Ready for some golf

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
By this time last year I had already played several rounds of golf. Not so this year. So far it's been too snowy, too cold, too windy, or too wet. Nevertheless, tomorrow is indoor golf dome day to try to shake some of the rust off.

Who else hasn't been able to get out on the course this year?

Where do you live? I am in North Texas and have played about 8 times but 5 of those rounds were in 40 degree weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 rounds in so far this year in Central Ohio- If I wasn't stuck here at work could have played again today. This weekend is supposed to be nice temp wise, but 60 and 40% chances of rain on Sat/Sun. Going to try to get out this weekend if the rain comes at the right time though.

Where do you live? I am in North Texas and have played about 8 times but 5 of those rounds were in 40 degree weather.

I live about 20 miles North of Buffalo, NY and close to Lake Ontario.

Played in January once and three straight days over President's Day weekend which was 5 weeks ago.

Tomorrow should be fun. Expecting a soft course but 70 degrees... come one, can't beat it...

I live about 20 miles North of Buffalo, NY and close to Lake Ontario.

Brrrrrr!! I lived in upstate NY for 10 years but I wasn't into golf then. I would not have been able to play much anyway.

I am out at least another month (likely 6 weeks) thanks to a broken ankle. It seems like a year where the course will be open earlier than normal too. :banghead:

Once my home course opens, probably in about 2 weeks, it will be walkers only because the course will have soggy areas. You know what I'm talking about, those wet land areas where if you ball happens to plop in one, then it's good-bye ball. After the course dries out a bit more then the cart path only rule will go into effect. Then finally, if we get a dry spell, we will finally be able to use the carts once again.

I haven't played. The two worst courses up here are opening this weekend and I won't play either one.

Back in NY I often wouldn't play at all until the lead up to or soon after The Masters.

Here in NC, I've played over 20 times already this year and that's just in 2 months as all of January was lost to dental surgery, sinus/throat infections. First round of the year was 1/31.

I'm golf insane now, especially after joining a club. C'mon down!!! ?

I have not been outside yet this year. Lots of indoor sim rounds. First outdoor round looking like it will be April 1st.

Had 2 rounds in CA in January on vacation and have played 2 rounds at home in NE Ohio, both mud fests and one in 30+mph winds(no such thing as too windy assuming it is above 40 degrees). Playing 18 tomorrow and should have today but forgot to set my alarm. Looking like another round or 2 in the week and 36 the first day of handicap season.

No golf yet,mainly cause I have no clubs. The weather also has been a mess all snow for the first part, now non stop rainy. Hoping to get our in the next few weeks

Still have snow on the ground and have been experiencing colder than normal temps.

New Yorkers seem to be having a late start this year. Does the season normally start later in the spring or is this unusual? It has been a fairly cold winter here in South Dakota, but for the most part courses have been open since the beginning of March.

Last year in Ohio I was able to golf any day I wanted in March, not so much this year though looking like we have turned the corner finally.

I have played a few times this winter but it has been cold and wet. Luckily I always bring a flask of something to knock the chill off!

I'm surprised you haven't got out. We're in the same area and I've got 3 rounds in, walking of course. With the exception of the snow recently it's been a really mild winter.

Back