Any tips on why my head is ducking during takeaway.

Rgober1

Reaction score
Handicap
So my all time dream in my life has been to be a professional golfer, well after having two babies young I couldn't really follow that path. So I stopped for a bit after my college golf days, and have been working. However I want to enter tournaments and play competitively (Now to show my kiddos as well ;) . How is this different then high school? I know there are qualifying tournaments. Also, my head is swaying way to much on this down swing. i'm not sure why. Any tips how to keep it stationary? thanks in advance THP. Happy golfing!

Calling Dr. Tadashi!!!!

So, why do you think your head is swaying too much?

It seems like it sways to much when I take away. Like lower my head when I take away the club on the upswing. I have always been taught to make a square around the head. And make sure my head doesn't move away or out of that box. If that makes sense.

It seems like it sways to much when I take away. Like lower my head when I take away the club on the upswing. I have always been taught to make a square around the head. And make sure my head doesn't move away or out of that box. If that makes sense.
Do you strike the ball with your cranium? Are you seeing contact inconsistencies?

Do you strike the ball with your cranium? Are you seeing contact inconsistencies?

Bingo. Just getting back into it. But I know what my swing use to look like and it wasn't dipping like this. So that is why I am a little curious I try my hardest not to make it dip down. But it still does during my backswing. :banghead:

Also I wouldn't call it inconsistencies as to my draw comes natural so I aim 5ft right of the hole. I end up around 6 feet of the whole to the left. Just how my swing has always been. But now this dipping is making it inconsistent. As far as contact on the blade. Some higher some lower.

Last edited:

Your head is barely moving. Please don't look to it as a reason for any inconsistencies. You say you're just getting back into it after a long break. You're older, bigger and stronger. Your swing has changed and you just need to get used to the new normal.

That's the truth... Just finished up a second round today.... Not bad. Just need to get the short game back. I'll be good after a few more hours of practice of that. I need to work on my flexibility also. Any tips on that would be awesome as well! I feel I am trying to rotate my hips to much on the back swing.

Back