Without a doubt it would be PING if I was limited to only one companies golf products.But then I'd be S.O.L. for balls.

picking just one company is hard, but i guess i would have to go with Titleist ... they have a quality lineup from top to bottom ...

Titleist is a marketing machine and I think they have a stigma in some circles (here to an extent) as just being a marketing machine. I ranted about Golf Digest being in bed with them and the Hot List (at least for balls) being a joke due to this- which I still think is true. They do make some fabulous clubs, though. If the AP2's weren't a thousand dollars they would be in my bag. I love my 905T- and then you get to Vokeys and a Scotty Cameron- that is a fine bag right there, evil empire of marketing or not.

I think G.D. is doing a manage a trois - you forgot Callaway. I.M.O. they are just as overrated as Titleist.That's not kept me from using their products though. In the bag right now are Callaway,Cobra,Taylormade,PING,Titleist, and Mizuno

I think G.D. is doing a manage a trois - you forgot Callaway. I.M.O. they are just as overrated as Titleist.

I don't like Callaway's "clicky" balls, but I have yet to hit a Callaway iron or wood that I would classify as bad. They are always on my short list when I'm picking out new clubs.

Titleist does make fine equipment, however I would not put their clubs at the top of any list with this year's stuff, just my opinion. Their wedges are not even close to as good as the competition again in my opinion. And SC putters while nice and extremely popular are no different than just about any other milled putter out there other than the pros use them and they hold value.

Vokeys were the first wedge company to really saturate the tour pros and hit the consumer market in a way like nothing before. But in my mind they have been surpassed in spin, feel, and technology by atleast 5 companies.

For me it would be Wilson staff at this time, but it might change if I got to try the Nickent irons. I love my Nickent 5 wood and if I hit the irons just as well I'd change.

thats another one i really like too: Wilson Staff. and your Ci7 irons are one of my favorite designs of all time. i could definitely do an all Wilson Staff bag too

Wanted to bump this old thread for all the new members we have. It is 2 threads of the same topic merged together.

All around I dont think TM can be beat. They make great drivers, irons, putters even good balls. A close second would be Cleveland, they are closing the gap between them and TM IMO.

PING if I could have only one.USA baby.

But Ping has very few clubs made in the US anymore.
Yes that's true but don't they have the only foundry still here for irons?

This one is easy for me for two reasons, how the company has treated me and the fact that their clubs fit me to a tea...... Cleveland. Right now 35.714% of my bag is Cleveland and it will grow as every club I hit of theirs just plain works for me. When you cut it all away that is the true measuring stick. Next on the agenda will be to demo the new DST Hybrid vs. my current ones. I really like me irons but they are getting a few years on them so the CG7's are going to get a look in the future.

Yes that's true but don't they have the only foundry here for irons?

Yes. The real question is how much longer. Because almost all of their irons are made overseas now as well. Driver heads have been for a while and now most iron heads. Early industry predictions are by 2011 that everything will be made overseas.

Cleveland would have my vote other than the ball. I sure like the TM Penta and the Bridgestone B330, even though I've not been out with my new e6's yet. Taylormade would be the perfict fit all around, great clubs and I have a bag full of them, but what I've seen from Cleveland's customer service will keep me thinking positive about them for a long time.

This one is easy for me for two reasons, how the company has treated me and the fact that their clubs fit me to a tea...... Cleveland. Right now 35.714% of my bag is Cleveland and it will grow as every club I hit of theirs just plain works for me. When you cut it all away that is the true measuring stick. Next on the agenda will be to demo the new DST Hybrid vs. my current ones. I really like me irons but they are getting a few years on them so the CG7's are going to get a look in the future.
It's hard to argue about this.Everyone has a favorite though.That's why we aren't limited to just one.Thanks for that. Competition is what drives the advancements we have seen IMO.

Alright. But they don't make wedges? I could deal with their putters, not the best looking things, but I could deal.

I use Cobra Wedges UFI Gap Wedge 50, Sandwedge 55, Lob Wedge 58. I love them. I have hit them all including the Vokies, Cleveland, Ping, etc. The UFI wedge's are the most fun and forgiving wedges, for me, that I have ever tried. If someday I change brands of irons , I will have to keep these wedges. The sad thing is they will eventually wear down :eek:(

I would play with Cobra.

Unless I get lucky and win some TaylorMade stuff on here :eek:)
Cobra has been extremely good for my game. Sad to say though the ZL has left the stable for good. Traded it in for a brand new Calloway 9 degree Diablo. It will be interesting to see how the Calloway driver works :eek:) It will be in the stable with my #1 R7 TP, #2 R9, & now rookie Calloway. I'm a club ho and can't help it. I need treatment :banghead:

I would play with Cobra.

Unless I get lucky and win some TaylorMade stuff on here :eek:)
Cobra has been extremely good for my game. Sad to say though the ZL has left the stable for good. Traded it in for a brand new Calloway 9 degree Diablo. It will be interesting to see how the Calloway driver works :eek:) It will be in the stable with my #1 R7 TP, #2 R9, & now rookie Calloway. I'm a club ho and can't help it. I need treatment :banghead:

We give away a lot more than TM here. Adams, Nike, Bridgestone, Cleveland, etc...

Wow, all the praise for the ZL and it is gone already. I had a feeling that would happen. I wont clog up this thread with it though.

TaylorMade for me. I am almost there now. It would be easy to go back to either the TM Z wedges or try out the new xFT when they are released.

I'd never play one OEM,but since that is the question-I have to pick Taylormade.

calloway or cobra

Re:One Company Only

I'd have to go with Cleveland. I love the cg7 bp's and the cg15 wedges. I hear good things about the rest of their clubs but I haven't hit with them yet.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I will say Ping. They have been around forever and still continue to inovate and produce high quality equipment.

Though I will never have just one brand in the bag I would say Taylormade. I love my Mizuno irons but their woods suck. Close second would be Cleveland.

Back