The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I dislike the Jags, I hate seeing this happen. I feel horrible for him

That's just brutal, what a very unfortunate thing to have happen.

Terrible news on Fowler. Damn

Cowboys fans. Quick question.
Do you think adding a RB is a necessity right now, or a luxury right now?
Im of the belief that what they have will do as well as last year with their line, and a friend (former Dallas Reporter) says the team says they are happy with them in front of camera, but behind scenes looking at trade options as we speak. Including reaching out to Tampa, KC, New England and Cleveland about current backs.

What are your thoughts?

Give me a solid RB. We don't have a proven back in the stable and with the expectations what they are - give me someone that can perform behind an average line.....not someone that puts up numbers only behind a great line.

Give me a solid RB. We don't have a proven back in the stable and with the expectations what they are - give me someone that can perform behind an average line.....not someone that puts up numbers only behind a great line.

My gut tells me DMC puts up the same numbers as Murray did last year behind that line with that offense. Not sure this year, as he was hit hard behind a terrible line, but last year I think he does.

My gut tells me DMC puts up the same numbers as Murray did last year behind that line with that offense. Not sure this year, as he was hit hard behind a terrible line, but last year I think he does.

I hope so....but I don't want the running game reliant on him. I'm still holding out hope for AD although I guess that's looking more doubtful now.

Many were thinking Cowboys would take a RB in the draft and they obviously didn't (and I'm glad because that o line will be a monstrosity for years).

Maybe someone like Doug Martin to Dallas???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would support that. When he's healthy he performs.

Man, I know you have been stuck with the bad Dallas years for a while (until last year), but if that is performance, I really feel bad for you. He is awful (as predicted and got mocked for it). Truly awful. :D

Man, I know you have been stuck with the bad Dallas years for a while (until last year), but if that is performance, I really feel bad for you. He is awful (as predicted and got mocked for it). Truly awful. :D

I'm honestly sheerly going off how he performed for me in fantasy year before last. You Floridians know better than I.

I'm not high on him, but his first year qualifies as performance.

I'm honestly sheerly going off how he performed for me in fantasy year before last. You Floridians know better than I.

He gave about a handful of good games. He shuffles his feet and dances before hitting any line. Complete bust here overall based on position drafted, outcome and the fact that Rainey has outplayed him at every chance.

Who could the Pats possibly trade? Didn't they lose all their RBs? What about CJ2K? With a good line he might be his old TN self

Cowboys fans. Quick question.
Do you think adding a RB is a necessity right now, or a luxury right now?
Im of the belief that what they have will do as well as last year with their line, and a friend (former Dallas Reporter) says the team says they are happy with them in front of camera, but behind scenes looking at trade options as we speak. Including reaching out to Tampa, KC, New England and Cleveland about current backs.

What are your thoughts?

I'm getting more and more on board with the Randall/Dunbar/Williams RB by committee approach which is where I think they are heading esp. with the addition of Collins and Green. Solid back ups to start the season in case one goes down.

Dunbar avg 4.0 ypc while Randall avg. 6.7 last year as back ups. Now the line is better. The WR's are a year better. I think they can make it work.....but a season will tell.

I think the AD ship has set sail. Only if Minn gets desperate would I consider the trade. Would Chicago be willing to part with Forte for a 3rd since he has one year left on his contract? Would NE be willing to part with Gray for a 4th? I think the Cowboys are in a good position with the trade avenue if they choose.

He gave about a handful of good games. He shuffles his feet and dances before hitting any line. Complete bust here overall based on position drafted, outcome and the fact that Rainey has outplayed him at every chance.
I would say complete bust is a big strong, when healthy he has been serviceable. Definitely disappointing after 1900 yards his rookie year. But that seems to be the trend over the past 10 years for the Bucs. One phenomenal year and then nothing.

Doug Martin
1st round draft pick
1400 yards rushing rookie year

Out of those 1400 rushing yards, he had 5 games over 100 yards (as I said a handful). He also had 5 games averaging 3.6 yards or less per carry.

In 2013 he started the first 6-7 games before injury. Cracked the 100 yard mark a total of 1 time and had 2 fumbles and 1 TD averaging a total of 3.6 yards per carry over the year.

In 2014 he had 2 TDs and had a total of one 100 yard game and averaged a total of 3.7 yards per carry.

His stats almost mirror Trent Richardson over their first three years and one is considered a horrible bust and a complete sham and the other somehow is not?

Dont see it. Nor do most, but for some reason, some people cling to those handful of games where people look like stars. I hope the guy makes it, but so far his career is 5 solid games of good football. About 8 more games of average football and a whole bunch of other games as horrible.

Give me Randall over Martin. Not an upgrade at the position.

Doug Martin
1st round draft pick

Out of those 1400 rushing yards, he had 5 games over 100 yards (as I said a handful). He also had 5 games averaging 3.6 yards or less per carry.

In 2013 he started the first 6-7 games before injury. Cracked the 100 yard mark a total of 1 time and had 2 fumbles and 1 TD averaging a total of 3.6 yards per carry over the year.

In 2014 he had 2 TDs and had a total of one 100 yard game and averaged a total of 3.7 yards per carry.

His stats almost mirror Trent Richardson over their first three years and one is considered a horrible bust and a complete sham and the other somehow is not?

Dont see it. Nor do most, but for some reason, some people cling to those handful of games where people look like stars. I hope the guy makes it, but so far his career is 5 solid games of good football. About 8 more games of average football and a whole bunch of other games as horrible.
Stop with the facts, JB. I'm counting on someone else taking Martin next year in Fantasy Football.

Doug Martin
1st round draft pick

Well, I believe one played a what 18 games for the team he was drafted for, was traded, then. Moved to special teams, then became a healthy scratch. The other had just shy of 2000 total yards his first year, and has struggled to stay healthy or break out on a very very bad team with a very very bad line.

I'm not a Martin fan, if we traded him I wouldn't be sad for a second. I just don't know that he has made it to total bust status. I hope he can get something going, but I don't expect it.

d53c71e42477af78acbb1a1c5592fa86.jpg

Just read a Yahoo sports article that said some speculation is that Brady could sit the entire year. Others say potential 6 to 8 games. No love lost for the Patsies from this Jets fan, and I'd laugh if it happens ... but not sure if that degree of punishment is warranted ... not compared to some of the crap this league generates.

Just read a Yahoo sports article that said some speculation is that Brady could sit the entire year. Others say potential 6 to 8 games. No love lost for the Patsies from this Jets fan, and I'd laugh if it happens ... but not sure if that degree of punishment is warranted ... not compared to some of the crap this league generates.

Some comedian on the radio made a joke about that very thing. They said if he married those footballs and then at home beat the crap out of them it might remove some air. He would probably only get 2 games for that. :D

Good for Winston. If he believes strongly in this, and clearly he does, the suit is the right way to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back