Titleist 913D2 Driver Review

Ive been working on my swing to hit this driver, still not ready for the golf course.

Today i had my driver set up at 10 degrees, carrying it 225 yds with 10-15 roll in the simulator. I was getting 15+ degree launch angles so i decided to "loft Down" to 8.5 (A1 setting).

Well, at 8.5 the results were dramatically better, my carry went up to 248 yds, one toping at 268yds with roll. The avg launch angle was 12 degrees, some of the hits were 15-16, others were 10-11. Avg 12.

I didnt have any more simulator time since i used the last 15 minutes of the practice session to see driver numbers.

I wonder what would i see if i loft even more down to 7.75 degrees... Hhmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone compare this driver to the Bio Cell? I have a chance to snag one of these pretty cheap.

Can anyone compare this driver to the Bio Cell? I have a chance to snag one of these pretty cheap.
Similar launch conditions to the Bio Cell, but less forgiving across the face. Stock for stock the Titleist probably has a higher quality shaft in it.
The adjustability is nicer on the Titleist but gives a smaller range of lofts.

Anyways, just my .02

This one is next on my experiment list, I'll see how it performs with the Phenom 70 in it.

This one is next on my experiment list, I'll see how it performs with the Phenom 70 in it.
I think you'll enjoy it. It's my gamer with the S+ 62 shaft. I find this driver maybe gives me just a few less yards than other options, but I am able to hit it much more consistently. I play it with an open face angle and it is very effective at minimizing the left miss for me - which is my nemesis.

I think you'll enjoy it. It's my gamer with the S+ 62 shaft. I find this driver maybe gives me just a few less yards than other options, but I am able to hit it much more consistently. I play it with an open face angle and it is very effective at minimizing the left miss for me - which is my nemesis.

Nemesis as well. I was thinking I'd set it up as the highest lift. Highest fade setting. I loved the 910 I used to game.

Nemesis as well. I was thinking I'd set it up as the highest lift. Highest fade setting. I loved the 910 I used to game.
Yep, mine is at highest fade, second highest loft. Great setting, sets up open and gives me confidence I won't smother it haha

This will be my gamer for next season baring some major unforeseen shake up in my bag.

I think this might be the best driver I've ever owned for my swing. I was just plastering it today, and with really solid accuracy to boot. A higher flight, but in these wet conditions, carry is king. Gonna take a hell of a lot to get this beauty out of my bag!

Put about 10-15 swings on my dad's today at the golf dome and I was absolutely crushing it. And actually, my dad and Rambler were as well. It felt good in my hands and fantastic at impact with the s+ 62.5 shaft in there. I've never been a fan of Titleist woods but I may have found something to change that. This will be in the lineup of things to hit when I go back to Club Champion for my driver fitting. Thouroughly impressed....

I think this might be the best driver I've ever owned for my swing. I was just plastering it today, and with really solid accuracy to boot. A higher flight, but in these wet conditions, carry is king. Gonna take a hell of a lot to get this beauty out of my bag!

The ease with which you use this club to rip it right down the center every damn time is fun to watch.

The 913 D2 is back in my bag after playing most of the year with the SLDR and the SLDR-S. Bottom line is that I just hit more fairways with this driver and my misses are closer and far less penal. I will no doubt demo the 915 version this year.

Put about 10-15 swings on my dad's today at the golf dome and I was absolutely crushing it. And actually, my dad and Rambler were as well. It felt good in my hands and fantastic at impact with the s+ 62.5 shaft in there. I've never been a fan of Titleist woods but I may have found something to change that. This will be in the lineup of things to hit when I go back to Club Champion for my driver fitting. Thouroughly impressed....
Titleist metalwoods caught me completely off guard last year with how good they are. I've always heard they don't stack up to the big boys and that they're more of an iron and wedge company, but I don't find that to be true.

Titleist metalwoods caught me completely off guard last year with how good they are. I've always heard they don't stack up to the big boys and that they're more of an iron and wedge company, but I don't find that to be true.

I don't think it's generally said they don't stack up as good clubs, they get a lot of play and a lot of love, prior to the 915 line the issue has been in the fairways and hybrids in terms of distance, the rest of the package is never really question. That has been addressed now. As for the drivers, they've always gotten a lot of love, the 910/913 are basically the same driver and are still being played a lot.

