions are very straight forward, including pairing, which was a breeze

964dc56061be58d54d7f7686e68f935c.jpg

84731f3c2a03189c97861c2d7c41a853.jpg

- I played a couple songs on Spotify once paired and the Mini has more than enough sound for on the course and would hold its own around the house as well

- I’m curious to see how the magnet works in a cart, etc.

- The only negative that I found so far is when I plugged it in to charge, I couldn’t tell if it was charging right away until I saw the little light above the charging port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That clip is heavy duty for sure. Mine has withstood a beating

Yeah...I fought it continually and finally just carried a 3.5mm connection cable with me. Would power up/down, bluetooth on/off, forget and rediscover the device....painful.

And the clip is just perfect, even use it to clip my charger to the bag which I then have a cable coming from to charge phone on course....just a nifty little setup for me.

Can you take a pic of that setup? Had me intrigued?

I received my Puma Soundchuck Mini yesterday (thank you, THP!). I’m hoping to layer up for a round this weekend and get it on the course.

0d52e5160b519dba4398f2122f0e9dc6.jpg

Initial thoughts;

- Big fan of the matte black color; curious to see how the rubberized finish holds up

cb891401b6015f8b39133775245fd31f.jpg

- The clip seems heavy duty; I definitely won’t be worried about having this clipped to my bag

b062b57dca1801bd916463de04ad10a9.jpg

007d1c8d9ddc632575d9072ad84287db.jpg

- User instructions are very straight forward, including pairing, which was a breeze

964dc56061be58d54d7f7686e68f935c.jpg

84731f3c2a03189c97861c2d7c41a853.jpg

- I played a couple songs on Spotify once paired and the Mini has more than enough sound for on the course and would hold its own around the house as well

- I’m curious to see how the magnet works in a cart, etc.

- The only negative that I found so far is when I plugged it in to charge, I couldn’t tell if it was charging right away until I saw the little light above the charging port

Congrats on the tap dude!

So would people say the sound quality is better than the original?

I don't have one, but can't see how it can be better than two separate speakers. Definitely is not in stereo.

Although on a golf course, you don't need it blaring, so it's probably less noticeable.

Thank you sir!

My experience with the original is limited at best, but I’ve been comparing it to the 808 NRG speaker that I typically use and is the same cylindrical shape.

Will do on Saturday once everything is on the cart. Regarding the sound, no it's not better than the original. Original is definitely louder but fortunately that's not an issue on the golf course (for me).

Will do on Saturday once everything is on the cart. Regarding the sound, no it's not better than the original. Original is definitely louder but fortunately that's not an issue on the golf course (for me).

I’m with you, but the clip makes it so easy I love it

I really need to pick on of these up. This is literally the perfect size for me and the reviews seem to be very good.

Tapped-L.jpg

Love it. Tap, Tap, Tap. You're next Bcape9. Shoulder Taps rock. :twist:

As for my soundchuck, I use the sh!t out of it. Sounds great whether I'm working around the house, out in the backyard raking leaves or on the golf cart. I've gotten around 9 hours sometimes out of mine depending
on how loud I play it. When I use it golfing I wrap the clip back around to the tail on one of the windshield posts. I know it was part of our swag but I would definitely have paid for one.

I think it's time I look in to getting one of these. I've started enjoying music on the course and the size seems perfect to hang off of my push cart. Not to mention it would be great to use around the house or outdoors when I'm working on projects. Nice feedback guys!

Got a red one of these in a swag bag at an outing I was in a month ago....I love this thing - usually clip it to my bag or have it in a cup holder - really is perfect.

I received one of these from THP (I guess as part of the prize pack for winning the weekend at the Titleist Event.) Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to putting it to use.

The clip looks really sturdy. For those that have used it by clipping it on the cart ... how does it hold up? The cord I mean. Does it survive the bouncing around on the cart? Or do you have to take it off while driving?

soundchuck.jpg

I received one of these from THP (I guess as part of the prize pack for winning the weekend at the Titleist Event.) Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to putting it to use.

The clip looks really sturdy. For those that have used it by clipping it on the cart ... how does it hold up? The cord I mean. Does it survive the bouncing around on the cart? Or do you have to take it off while driving?

Have had no issues with clipping it to the cart. Swings back and forth with the cart movement but little to no issues with it.

Have had no issues with clipping it to the cart. Swings back and forth with the cart movement but little to no issues with it.

Good to know, thanks

I plan to use it on my boat as well! :act-up:

Good to know, thanks

I plan to use it on my boat as well! :act-up:

Also fits well in the cup holder if no place to clip it to. Sound isn't muffled or anything either.

Back