Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 13* 3 wood but like the idea of a larger footprint with the shorter shaft. Yesterday was just ugly.

I tried the stronger 3W route and ended up being more inconsistent than with the regular lofted 3W, and probably shorter too haha. Just make sure you get some solid numbers first.
I'm sensing a trend...

I posted about getting a rangefinder too, do you guys think the slope feature is worth the money on some of the units?

Personally I have no need for one as most of the courses I play have very little elevation changes where I'm wondering how it will affect club selection.

I posted about getting a rangefinder too, do you guys think the slope feature is worth the money on some of the units?

I don't. Not being allowed in tourney play where about half of my rounds are played is a turn off for me.

Personally I have no need for one as most of the courses I play have very little elevation changes where I'm wondering how it will affect club selection.
Great points. I was eyeing the tour x as it has the ability to turn off slope for tourneys but 5 hundo is quite a bit. I saw some great deals on the z6 as well so i was thinking maybe that's a solid buy
I don't. Not being allowed in tourney play where about half of my rounds are played is a turn off for me.

See the Tour X review on the home page.

Was messing around in Golfsmith hitting hybrids...

The Jetspeed hybrid really really surprised me.

Pondering unreleased equipment after this past weekend...

I will say I am in full ponder mode for the Bridgestone J815, and will probably pull the trigger soon.

I want a PM wedge. Yes I'll eat crow.

Pondering unreleased equipment after this past weekend...

Yes yes yes!!! Dude you were money with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pondering picking up an adams super s 3 hybrid to match my 2 if I can find one cheap.

Yes yes yes!!! Dude you were money with that.

I think I like it lol. It's just a matter of time now

After this weekend, I need to get an BB 815 Hybrid and XR Pro 4-iron and complete the Callaway conversion.

Yes, yes. Let the Callaway flow through you.

After seeing Derek hit his XR pro 16* I'm now tempted to try one out. Guy is a beast with his.

Seems like one of those features that would be great if you did a practice round at a course before a tourney or were playing with your buddies for money. Otherwise, not sure how much value is see in it.

I want a PM wedge. Yes I'll eat crow.
Changing your mind isn't a bad thing. If I ate crow for every time my opinion changed on equipment here I'd look like Jaba the Hut

After seeing Derek hit his XR pro 16* I'm now tempted to try one out. Guy is a beast with his.

Don't be fooled....it's not the clubs. Derek could hit a pick axe and make you believe it's the right club for you :act-up:

Seems like one of those features that would be great if you did a practice round at a course before a tourney or were playing with your buddies for money. Otherwise, not sure how much value is see in it.

Changing your mind isn't a bad thing. If I ate crow for every time my opinion changed on equipment here I'd look like Jaba the Hut

Don't be fooled....it's not the clubs. Derek could hit a pick axe and make you believe it's the right club for you :act-up:

Very true. He hit my driver off the tee on 15 and outdrove me by 20 yds easily. Guy is talented with a golf club.

Pondered the Ping G30 LST for about 5 minutes after getting it on the launch monitor. Significantly better than anything else I hit. Then was done pondering. Now in the bag.

XR 6 hybrid will happen.

Just purchased a PM 64 wedge, A callaway Xr deep 14 w/ Diamana s+ Series 60 Stiff, and a XR standard head 17 with Diamana Series 60 S+. I was pondering the heavenwood but that lasted about two weeks until I couldn't get the spin under 5800. That seemed scary to me.

Just purchased a PM 64 wedge, A callaway Xr deep 14 w/ Diamana s+ Series 60 Stiff, and a XR standard head 17 with Diamana Series 60 S+. I was pondering the heavenwood but that lasted about two weeks until I couldn't get the spin under 5800. That seemed scary to me.

Do you want spin under that for something similar to a 7 wood? I guess if you were viewing it as a distance club perhaps.

I hit bombs all weekend with the HW, I would recommend that you reconsider!! Told all the Callaway folks that it was their best club.

Thinking about cutting down my driver by an inch tomorrow to have it play at 44". Hope it helps accuracy.

Thinking about cutting down my driver by an inch tomorrow to have it play at 44". Hope it helps accuracy.

Why not just choke down a little, it would be the same thing

Why not just choke down a little, it would be the same thing

I've been doing that but the grip is too thin down there because I forgot to add an extra half wrap when I installed the grip so I figure I might as well cut it down if I'm gonna switch out grips anyways. Plus if that extra length is there it'll be too tempting haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back