Do you put head covers back on after every shot?

Rock28

Reaction score
Handicap
I usually take my head cover off once, the first time I use the club that round and don't put it back on until we are finished. How about you?

Driver comes off and and stays off after first use. Everything else, including putter, immediately goes back on.

Headcovers go back on after every shot. I hate banging my driver and fw woods against my irons. Also, I'm usually walking so the best headcover storage is back on the club.

I put them back on.

Depends. If I'm in a cart, I take the driver head cover off and leave it off. Everything else though (including irons) gets put back on after every shot. If I'm walking, everything gets put back on after every shot ... so really, I only handle my driver head cover differently.

Yes and a double yes for the most of the iron covers. I don't need/want an iron/wedge putting a nick/scratch on any of my graphite shafts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will always replace the headcover after each shot.

Yes, 100% absolutely. I cringe when someone doesn't have a putter cover on especially. That's how you end up with all of those putters on ebay that look like they have been through a garbage disposal. I just don't get it.

I replace all my head covers after every shot.

Always put them back on after I use a club

Yes they are replaced after every shot

I only use a headcover on my driver and I do put it back after each use. I have an Ogio Silencer cart bag so none of my clubs touch one another or rattle around. My 2 fairway woods sit on either side of my driver so they are protected as well. I aslo don't use a headcover on my putter. A pristine putter has no character.

I never have a head cover on my driver...haven't used one since high school. Weird superstition of mine. On my 3 and 5 wood I put them back on after each shot.

My putter, 3w and hybrid go back on after every shot. My driver and iron covers are taken off before I play and are put back on after the round. I hate taking iron covers off and on during the round but I like the protection when clubs are in my truck or travelling.

99% of my rounds are riding. driver cover comes off on #1 and stays off until i hit the tee shot on #18. all other headcovers stay on.

I put them on after each shot, usually after a quick wipe down or at least cursory glance to make sure there isn't anything on there that should be.

I only use a headcover on my driver and I do put it back after each use. I have an Ogio Silencer cart bag so none of my clubs touch one another or rattle around. My 2 fairway woods sit on either side of my driver so they are protected as well. I aslo don't use a headcover on my putter. A pristine putter has no character.

Got a pic of your set up?

Mine go back on after every shot.

Depends. If I'm in a cart, I take the driver head cover off and leave it off. Everything else though (including irons) gets put back on after every shot. If I'm walking, everything gets put back on after every shot ... so really, I only handle my driver head cover differently.

This. Except I don't use iron covers.

I put them back on after every shot, I don't want to be responsible for scaring the head when I could have prevented it.

I have an Ogio Silencer cart bag so none of my clubs touch one another or rattle around.

How do you like this bag? I've considered it in the past but I've heard mixed feelings on it.

All covers go back on after every shot .... otherwise this happens to your clubhead!

Titleist_917_D3_2_zpsvemltbfw.jpg

Titleist_917_Fairway_2_zpsinlt9nl6.jpg

All the time yes

Yep, I walk so I either put it back on or lose it.

Cover goes on after every shot on every club ... otherwise this happens to your clubheads!

Titleist_917_Fairway_2_zpsinlt9nl6.jpg

Titleist_917_D3_2_zpsvemltbfw.jpg

Back