I just installed a new Fujikura Vista Tour in my driver

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
It was a brand new shaft on ebay from Diamondtour golf.

There isn't much info on it.

After installing it in in my driver and comparing it to the miyazaki jdl6, it is a lot different.

The jdl 6, will let you swing average, or get on it.

This shaft won't let you swing too easy . In the past all of my drivers shafts have ballooned. This one doesn't. It does have what some describe as a boardy feeling, but the results are good.

I haven't taken it to the range, yet. Just from hitting it out in my pasture, it looks like maybe 10 or 15 yards more than the jdl, but it should roll for a good distance.

Does anyone else have this shaft? It is different than the Vista Pro. The Pro is a high launching shaft, and the Tour is a low launch/ low spin.

If you want to try one they have a few more.

It's in a Cleveland Custom Classic Xl 9.0 degree.

My thoughts were that I needed lessons because my driver kept ballooning. Maybe I do, but this will help for now.

Jack

Is this the one from like 10 years ago?

Yes, the info I found showed it to be around 2004-2006 model?????

The jdl is a 64 gram???? shaft and this fuji is a 60 gram. The other day I started a thread about new drivers being too light.

My new combination feels a lot lighter, yet I can feel the club head now.

Can't wait to take it to the range and try it out to see.

JB,
Do you have any other info on this shaft?

Jack

Not much other than I played it. I played the 70 series anyway. Low launching shaft that was stout.

My personal belief is that I think technology in shafts has grown by leaps in bounds in the last decade. In just about every area including flags, materials, weight, etc. I have never found a shaft I could go back to that plays as well (with trial/fitting) as what is out now.

Just my personal opinion however. If it works for you, that is all that matters.

This is what I found on it. Looks to be a high bend and lowish launch and spin shaft. Depending on the flex you have it would be 67-68 grams. It looks to be lower launch and spin than the JDL. This may have a lower balance point as well which can make the head seem heavier. May be the reason you can feel the head better throughout the swing now.

flexlengthweighttip flexbutt flextorquetip odparallel tip lengthbutt odbend pointspinlaunch
r4666100903.5.3353.0.600hl/ml
s466795833.5.3353.0.600hl/ml
x466890763.5.3353.0.600hl/ml

Not sure why but the boxes are shifted. Just move all the data 1 column to the left. Lol.

I don't think I play well enough, or ever will to buy the latest technology. I thought about the black tie, but couldn't justify the price for an experiment to see if it worked.

I've got $40 in this, and it's a better combination than I will ever reach the limits of.

Buying new equipment for my game, is like putting $4000 rims and tires on a taxi cab.Lol

Thanks,
Jack

I don't think I play well enough, or ever will to buy the latest technology. I thought about the black tie, but couldn't justify the price for an experiment to see if it worked.

I've got $40 in this, and it's a better combination than I will ever reach the limits of.

Buying new equipment for my game, is like putting $4000 rims and tires on a taxi cab.Lol

Thanks,
Jack

Ill be honest here. If you are seeing and feeling the difference in shafts directly in terms of ball flight and feeling the head, then shaft technology matters. It does not have to be expensive to have newer technology in it. Its like saying one would not benefit from a 460 driver head or the use of graphite shafts period.

I know what you mean, there.

I always said " If I could break 80 a couple of times, I would buy some new irons fitted to me."

It may be that if I had some new irons that were fitted to me, I could score better and break 80.

Jack

Jack, I put a regular flex in my Heavenwood tipped .50" and it did not wow me at all. But Justhacking tried it and loved it, just pounded it.

I just went out and hit about 10 balls. My trajectory seems right to me. There were no balloon shots. You really can't tell much about the roll , yet.

We had 9 inches of rain, last weekend. 4 more inches expected this weekend. There is water everywhere.

I'll update results after playing or going to a real range.

Thanks,
Jack

Il

Jack, I put a regular flex in my Heavenwood tipped .50" and it did not wow me at all. But Justhacking tried it and loved it, just pounded it.

It's amazing what works great for one person, and doesn't work at all for another.

Jack

Why this is so much fun, always something new to try. Scores stay about the same but the bag gets to see different clubs.

Yes, Jim. That's one of the great things about the adjustable shaft drivers. You can change a shaft in 2 minutes. If you don't like it, change it back in another 2.

Jack

Not home to check, not sure if I have the Vista Tour or Vista Pro Fuji shafts. But I have one installed in a Exotics 4w and another in a 12° TM R5 I used from time to time. Very stable shafts, I always liked them.

Wmac,

I lowered my ball flight, and it seems more in control. The shaft I replaced was an X-stiff, as this one is, too. The new shaft feels more firm and stable.

Jack

Why this is so much fun, always something new to try. Scores stay about the same but the bag gets to see different clubs.

Since you mention new clubs, Jim. Pulled all the shafts and pushed them up 2 spots to play right at 38" iron. C trappers in all the blades 3-pw and I had some s+ pulls to throw in the wedges. Putting s300 in the 4-6 cb heads to interchange in and out of the bag. They look great, just throwing new grips in once the epoxy dries. Last thing to do is bend the 52 wedge to 54 and it's all set.

For some reason the pictures won't upload. I'll try again when I get on a pc

For some reason the pictures won't upload. I'll try again when I get on a pc

They are surprisingly easy to hit for blades, you should kill them with your swing speed.

They are surprisingly easy to hit for blades, you should kill them with your swing speed.

Finally got the pic to work. Ordered some Sharpro grips in Orange/Black to match the ferrules. Will probably remove the shaft labels and clean up the shafts a bit as well. They feel extremely well balanced and hoping to get them out to the range next week. Working a ton of overtime this week so no golf for me since I won't see daylight before or after I leave. The wife has given me the go ahead to practice after work leading up to the Bridgestone event so I will be taking advantage of that soon!

They look great man, glad they worked out for you.

Man, those do look good. What exact model are those?

Jack

Back