What sports do Golfers play besides Golf?

I've been playing lacrosse since I was 10. Still play on a local mens league team that plays other cities from around the midwest.

I barely have enough time for golf, let alone anything else!

lately it seems like i play a lot more Tennis than Golf :crying:

I enjoy skiing, bowling and table tennis during the winters up here

Used to play softball, but stopped playing a couple of years ago. Now when I am not playing golf, it is rec volleyball for me.

I ski about 40 days on a good year and cycle 100+ days each year. I also lift weight 3 days a week. Golf has cut into my cycling a bit this spring and all the extra range time has really helped.

I play co-ed Softball in central park - GO BALLS DEEP!

Outside of this I play touch football every now and then...

I am a pretty good skiier as well but unfortunately didn't get to go out this year...

Besides golf I play basketball on a weekly basis. I play sand volleyball and softball in leagues during the summer. Bowling league in the winter. And then I throw in yoga and lifting as well.

I use to enjoy coon hunting but got too old for it..

Here in the UK that word is a very derogatory term for a black person, and if you were to do that kind of hunting over here you would rightfully be locked up and key thrown away.

I assume you meant 'Raccoon' hunting.

Re other sports for me. Used to play hockey(not ice) and cricket until my late 20s, but can't find time for more than one game of golf per week at the moment so other sports are a total no no for me.

Ummm, I work out.....mostly due to golf. I used to play a lot of sand volleyball when I was in college.

Are video games a sport? I rarely play them anymore, but at least in the winter, I do that as well.

~Rock

Just about everything. Baseball (now softball), basketball, flag football, volleyball, ultimate frisbee.

I play hockey in the offseason up here in Canada eh!!! :alien2:

These days its less than I used to because of my knee, but I like to flyfish, whitewater raft, camp, play pool, write, record, and perform music, and snowboard. Those my main activities

I play on a traveling softball team with a great group of guys, we also play Rec ball, too. I also bowl in the winter months. I use to play some pick up/Rec basketball, but not much anymore. That's about it for me anymore.

basketball, tennis, racquetball, ping pong and softball

I play in a whole bunch of our work leagues - volleyball, basketball and softball. I pick up the odd beach volleyball, flag football and ultimate frisbee game every now and then as well. Gotta keep busy to stay out of trouble haha.

Yep, I plan to replace playing basketball with tennis. I played a couple of years ago briefly, but I had the worst case of tennis elbow that made me quit. As soon as I can afford to join again, I'm going to get back to it!

I played football, baseball, basketball along with a moderate amount of hockey. One year of college football, just DIII.

I played in a very competitive flag-football league until about 31 yrs old when I snapped my achilles tendon. Hung them up after that.

Still played basketball til a couple of years ago up to the age of 45. Lingering aches in the knees put an end to that. Still an avid weightlifter, just in a cyclical low point at the moment.

Always played key positions, QB, pitcher/shortstop, shooting guard, etc... but just steady play, nothing spectacular. Good to maybe very good at all sports, great at none. :-(

f019ccd11bef163b5bc9172dca4a3a3d.jpg

Kitesurf Surfing Dancing Hiking

Back when I was younger I was a multi sport athlete. Cross country, wrestling, track & field, soccer, baseball, judo, slo-pitch softball, bowling and probably another one I am forgetting.

Now just golf.

Yep, I plan to replace playing basketball with tennis. I played a couple of years ago briefly, but I had the worst case of tennis elbow that made me quit. As soon as I can afford to join again, I'm going to get back to it!

Jealous, gentlemen! NOBODY plays tennis up this way. The courts are invariably close to deserted, even on nice days. About the only way I could find more folks to play with is join a tennis club (not cheap).

I used to play baseball and softball regularly and during my military days and for a bit after was basketball and flag football and soccer.

i gave up those to focus on golf and prevent injury that would take away from golf time.

I grew up playing ice hockey, but several knee surgeries have stopped that. If my son takes it up, I will figure out a way to get back on the ice.

I'm getting old. No more softball/baseball. Just golf for me now.

Back