How often do you hole out from off the green?

With Dawg Daddy on this, if within a few yards trying to chip it in so not surprised if it goes in. Maybe one about every three rounds.
Twice today.

Last edited:
I've chipped a few in but never holed anything from like 10yds and out.

I haven't chipped or pitched one in , in a long time and probably 10 years ago I did skull a 9 iron from 135 that never left the ground more than 1 foot that hit the pin and went in .

4 or 5 times ever, and 3 were in the same round a few weeks ago...lol

Not often, but it does happen. I have not holed out anything yet this season, but it is early.

There have been more big foot sightings in a week, then me holing out from off the green ...

Never thought about it but every other round I seem to chip one in.

I did make one on the fringe a week or two ago, so I guess I have had one no putt chip in lately. I know it is great to get one. Zero putt holes are great.

Not often but when I do, it comes in bunches where it might happen twice in one round or in consecutive rounds.

I used to only lob the ball at the flag but as I have practiced different shots from different lies around the green I have learned to lay the club forward in my stance, pick a line, and hit a low one bounce shot with 2 or 3 feet of roll out. It has started going in a lot more because of this. I just got back from 27 holes at my home course and lipped out three similar shots and was within a foot on two or three others.

When I was practicing a lot(before kids) maybe a chip in once every other round. Now I chip in or hole a bunker shot maybe once every 15 or 20 rounds. From beyond 50 yards I hole out maybe once every 50 rounds.

Probably 5 or 6 times lifetime, so not often.

From the fairway: Once!

From around the green: I can rattle one in a couple or three times in a season maybe.

JM

If I am playing poorly, it happens more frequently. That may sound crazy, but it means I am missing greens and have more opportunities.

Hardly ever hole a chip. Hit the pin on pitches from the fairway a few times a year, and holed out a couple in the past few years (20 and 60 yds)

It doesnt happen that often, but I have had it happen in groups before.....Playing with some of the Houston guys last year I did it twice in one round and almost a third time....these are all chipping or pitching situations....cant remember that last time I holed out from the fairway.

You hit the nail on the head for me JB. Lately it seems like im 5-10 yards off on almost every green. If Im lucky i hit 2-3 GIR a round. This provides me ample opportunity to get one in or close as I spend more time chipping than putting it seems. I have yet to hole one out from a bunker or from more than 30 yards though. Mostly just short chips that hit, bounce and roll out like a putt.

Maybe once in a while. Like 3 times a year. I've never holed out from longer then like 5 yards off the green. I can't wait to hike out from the fairway. That would be pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From greenside 4-5 times a year. From the fairway (40+ yards), once every 4-5 years.

5 or so times usually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only holed out about 5 times so it doesn't happen a ton for me

Quarterly

It used to happen much more frequently back in the day when I practiced my short game a lot more. Since I got back into golf again after an 18 year layoff it's probably happened less than once every 20 rounds. :banghead: I've holed about a dozen full shots, mostly 8 irons, but all of those were back in the day too. Some guys must work at it and the work definitely pays off.

Last edited:
Maybe once or twice so far in my life.

Back