What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot an 89 in my first scored round of the year

just thp while at work today for me

Played in a scramble (finished third, -10); hit the range, putting green, and bunker this afternoon. Not going to swing a club until Memorial Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf items for 3 lucky and amazing THPers, shipped them out to these gentlemen. Picked up a sleeve of Hopkins sl pro golf balls to try. And 2 buckets at the range and short game practice session with my son

Ran a golf tournament. Tournament days are hectic leading up to them, a relief once they head out to the course, about 2 hours of relaxing, and then checking to see how they are turning to see how how long I have to keep the tee sheet closed, and then everyone coming in at about the same time.

Long days. I got there at 8 and got home after 9 for a 1:00 tournament.

Played 18 with Amanda after some range time before hand. It was a beautiful day and had so much fun playing with my best friend. She got her first par on a big course and played great. Needs some practice on putting, but don't we all?

590b8cb3c423709b99a5e668c07aa551.jpg

3f2899cc932f4eb48b33d5dfedf6d9f0.jpg

8a587a7bc5fb196e1e8d165c73bb973a.jpg

4ed4db994a7146188055c7740001df14.jpg

58a1f3d3fbea9ae2cf85b526f21a3a80.jpg

Had to grab a picture after she sank her first par putt. She almost made the birdie putt!

ac3daca4307f03346a968f4f727de4c0.jpg

Played 18 holes, 9 at one course with a friend and his wife and then 9 at my home course white another buddy. That and THP for the first time this weekend.

*face palm*

had my fitter prep some new shafts for me on thursday of last week, and put them in play on saturday. after about the 14th hole of the first 18, i started hearing a little *click* in my backswing with the driver, and when i would lean on the shaft after hitting my shot i'd hear the *click* again. into my next 18, i could hear the shaft rattling around in the head, and when i would gingerly try to rotate the shaft it was moving around in (what i thought was) the adapter. so i put the driver away and finished the round with 3w off the tee. i went back to my fitter today to ask them to fix it. they didn't tighten the screw in the adjustable head (presumably to let the glue set first), and my dumba$$ didn't bother to try that first. in the infamous words of roberto de vicenzo, "what a stupid i am!"

Purchased the Mini 1.5 and my brass shims arrived today.

Lucky enough to have some free time so I got in my first nine of the season. Fired a two over 37. The range time has been working. Now, i just need some more playing time to get the short game into shape.

Walked 27 and since I have been struggling with my putting I made a slight adjustment in my stance and it paid off greatly. Had several pars and made my first birdie of the season. Plus finished the last nine with no 3 putts!

Tried to convince my wife to approve new clubs that I don't need.

Managed to sneak away from work a little early and get in a cheeky 9 before darkness set in, gosh I miss summer !

hit a large bucket of balls on the driving range during lunch today. It was hot (87°) and muggy. I was worn out by the time I made it through the bucket, but it felt great to be out there. Planning on playing 18 on Wednesday afternoon/evening.

Took the little one out and let her run around the course and drop some balls in the holes while on the green. Starting em' early...

8f4256ccc0e2491c710a7b3e6fdba577.jpg

Last edited:
Regripped a few clubs for a friend; and put my "O'Carroll" grips back on my wedges and fairway wood. They are undersized, and I'm looking for a little different feel​.

Small bucket at the driving range. Working on keeping width in my backswing. I wish it was easier!

Picked up a cobra FlyZ driver that I won at a scramble. Wrong stiffness shaft tho.

Hit the range, worked on the short game. Picked up a black polo, reliazed I did not have one. Also bought a Copper fit for my back which I may use for golfing

Glued an adapter on a shaft last night for a little driver experiment. Showdown is looming.

Blew off work this afternoon to play 18. It went terribly.

Was hoping to play men's league tonight but we got rained out. I'll hopefully get 9 holes in tomorrow night

Played 18, the ball went right a lot, and I hit the first true shank that Ive hit in a year or so but managed to not lose any balls.

Just cleaned the sticks tonight

171b3c697a58fbf021adce0771574aba.jpg

e1ae788b15e01b1f18a7633b39404dd4.jpg

Took out the driver for Thursdays practice 9 holes interested to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back