Rant About Runners

That was well written and funny.

something funny to read on a Friday..thanks.

Just finished my 3 mile run in my saucony shoes. No crazy watch tho...

Both of my sisters ran the Long Island marathon, I think they'll get a kick out of this.

... so a marathon sounds like no fun at all. Hell of a challenge though, and I commend the people who are able to do it.
Any event (i.e., marathon) that makes me have to consider how to combat nipple chaffing (yah, it's a thing) is an event I'll avoid.

He forgot the worst part: the hashtags. Its like there's a requirement to make a daily social media post with 32 hashtags in it. Drives me bananas.

Hahahahahaha - love it! I'm surprised he didn't list bikers (on bicycles) in his rant. They are actually worse than runners because they feel they have the same rights on the road as motor-powered vehicles, and they are SO arrogant about it! Well I say, if you are on a bicycle and consider yourself equal to a car, then you should gladly accept a ticket for GOING TOO SLOW!!!

Any event (i.e., marathon) that makes me have to consider how to combat nipple chaffing (yah, it's a thing) is an event I'll avoid.

yes, it is a thing. a bad bad thing

Thank you.. that was glorious. I only wish he would have touched on the 26.2 vehicle window sticker. I hate window stickers....

The stickers are everywhere in my community and I find it humorous that people feel the need to put these on their car. IMO, it would be no different putting a golf sticker with your handicap on your car. I know several truly fast runner(sub 3:10 marathoners) and none of them would ever think of putting a 26.2 sticker on their car.

True story! I'm in Starbucks a few weeks back and a very fit and firm lady walks in. As she's in line, I notice she has 26.2 tattooed on her right calf!!! Then I notice she has a Nike swoosh tattooed on her right foot. So, she orders and comes over near me to wait. I turn and ask her, "Is the 26.2 tattoo in reference to a marathons?" She says, smiling so big, "Yes! It is!" I then inquire, "Have you run a bunch of them?" Thinking anyone with a tattoo obviously runs them frequently, professionally, whatever. She says, " No. I've only done ONE." Really?!?! You freaking tattoo your body with that and a swoosh and you've run only ONE?!?!?! I must've looked at her with a "you dumba**" look by the way she reacted to my expression...
One marathon and you tattoo your calf and foot?!

Funny article

I did the Warrior Dash once, in Kansas City...ya, no more desire to do that again. It was fun and all, it was nice (as a person who has Asthma) to break up the 5K run with obstacle's, so I could catch my breath....so there's that.

My wife wants to run a Half Marathon, she asked if I wanted to as well....NO, is the answer to that question.

As a runner myself, I thought it was kind of funny. The first time I saw one of the 0.0 stickers, I thought it was hilarious. I've done quite a few half marathons and would never get a 13.1 sticker for my car.

Pretty funny. But yea, the crossfitters are worse. If I have to hear another WOD or how many burpees you can do in a minute I may kick you in the nuts.:D

Pretty funny.

'...bandaids for the nips..."

This is the best thing I've read in a long time!

I do hate those people.
Them: "Oh I'm doing a 5k tomorrow and another one next weekend."
Me: "I don't care. Get away from me."

It's a fad. Just like people with vapors puffing smoke indoors and just like the people who does Crossfit and they HAVE to let you know about it. Ugghh...

I saw a 0.0 sticker on a car once. It was awesome.

I want that sticker... below the 0.0 it says "I don't run." This was hilarious...

The stickers are annoying, just like 90% of stickers on the back of cars. Nothing is worse than all of the salt life stickers spinoff. Well maybe the stick figure families

A bit unrelated but hilarious... regarding the 26.2 window stickers....

When it was all the rage for people to have bumper stickers that said "Proud Parent of a Cherokee Middle School Honor Student" my uncle decided to have one made for his truck that said "Proud Parent of Four SATOP Graduates"... SATOP being the court ordered classes you have to attend after getting your first DUI

It's a fad. Just like people with vapors puffing smoke indoors and just like the people who does Crossfit and they HAVE to let you know about it. Ugghh...

Are you sure that running is a fad? I mean, it has been done for approximately 6,000 years, at least.

Are you sure that running is a fad? I mean, it has been done for approximately 6,000 years, at least.

Not running. People running just to brag.
Just like those so called "Foodies". People eat. Fine! but I don't need to see a picture of your Kale salad with pan roasted pinenuts with drizzle of vinaigrette. The crap that YOU didn't even make. You paid $14 for that crap and you HAD to share it with the world... FAD!
I'm not an angry person... :act-up:

I didn't have time to read it all. I need to get an 8-miler in before lunch is over.

As a runner myself, I thought it was kind of funny. The first time I saw one of the 0.0 stickers, I thought it was hilarious. I've done quite a few half marathons and would never get a 13.1 sticker for my car.

13.1 stickers are a little funny to me. If that's the person's goal, though, I don't blame them.

I've never done more than 26.2. So I try not to brag around my triathlete friends.

Not running. People running just to brag.
Just like those so called "Foodies". People eat. Fine! but I don't need to see a picture of your Kale salad with pan roasted pinenuts with drizzle of vinaigrette. The crap that YOU didn't even make. You paid $14 for that crap and you HAD to share it with the world... FAD!
I'm not an angry person... :act-up:

Here's a philosophical question, if somebody posts a picture of their food on instagram, but you don't follow them, has it ever really been shared? Kind of like a tree falling in the woods.

Back