emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
Watching the last few matches for today and enjoying seeing the guys grind to win a hole and strategize on each shot.

I would like to see at least another match play tour event not including Ryder or Presidents Cup. Maybe even make the PGA championship match play.

do you think there should be more match play? Should PGA or another major switch to match play?

I think having a major be match play is very intriguing.

I love match play, it's so fun watching these guys play with different strategies.

I like match play a lot. It's easier to watch for me. And just seems more fun.

If they did more match play the TV coverage needs to pick up more matches because today was awful. They really only showed a few groups all through out the afternoon, missed a lot of great matches.

I was thinking the same after the Patrick Reed vs Rory Mcllroy matchup last year. I think it brings out the best in some of the players because it creates a "mano y mano" environment instead of one man going against a full field.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a couple more in the schedule. It's a great change of pace.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would love to see a team event somehow. Maybe based on which college they attended or sponsorship.

I would love to see a team event somehow. Maybe based on which college they attended or sponsorship.

PGA/LPGA by sponsor. That would be really cool.

I think having a major be match play is very intriguing.

I remember reading the US and U.K. amateur championship were match play and considered majors. The 4 current I don't think ever were. The Open is the oldest and I don't want to see it changed. The Masters I like the way it is and the US Open is the national championship and do t want to have the anyone can win it chance taken away. PGA has the least prestige so maybe make it 5 days play stroke play for 2 days then top 32 or 16 move on to match play. Maybe do something like euro tour did with the super 6

Your wish is granted and I deem the Zurich this year a two person team event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see the player championship play in a match play format. 10 million on the line in head to head competition sounds like a lot of excitement to me.

Maybe just make the final few rounds of the fedex cup match play. That could be cool and we'd get a chance to see some upsets in the cup.

Maybe just make the final few rounds of the fedex cup match play. That could be cool and we'd get a chance to see some upsets in the cup.

would love to see them make a playoff system like this

would love to see them make a playoff system like this

Words are hard. That's what I meant. LOL. The fedex cup playoffs should be match play.

I remember reading the US and U.K. amateur championship were match play and considered majors. The 4 current I don't think ever were. The Open is the oldest and I don't want to see it changed. The Masters I like the way it is and the US Open is the national championship and do t want to have the anyone can win it chance taken away. PGA has the least prestige so maybe make it 5 days play stroke play for 2 days then top 32 or 16 move on to match play. Maybe do something like euro tour did with the super 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PGA championship was match play in the early years of the championship it switched to stroke play in 1958.

I like Match Play - I don't like the current WGC format, I liked the previous format better.

I think it would be awesome if the PGA was Match Play

Only play golf for 3 years now and last year was my 1st time playing match play. Played against one of the better players at my club and he kicked my ass. It also taught me a lot. Watching this event has made me so much more excited for this years match play at my club. I would love to see more of it. People always say golf needs something "new and exciting" and boy is match play ever exciting

The PGA championship was match play in the early years of the championship it switched to stroke play in 1958.

Yes and it was because players didn't like the format. In hindsight I think it's a terrible shame as matchplay is the game which we all associate with most.

Yes and it was because players didn't like the format. In hindsight I think it's a terrible shame as matchplay is the game which we all associate with most.
From what I see in the states, it's a lot if stroke play for ams. If wish it was more match play.

More match play would be fun. Maybe the PGA should return to match play as it was in the beginning!

But socially surely you play matchplay no?
I play match play. I play in a league and when THPERS get together, often there is match play involved. I had played match play once before I joined thp.

I play match play. I play in a league and when THPERS get together, often there is match play involved. I had played match play once before I joined thp.

Amazing!
Here it doesn't matter if you don't even know the person you're playing. You'll play 2 on 2 high low. Highest handicap with the lowest vs the other 2.
Sometimes if I'm not playing matchplay then I have a tendency to switch off.

Words are hard. That's what I meant. LOL. The fedex cup playoffs should be match play.
Good idea! Instead of a small 30 man stroke play for the FedEx Cup finale, make it a 32 man match play.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I like match play, but don't think it makes for great TV. Come the finals when there are only two matches going on it just seems slow. I enjoy this event as an off event, but don't really wish for anymore.

Tye Ryder cup is different because there are multiple matches of consequence going on at all times.

Back