jcurtis2010

Reaction score
Handicap
Looked around but couldn't find another thread so I figured I'd post. If there is one that I missed, feel free to redirect or delete the thread.

I currently play Ping i20 irons with the stock stiff CFS shafts. I got fitted for them 2 years ago, but for my fitting, there was no launch monitor, and it consisted of a guy looking at my swing and recommending a shaft. My game has improved lately and I've been thinking about looking at new shafts (Have some extra Christmas $$ left over) but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on how to go about getting fitted for new shafts for my current iron heads.

Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of fitters around. First thing I would say is enter the contest THP currently has for KBS, as it comes with a fitting and installation.
Are you coming to the THP Bridgestone Invitational in Pitt? The FlightScope will be out there and we can get you some solid baseline numbers and you can try your current clubs as well as some others.

Find a fitter who,uses the mizuno shaft optimizer. This will give them the data and recommend a shaft.

those are good shafts. what are you looking to achieve by gaming new shafts? are you dissatisfied with ball flight, dispersion, distance, feel?

Probably better off just selling and buying new irons from a money perspective.

Entered the contest already, but unfortunately I won't make the Bridgestone Invitational. We have an out of town wedding that week. Worst part is it's only 30 minutes from my parents house. Maybe next time!

There are a lot of fitters around. First thing I would say is enter the contest THP currently has for KBS, as it comes with a fitting and installation.
Are you coming to the THP Bridgestone Invitational in Pitt? The FlightScope will be out there and we can get you some solid baseline numbers and you can try your current clubs as well as some others.

Yea....I've thought of that too. Might end up going that route. Twins due in the fall so as long as I can come close to breaking even! :)

Probably better off just selling and buying new irons from a money perspective.

Don't mind the shafts at all, but my ball flight is extremely high. I hit some irons the other day that had KBS shafts in them and the ball flight was noticeably lower, and liked the overall feel. Guess I'm more curious as to whether there is a different shaft combination that would be better.

those are good shafts. what are you looking to achieve by gaming new shafts? are you dissatisfied with ball flight, dispersion, distance, feel?

are you losing distance, or playing in strong wind? otherwise, why are you concerned with a high flight? generally, high ball hitters have been some of the better players of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The course I play tends to get really windy moreso than not just based on where it is. I liked the feel and flight of the irons I hit with the KBS shafts in them. I guess I was just curious to see if number wise they were better for me if I went through a real fitting.

are you losing distance, or playing in strong wind? otherwise, why are you concerned with a high flight? generally, high ball hitters have been some of the better players of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The course I play tends to get really windy moreso than not just based on where it is. I liked the feel and flight of the irons I hit with the KBS shafts in them. I guess I was just curious to see if number wise they were better for me if I went through a real fitting.

there definitely could be a better combo out there for you. and while i ultimately agree with hawk that the value is better if you get fitted for new clubs and try to recoup some cost by selling your current clubs, i have been told by ping reps that their cfs shafts play a lot like kbs. could be complete bs, but that's what he told me. kbs obviously has different offerings like the c-tapers that will bring your flight down. good luck!

Back