I don't think it's generally said they don't stack up as good clubs, they get a lot of play and a lot of love, prior to the 915 line the issue has been in the fairways and hybrids in terms of distance, the rest of the package is never really question. That has been addressed now. As for the drivers, they've always gotten a lot of love, the 910/913 are basically the same driver and are still being played a lot.
Reading on THP and other sites was honestly part of what got me to try them - JB's review of the 913D2 was a big part of my decision process. The problem was mainly the folks I used to play with in college and back east. There was this stigma that Titleist was for people who wanted to look like players, because the clubs weren't forgiving or long. That may have been the case at some point, but it's definitely far from the truth now!

And I do agree that the 915 series is a step up for sure in everything but maybe sound. If I had the money to blow, I'd probably be all over one.

Yeah I've always felt the Titleist woods felt like I was hitting the ball with a 2x4. Just couldn't get any sort of comfortable feel from them.

This driver was absolutely singing for me today. I hit it 12 times, hit the fairway 8 of those times, with 3 of the 4 misses being quite playable. Nothing but confidence with it right now, and I get really solid distance and forgiveness out of it. I know that with a little lower spin and launch, I could probably pick up a few more yards, but the way I'm hitting it right now I have no impetus to change. The 913D2 is still a winner in my book!

This driver was absolutely singing for me today. I hit it 12 times, hit the fairway 8 of those times, with 3 of the 4 misses being quite playable. Nothing but confidence with it right now, and I get really solid distance and forgiveness out of it. I know that with a little lower spin and launch, I could probably pick up a few more yards, but the way I'm hitting it right now I have no impetus to change. The 913D2 is still a winner in my book!
It was crazy. You are hitting that thing so well right now I wouldn't so much as change the grip or clean the face.

I think I'm gonna toy with setting this bad boy up at 12* with the Rogue Silver. Considering the one issue I have with the Silver is that sometimes it launches a hair too low, this setup could potentially be ridiculous if the lower spin is preserved with similar launch to the S+ at 10.5.

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna toy with setting this bad boy up at 12* with the Rogue Silver. Considering the one issue I have with the Silver is that sometimes it launches a hair too low, this setup could potentially be ridiculous if the lower spin is preserved with similar launch to the S+.
I approve this message.

I think I'm gonna toy with setting this bad boy up at 12* with the Rogue Silver. Considering the one issue I have with the Silver is that sometimes it launches a hair too low, this setup could potentially be ridiculous if the lower spin is preserved with similar launch to the S+ at 10.5.

I can't help but wonder if this is true with any of the recent drivers, a little tweaking to get the most you are capable of.

I can't help but wonder if this is true with any of the recent drivers, a little tweaking to get the most you are capable of.
The beauty of adjustability and interchangeable shafts. I don't think every head will work for every player, but on many of then I think most players can achieve solid numbers with some adjustment.

The beauty of adjustability and interchangeable shafts. I don't think every head will work for every player, but on many of then I think most players can achieve solid numbers with some adjustment.

True that! I do think head > shaft, based on my findings, but hope to settle that later this summer. Like what you're doing here, looking for realistic gains.

Even though I went through a driver fitting and came away with a 915 D2 and Rogue black 60, I enjoy the 913 D2 with the Rogue black better. I don't have the numbers, haven't hit on a monitor but the 913 just performs better for me. To be fair, the 913 is in 10.5 and the 915 is 9.5 but I don't think the one degree difference accounts for the different experiences.

Even though I went through a driver fitting and came away with a 915 D2 and Rogue black 60, I enjoy the 913 D2 with the Rogue black better. I don't have the numbers, haven't hit on a monitor but the 913 just performs better for me. To be fair, the 913 is in 10.5 and the 915 is 9.5 but I don't think the one degree difference accounts for the different experiences.

You might be surprised the difference a degree can make. But otherwise, yeah I'm with ya, the 913D2 is very good and the improvements to the 915D2 aren't massive. I haven't yet found a compelling reason to pay the premium, though the 915 is a great piece of gear for sure and I LOVE the look.

Back