The Official Tiger Woods Thread

But he keeps saying he needs reps.
And in the past he wasnt shooting 85 and missing more cuts than making.

If someone is going to keep doing what they are doing and expecting different results, well...

cuckoo1.jpg

He said he needs more reps. Why not head to play? Most ******** and confusing thing is the PC answers of "need more reps", "its a process", "Working on it", "She wasnt that ugly"..

he said that months ago, then WD at the Farmers so he "stepped" away from the game to get his game better, now he is back but only playing the courses he supposed to "know" & play the best ... T17, T69 & 71st

He should be playing competitive golf. A partner, a gallery and all the normal things that a pro lives with. Hard to simulate that. Yes, he has done that a thousand times but what he is doing has not been working or perhaps it will never work because he simply can't make it work anymore due to his knees,back,head, ect.
God I wish he and Butch would get back together. The guy just needs to be told he is Tiger Woods.

he said that months ago, then WD at the Farmers so he "stepped" away from the game to get his game better, now he is back but only playing the courses he supposed to "know" & play the best ... T17, T69 & 71st

At least he had sole possession of 71st.

Im genuinely curious to see if he embarrasses himself at the US Open, will he ditch Chris and change things up? He obviously isnt sticking to his plan of more reps so i just wonder how long he'll stick with him. Will he swallow his pride / ego and try to reunite with Butch or Hank? Doubt it but I suspect he can only go along not breaking 70 for so long hahaha

But he keeps saying he needs reps.
And in the past he wasnt shooting 85 and missing more cuts than making.

If someone is going to keep doing what they are doing and expecting different results, well...

I don't disagree at all. I think he's just stuck in his ways of preparing for majors.

From a purely preparatory view, would it really better for him to be playing this week or to get really dialed in to that particular course? Seems like he would want to be able to know that place inside and out, to maximize his potential for doing well.

Im genuinely curious to see if he embarrasses himself at the US Open, will he ditch Chris and change things up? He obviously isnt sticking to his plan of more reps so i just wonder how long he'll stick with him. Will he swallow his pride / ego and try to reunite with Butch or Hank? Doubt it but I suspect he can only go along not breaking 70 for so long hahaha

i'd be shocked if he already abandoned the new move. he seems to really like it, and honestly his swing looks pretty good. i "get" that he's stuck between patterns, and it's going to take some time. it seems to me that he also needs to start trusting the swing when it matters in competition.

i'd be shocked if he already abandoned the new move. he seems to really like it, and honestly his swing looks pretty good. i "get" that he's stuck between patterns, and it's going to take some time. it seems to me that he also needs to start trusting the swing when it matters in competition.

His swing looks good. But the reality is that he is getting stuck and swinging out to the right and then praying he find the ball.

His swing looks good. But the reality is that he is getting stuck and swinging out to the right and then praying he find the ball.

agreed. but wouldn't that be a foley swing issue? pressing the hips toward the target and leaning the shaft toward the target make an in-to-out move. I don't know much about como's swing theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agreed. but wouldn't that be a foley swing issue? pressing the hips toward the target and leaning the shaft toward the target make an in-to-out move. I don't know much about como's swing theory.

He's been with Cuomo for a full 9 months? If my wife can grow a person inside of her in that period, an all time great golfer and top level instructor should be able to identify and fix that fault.

He's been with Cuomo for a full 9 months? If my wife can grow a person inside of her in that period, an all time great golfer and top level instructor should be able to identify and fix that fault.

lol that's awesome!

He needs to go back to his roots. He was a much better chipper and putter in this video.

Here's another blast from the past. Pretty coo0l video. Even then he knew he would be good.

Very interesting comments by Jason Day in his press conference at the US Open when asked about Tiger:

Q. You played with Tiger and Dustin this morning. We all know that Tiger is coming off that 85. And I just wonder, as one of the young guys who has caught him, if not passed him, you, Rory, Dustin, Spieth, what do you make of where he's at right now and what did you see from him today in that practice round?

