Driver head with hydo-dipped paint job - results of my first try at this

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
My first attempt at doing a hydro-dip paint job on a driver head

17342992_1903459889896301_6529976177593304596_n.jpg

17311080_1903459793229644_6088877882984257828_o.jpg

That looks pretty sweet man. I'm not sure I could play a driver head like that, too distracting! But it certainly looks cool. Nice work.

That is wicked! I'd be so worried about scuffing it and making it noticeable, but man that looks sweet.

Very unique and cool!

Looks pretty cool. How well does that process hold up over time?

Looks like Earth from space.

Cool... looks marblized.

What kind of paint did you use? I'm thinking of having my driver painted by a client that restores and paints high end cars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That looks pretty wild!

What kind of paint did you use? I'm thinking of having my driver painted by a client that restores and paints high end cars.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Just Rustoliem gloss paint. One purple and one white. You can do an on line search for how to hydro dip. It's so easy, even a caveman could do it

Last edited:
That will get you noticed no matter what. Clever idea!!

Looks pretty cool. How well does that process hold up over time?

I don't know how well it would hold up. I suppose it would depend on whether you use a head cover to keep it from banging into other clubs in your bag. Nevertheless, this was an old driver head that I won't ever be using again. I'll just use it as a paper weight on my desk

Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks super cool

Not my style, but you did a really good job there.

I forgot how small drivers used to be, looks like a 3w.

So spill it. Did you do the spray paint in a bucket of water, or use an actual hydrodipping film?

I would think the spray paint in a bucket of water based on how it looks.

I like it. Really busy as far as the pattern you got, but really looks cool.

Really really cool. Nice work.

That's pretty sweet. I sold an old Dunlop driver last year I could have tried that with. Great idea and conversation piece.

Interesting

You did a nice job on it. Do you clear coat it now or can you play as is?

I forgot how small drivers used to be, looks like a 3w.

Actually the head is an old NICKLAUS airBEAR #1 Driver head. The thing is so much heavier than the new driver heads. That's why I'm retiring it as a paper weight

You did a nice job on it. Do you clear coat it now or can you play as is?

If I were going to play it, I would definitely clear coat it, but I'll not be using to game with. It's a dinosaur and is going to be used as a paper weight

So spill it. Did you do the spray paint in a bucket of water, or use an actual hydrodipping film?

I would think the spray paint in a bucket of water based on how it looks.

I like it. Really busy as far as the pattern you got, but really looks cool.

I did the spray paint in a bucket of water. This was my first ever try. It's so easy even a caveman could do it.

That's pretty sweet. I sold an old Dunlop driver last year I could have tried that with. Great idea and conversation piece.

I was wondering whether or not a paint job like this one would add or subtract from the value of a club. I guess it depends on what the buyer likes

Back