Indi Golf StingRay Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will be used for reviews and conversation on the new StingRay wedges from Indi Golf. You can read about the specs and such here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...if-there-were-no-rules-introducing-indi-golf/

62dd560f86451674f67394448712f530.jpg

a1377e69034a0e8a52b27e1eb7ea5b92.jpg

2000-3000 rpm of extra spin? That's just crazy. I think these would be fun to mess around with.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Going to be some fun stories with this one I think. Looking forward to it.

Gotta think these would tear up Urethane covered golf balls.

That's a lot of spin! Also not a huge fan of the full face grooves. Just the look of it doesn't do it for me. I guess if the performance was there I'd reconsider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im really looking forward to seeing the forum feedback on these. The price point is a little staggering, but they seem to be really fun with spin out of this world.

These would definitely be fun to play around with, throwing darts at greens. I don't think I'd spend over $100 for one, but I'm looking forward to the reviews.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This should be a fun follow

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Crazy looking face on this wedge. And creates 3000 more rpm from the rough, this should be a fun stick.
I bet there are a few that could pull off the Phil shot of the backwards chip.

This would be a fun wedge to play with especially with all of that spin. Not crazy about the full face grooves but hey, to each their own. Looking forward to the reviews.

Can't wait to hear the feedback about these, should be fun.

Would be fun to play around with these.

They would be fun to play with. I hope the reviews are as good as the expectations!!

I can't wait to try one of these things, I struggle to spin anything, let alone a wedge, so I'd be very curious to see how it performs for me.

I can't wait to try one of these things, I struggle to spin anything, let alone a wedge, so I'd be very curious to see how it performs for me.
Pretty sure you told me once that you just need to hit down on the ball.

~Rock

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I read the homepage article and after reading that I think these are non conforming correct?

That is correct.

So is it just a novelty to play with during practice? Or is it for people that do not play be the rules (dont mean that to sound butt holeish)
I guess my thing is if you play this, where does it stop, do you play non conforming ball, driver etc?

This sounds like a fun club! 3000 extra rpm and it looks good?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So is it just a novelty to play with during practice? Or is it for people that do not play be the rules (dont mean that to sound butt holeish)
I guess my thing is if you play this, where does it stop, do you play non conforming ball, driver etc?

There are millions of golfers that play just to have fun.
Its not about competition or a handicap, but to have fun and enjoy the game as they want to play it.
Could be stroke and distance for OB, could be a breakfast ball, mulligan, etc. This is just another example.
And honestly, they are fun as heck.

Its not about competition or a handicap, but to have fun and enjoy the game as they want to play it.
Could be stroke and distance for OB, could be a breakfast ball, mulligan, etc. This is just another example.

I think perhaps I worded things wrong, us hillbillies do that often lol.

Lets use RR for example, would people be allowed to use that club during those competitive rounds? Just curious.
And I agree when just out playing do what a person wants so they can enjoy the game.
Personally I enjoy playing by the rules, even though I think OB should change to a lateral penalty for pace of play reasons. But until it changes I will continue to play Stroke and distance and cuss the USGA under my breath eveytime I have to reload haha

I think perhaps I worded things wrong, us hillbillies do that often lol.

Lets use RR for example, would people be allowed to use that club during those competitive rounds? Just curious.
And I agree when just out playing do what a person wants so they can enjoy the game.
Personally I enjoy playing by the rules, even though I think OB should change to a lateral penalty for pace of play reasons. But until it changes I will continue to play Stroke and distance and cuss the USGA under my breath eveytime I have to reload haha

In this example, you would not be a candidate for the product. You follow the rules, compete and are using it for handicap reasons.
Truth is, few people actually do play completely by the rules, but that is neither here nor there.
But the reality of the entire thing is, that there are millions that don't care about any of that and just want to have fun.
This is a product that could do that for them.

Indi Golf StingRay Wedges

I can't wait to read reviews and forum interaction on this one. The laughs and excitement from you and Dean about these and what you were saying about spin on the greens more than peaked my interest to mess around with one these with my Nike rzn tours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

these really sound fun! I don't know if I would use them, but I know a ton of people that could benefit from them. However, these people don't spend a ton of money on golf equipment and likely wouldn't know about these.

so I think this could a great peice of gear for the right people, but I have my doubts about their business plan.

Back