The Car Shopping Thread

Very very true. I mean truth be told, ROI is absolutely awful on just about every vehicle, when you break it down. Cool factor has to play a role with an emotional and completely subjective purchase.

I agree 100%

Luckily I am a simpleton and when I buy a car I focus 90% on what it's gonna cost me to own.

Honest to god even if I won the lottery I would own one exotic car and it would be a 911 GT3

Otherwise I would buy a new Tacoma and be happy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree 100%

Luckily I am a simpleton and when I buy a car I focus 90% on what it's gonna cost me to own.

Honest to god even if I won the lottery I would own one exotic car and it would be a 911 GT3

Weirdo. I kid I kid. Im not a car guy either. But midlife crisis is setting in. I mean that seriously, not just with the car stuff. I have an amazing wife that indulges me from time to time with my neurosis.

I agree 100%

Just buy a 997 4.0 RS, talk about a good ROI. Value of those things are getting crazy.

Weirdo. I kid I kid. Im not a car guy either. But midlife crisis is setting in. I mean that seriously, not just with the car stuff. I have an amazing wife that indulges me from time to time with my neurosis.

I'm a sucker for power.

I don't need backup warnings, lane departure warnings, etc.

0-60 in sub 4 and I'll be good .

I'm a sucker for power.

Your welcome. I just saved you thousands.

I'm a sucker for power.

The SS is at 4.2 secs in 0-60 mph time. Before any performance mods. Just sayin... :banghead:

Dude, I might have to. They'll have a few in to try in early July.

Such a fun car. Especially if you are a manual guy, because they finally have 6 speeds in them which pleases me very much

Well that escalated quickly.

bee1d5134272ee5cb786d7fd0299d2ca.jpg

Nice Cookie! Gonna lift it when you do rims and tires? A 4" lift does wonders.

Nice Cookie! Gonna lift it when you do rims and tires? A 4" lift does wonders.

Unsure, this is my first Jeep so have some educating of myself that needs to be done.

Also have to make sure it fits into my home garage in addition to the parking garage at work which has a 6'4" clearance.

4" isn't much.
36ae9e39baa3697438f5038fe1789758.jpg

Looks tough when done!

4" isn't much.
36ae9e39baa3697438f5038fe1789758.jpg

Looks tough when done!

Agreed, it's definitely what sets it apart from most. Wife was already online early this AM looking at configurations. I'm lucky to have her onboard with the plan!! Hahaha

Agreed, it's definitely what sets it apart from most. Wife was already online early this AM looking at configurations. I'm lucky to have her onboard with the plan!! Hahaha

Just remember what JEEP stands for:

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

But when towing a

Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

that makes it okay, right? Hahaha

I questioned the bow tie color but once again it is clean and has a lot of class. Good for you. I am not a car guy but I admire this car because it looks tame but is really a beast inside.
Finished Bow ties and SS Emblem

Before...

2344579e9f11c2ea02084226ad81950c.jpg

0c4976102f45f1bb433426621c2b0e06.jpg

After...

7da3e27a28fa4a9e7f9a17de53dfd6e3.jpg

33d5af65e0db4a08364593410d6ab8d7.jpg

2.5" is really all you need Cookie, you can fit 35's with a little bit of effort at that height, it will ride better and most likely perform better off road in most situations.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

I know that feeling. We dropped $8,500 in a year keeping my wife's Commander on the road. Tipping point was the starter. Got it fixed and traded it on a new Equinox. Don't get me wrong, we loved everything about the Commander, except for the mechanics. Some of that we have to blame on the previous owner. We put a new motor in at 100,000 miles. Should have just fixed the problem cheap and got rid of it then. But liked the idea of a "new" car for cheap. Boy were we wrong and did it ever bite us.

Bought my wife a '15 Accord Sport back in January. We have about 7k on it and it's been awesome. Love us some Honda! Now debating a second one or perhaps a Pilot.
I work for Honda here in Ohio and quite a lot of my coworkers own Pilots. Im yet to meet someone who owns a Pilot and doesnt absolutely love it.

I know that feeling. We dropped $8,500 in a year keeping my wife's Commander on the road. Tipping point was the starter. Got it fixed and traded it on a new Equinox. Don't get me wrong, we loved everything about the Commander, except for the mechanics. Some of that we have to blame on the previous owner. We put a new motor in at 100,000 miles. Should have just fixed the problem cheap and got rid of it then. But liked the idea of a "new" car for cheap. Boy were we wrong and did it ever bite us.
Sounds like a typical Chrysler product to me. My wife currently has an '08 Ford Escape with about 160,000 miles on it and when her Escape dies, she really wants either a Honda CR-V or Pilot but she always wants a house, so having a $500+ a month car payment isnt something she really wants to do. I had proposed to her maybe looking at a Jeep Patriot or whatever they choose to call their small SUV because you can buy them used for pretty cheap and she likes that idea but in the back of my mind Im a bit anxious about how often it would need to be repaired. Shes hard on a car and isnt as diligent about maintenance and dealing with small problems before they become bigger problems, which makes me a bit anxious about her with a Jeep.

I hate to e the bearer of bad news but this thing is gonna be just as bad if not worse especially if it has the eco tech 4 cylinder DI engine.

I own two older pilots. They are great dependable cars. I don't have 11K invested in both of them.

Back