Status
Not open for further replies.
2 choices:

Sell a putter....or 30

or

Marry a doctor

#choosewisely

I chose wisely long run, poorly short run. LOL

Now I am really pondering a completely custom shaft.

Pondering, lusting, dreaming, drooling, hoping...yeah....yeah...definitely.

2.0 Flatso for the Z3w

Some Chrome Soft or Super Soft in yellow for the Minnesota trip (having played neither, I should grab some and give them a shot before the trip)..... also potentially some rain pants.

Wedges! Lots o' wedges!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some Chrome Soft or Super Soft in yellow for the Minnesota trip (having played neither, I should grab some and give them a shot before the trip)..... also potentially some rain pants.
I played the Super Soft most of last season and really enjoyed it. Finally got a round in with the Chrome Soft and it more than delivered. Two very different types of balls, in my opinion. I have some extras of each. Let me know what you go with for the MN trip, and I'll bring a couple of sleeves of the other for you to try out.

Superstoke TX1 grips in blue for my new wedge shafts. trying to experiment with different grips a bit

Need to get some midsize MCs. Sharpo or Avon?

So far the Sharpo have been very good for the price.

Yea I agree. Mine have got a little slick/firm over time, but they spruce up with a good griping.

Threw the AMP cell in a bag over the weekend for my round with 441, and then used it again last night to practice on the course. Surprised by how well I am hitting it. Much better than I hit it when it was my gamer. I demo'd the FLY Z a few weeks back and really liked it. Makes me wonder if I should try that out or the Bio. Just want to find something that I can run with for a couple of seasons.

Threw the AMP cell in a bag over the weekend for my round with 441, and then used it again last night to practice on the course. Surprised by how well I am hitting it. Much better than I hit it when it was my gamer. I demo'd the FLY Z a few weeks back and really liked it. Makes me wonder if I should try that out or the Bio. Just want to find something that I can run with for a couple of seasons.

It's hard to argue against the Bio, given the price you can get those for. Cobra's stuff is incredibly underrated, IMO.

It's hard to argue against the Bio, given the price you can get those for. Cobra's stuff is incredibly underrated, IMO.

They are. And the Bio IMO was a big jump from the AMP cell. Not sure how big of a leap the FLY Z is from the Bio.

They are. And the Bio IMO was a big jump from the AMP cell. Not sure how big of a leap the FLY Z is from the Bio.

Massive leap from AC to BiO, which is crazy because the AC was a hell of a lot of fun.

To me, the Fly-Z screams BiO2.0...but I still want one.

Massive leap from AC to BiO, which is crazy because the AC was a hell of a lot of fun.

To me, the Fly-Z screams BiO2.0...but I still want one.

Its funny how we all see different things.
The Amp to Bio to me was a minor step in the overall scheme of things. Similar weight, similar adjustability. Small amount of less spin with the CG in a similar spot. The Fly Z is a larger jump to me as the CG got dropped lower, it launches higher and spins the same.

They need a major overhaul in something because none of them have sold at all, but Fly-Z+ offers that, but for some reason (sadly I know that answer) they are not selling at all.

They need a major overhaul in something because none of them have sold at all, but Fly-Z+ offers that, but for some reason (sadly I know that answer) they are not selling at all.

This is truth. But honestly, I just don't see how they can accomplish that, they've slipped into that afterthought area for many and I really do not get why at all because the performance is always there.

The Amp to Bio to me was a minor step in the overall scheme of things. Similar weight, similar adjustability. Small amount of less spin with the CG in a similar spot. The Fly Z is a larger jump to me as the CG got dropped lower, it launches higher and spins the same.

Do you think them not selling has anything to do with pro tour use? I always wondered actual tour use correlations with sales

I have tried AMSmith's amp cell last year and quite liked it, but somehow all their colors, looks and marketing in general turns me off a bit.

I am in their target demographic being in my 20s (for a few more days at least), but I just don't like looking at them.

They do need an overhaul. And I suspect that is coming. I thought the Bio seemed to prevent more ball speeds and lower spin than the AMP cell did in my limited testing. The Z+ model was one I was interested in, but after hitting the regular model and listening to TO, I kind of thought about going the more forgiving way.

The search for my next driver continues.

Do you think them not selling has anything to do with pro tour use? I always wondered actual tour use correlations with sales

It certainly does. Every major "Most Used On Tour" translates to most sold. But that is not the ultimate miss here.

They do need an overhaul. And I suspect that is coming. I thought the Bio seemed to prevent more ball speeds and lower spin than the AMP cell did in my limited testing. The Z+ model was one I was interested in, but after hitting the regular model and listening to TO, I kind of thought about going the more forgiving way.

The search for my next driver continues.

I think one is coming as well. You cannot just keep marketing the same thing and expect different results. While their footwear has doubled in market share from 2% to 4%, the driver sales have been stagnant and that is a shame, but it does come down to marketing and how its done.

Really considering throwing a 60* or 64* wedge back in the bag to mess around with. Rotex 2.0, me want.

You are welcome to take some time w/ my 60 in a couple weeks sir.

Of course. I have a couple different ones I can bring now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back