BOA vs Normal lacing?

PizzaBear

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Can anyone who's worn both give me a quick pro vs con for the 2 and would you pay the extra for BOA?

Thanks,
PB

BOA is great quick twist tighten and pop the cap and slip them off

More durable than shoe laces

Cons: if they're on the heel you can get flat tires when it gets knocked loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying that if given the choice when buying to stick to a shoe that had the boa system over the foot and not behind the heel?

exactly what oitw said. dorothy would hate these shoes. you click your heel on something and everything disengages.

i like the concept, but i always wanted to fuss with the tightening. tying laces, i almost never re-tie. but for some reason i'd click a little here, adjust a little there, with the boa.

Love the boa and never had an issue. Consistent pressure around the foot.

Ditto!!!

I am very pro lace. Not because I prefer them to Boa, but moreso I prefer to play with my shoes untied or tied very loosely a lot of the time.

So if it's on the tongue then it should be pretty good?

So if it's on the tongue then it should be pretty good?

I've had cleats with the BOA in both positions and prefer it on the tongue as well. Both are good and better than laces, but the BOA on top is best. I don't feel like the shoe is any more evenly tightened around my foot with the BOA on the heel so I don't see any upside to it in that position.

Thanks for the help guys :)

I have had BOA for so long that I could never go back to laces. Mainly because I have forgotten how to tie shoe laces.

nylon-coated steel laces are awesome

people might not know, but the BOA lacing system has a lifetime warranty

Love Boa, I will always go with it if possible. So pumped that Ecco has a Boa model now and really happy that Puma has expanded their Boa options.

I have a couple of pair of both and prefer the BOA more times than not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love Boa, I will always go with it if possible. So pumped that Ecco has a Boa model now and really happy that Puma has expanded their Boa options.

Puma's Disc system is different from BOA

This thread is encouraging. I ordered my first pair of golf shoes last night with the BOA lacing system. I can't wait to test them out!

I'm a huge fan of the BOA since getting the FreeStyles. The only downside is when you don't realize you unclicked it and they come loose.

Same here. The Ecco Cage Pro's will be my next shoes. If I ever wear shoes on the course again. :D

Same here. The Ecco Cage Pro's will be my next shoes. If I ever wear shoes on the course again. :D

Mine arrive tomorrow, probably playing 18 in them Saturday and possibly again Sunday.

I have pairs w/ laces and BOA. If I know I'm riding I won't wear my pair w/ BOA on the heel. Otherwise I like the technology quite a bit.

I prefer BOA. It's just easier flatout. Plus I feel like one of the hardest parts of keeping a shoe looking good is dirty laces. No issue with BOA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm 100% pro lace.But then again I work for a company who make shoe laces. Boa is a nice option.

Back