JASON DAY: Tell you what, if he could get on the fairway, he'd probably be back to where he was. His iron play is just ridiculous how good it is right now, it's really special. The driver and the 3-wood -- the 3-wood is okay, the driver is little -- gets a little wide sometimes. But I think that's the biggest thing for him right now is to really kind of get on the fairway. His short game looks pretty good. Who knows what's going on with Tiger right now. We're friends, but I don't get into his personal life and I don't want to. That's his stuff and he deserves his privacy. But when it comes to golf, it's very difficult because you could have all the tools in the world, but if you really don't want to be there or if there's something that's off course that's playing on your mind -- the game of golf is so mental and if you don't have everything in the right order, it's very difficult to win golf tournaments. I've learned that very early. It really is amazing that some days you'll come out and you'll feel like you can beat anyone, and then some days you come out and you've got no confidence in the world and you can't break an egg with a hammer. Unfortunately, with Tiger, it's so hard because he's done what he's done in the past and everyone is expecting him to do that still. And we put him on such a pedestal that, where is the old Tiger and what's he going to do? When's he going to come back? We're just waiting for him to come back and win those tournaments like it was nothing, hunt down people like it was -- like he was playing a Wednesday tournament at the country club. But will we see it? I'm not sure. It just totally depends on the person, how hard he's working, because you don't get anywhere -- especially the top guys in the world, they're working their tails off. Everyone knows it. And then once again, it just depends on how much you want it. It's tough. He dominated the game for so long, and that's what I admire about him the most. He dominated the game so long, and he was so motivated to win. And I don't know how long he was No. 1 for, but he was No. 1 for a very, very long time. And it's hard to do that. Everyone, you're climbing Mt. Everest and he's fallen off it a couple of times and climbed back up there again. Once people understand how hard it is to climb Mt. Everest, it's hard to do it again. So it's pretty admiring to see what he's done to get back there a couple of times. And once again, I think if he could straighten out that driver, he'd play phenomenal golf, because his iron play and putting is on point.

I read that this morning and it really tells it like it is. More than anything it gives me confidence that TW can get back to winning. Come on TIGER !!!

That's a very long answer. Good on Day for being honest

I walked with the Tiger/Spieth/Henley group today and watched Tiger close up at the practice range after his 9 holes. Here are my completely subjective observations:

1) His swing is so violent. It is not as obvious on TV, but seeing him in person, and especially in relation to other pros, he just swings so hard at the ball. It doesn't matter whether it was a driver or a short iron. The only smooth iron I saw him hit was on #9 par 3 and he hit a beautiful shot into the hole.

2) Off the tee, he seemed to only hit two shots - a baby draw or a total block to the right. And he hit that block MANY times. It looked like he was trying to hit a cut and he just couldn't.

3) He hit many into the bunkers/waste areas. However, I never saw him once hit out of a fairway bunker. Instead, he would drop in the middle of the fairway. Found this strange. With his misses off of the tee, he will be in the bunkers. I'm surprised that he isn't practicing those shots.

4) He comes off like a jerk. Whether he is the nicest guy in the world, or an asshole, his demeanor is not outwardly friendly in any way. For example, he just kind of storms through the range. He doesn't talk to anyone else and doesn't smile at anyone. (The only other person at the range I saw that stiff and aloof was Keegan Bradley.) He also had an interesting exchange with Sean Foley where Foley tried to hi-five him and say "hi" and Tiger basically ignored him. It was really uncomfortable to watch. (BTW, Sean Foley comes off poorly as well. Strikes me as having a giant ego.)

4) He comes off like a jerk. Whether he is the nicest guy in the world, or an asshole, his demeanor is not outwardly friendly in any way. For example, he just kind of storms through the range. He doesn't talk to anyone else and doesn't smile at anyone. (The only other person at the range I saw that stiff and aloof was Keegan Bradley.) He also had an interesting exchange with Sean Foley where Foley tried to hi-five him and say "hi" and Tiger basically ignored him. It was really uncomfortable to watch. (BTW, Sean Foley comes off poorly as well. Strikes me as having a giant ego.)

umm no surprise there...

umm no surprise there...

I know Tiger's attitude has been reported many times, but this was the first time I saw it in person. As someone that grew up idolizing Tiger, this was far more depressing than watching him struggle on the course these past few years.

I know Tiger's attitude has been reported many times, but this was the first time I saw it in person. As someone that grew up idolizing Tiger, this was far more depressing than watching him struggle on the course these past few years.

i hear yeah, it sucks that he is that way. but he has always been that way, i think people ignored it because he was winning

Tiger needs to commit to the game and figure it out or retire, it's just painful to watch.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I'm not watching but YIKES, what's going on!?

Watching Tiger like this is like watching Jordan in a Wizards uniform

Back