First DMV Outing of 2017 at Compass Pointe April 30th!!

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Alright everyone, it's been a long, not so snowy and cold winter, but with Masters Week just 1 week away it's time for our first local get together. I'm offering to host it at my course at a very special rate, and have also reached out to a friend who is the local rep for GolfBoard. He'll be on site before hand giving a demo to our GM and myself, and as time permits, allowing anyone in the outing to take it for a short spin. Waivers will be required to be signed but they are really easy to ride. If this big lug can do it during a crowded PGA Show without any casualties, just about anyone can.

Also as he is a member of a couple other golf forums and leagues, he will be inviting people from those forums and leagues as well. It's meant as a very fun social day, since it's the first outing for many of us, but once we get an idea of attendees, we're not opposed to setting up a friendly competition if everyone wants, or we'll just keep it fun and casual....Either way wins!!

Place: Compass Pointe Golf Course (Pasadena, MD) North/East Course https://www.compasspointegolf.com/

Date: Sunday April 30th, 2017

Time: Tee Times starting at 11:00

Price: $49 per player, range balls included. (Normal Weekend rate $68 plus $7 small bucket)

Cutoff date: Trying to stick with April 21st as much as possible, but will certainly do everything I can to accommodate last minute additions. It's all about getting as many of us together as possible and having fun!!

Post in here, if you're able to make it!!

GolfBoard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VuKK5sbQo&feature=youtu.be

Updated pairings as of 4/29

FORMAT INFO:

GolfBoard Demo will begin shortly after 10:00 AM, please keep your demo's brief so everyone has time, and don't be late for your tee time!!

Format for Sunday: A fun day of golf meeting new golfers. Nothing serious - unless you want to get into the optional prize pools. :)

Optional Format: Individual Stroke Play. Play it down (unless otherwise instructed). Max score is 10.

Optional Prize Pools ($5 each - can pick n choose):
- individual low gross
- individual low net (with verified handicap)
- individual skins (gross - par or better to win)

Payouts depend on the number of players who enter. Winner take all. See CAA or EAGLE ahead of time to put in your $.

11:00
WRX
WRX
WRX
WRX

11:10
MdGolfHacker
JCurtis2010
DCGolfTour
DCGolfTour

11:20
DCGolfTour
DCGolfTour
Kent3Putt
WRX

11:30
BigBall
UVAWahoo
PJLeduc
G$$$

11:40
WRX
WRX
WRX
WRX

11:50
DCGolfTour
DCGolfTour
CAA Beat
Pingman33

12:00
DCGolfTour
DCGolfTour
GolfinNut
T2GRN18

Last edited:
Put me down as a maybe. Thanks for getting it started Rob!

Put me down for a strong maybe leaning towards yes! Thanks for putting this together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Buffalo debacle the next weekend and if that wasn't the case I would be a YES!
Yeah..That does look like a great time. But if DJ can play the Shell the week before The Master's you can play Compass the week before Buffalo :D

I checked and the calendar is clear, so I am in.

I'm a maybe. I have the partial okay but as everyone knows, I have no car =)

I need to check a couple things first so I'm a potential maybe

As of now I'm a maybe. Will know more as it gets closer

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah..That does look like a great time. But if DJ can play the Shell the week before The Master's you can play Compass the week before Buffalo :D

uh...Rob...DJ dropped out of the Shell this week,,,,

uh...Rob...DJ dropped out of the Shell this week,,,,

Well that was very smart on his part, as physically taxing as the WGC was to not get a week off before the Masters would have been tough. That said, Crest4 is young enough, he can handle back to back weekends :)

I don't know if I trust this Rob guy...But I'm willing to take a chance��

I don't know if I trust this Rob guy...But I'm willing to take a chance��
Yeah. A lot to be said for that. Lol. Glad you're throwing caution to the wind.

My son will likely be a week old on the 30th, so I'm going to have to miss this one. I will play with DMV'RS at some point this year. That's a guarantee...

My son will likely be a week old on the 30th, so I'm going to have to miss this one. I will play with DMV'RS at some point this year. That's a guarantee...

That's plenty old enough to get him started..bring him out!

Hope I can make it - put me down as a strong maybe.

Thanks for taking the lead here Rob

Hope I can make it - put me down as a strong maybe.

Thanks for taking the lead here Rob

You got it!! Hope you can make it!!

Congrats! More outings will be had.

Maybe I've skimmed...but I don't think I've seen you commit or decline yet?

I've been vacillating.

Actually I'm a firm decline. I'll be watching this that weekend:
761a3472259540b6dd658e6b7ea193dc.jpg

9ffbaebfa8449b6810b7a0cbfeee47de.jpg

I've been vacillating.

Actually I'm a firm decline. I'll be watching this that weekend:
761a3472259540b6dd658e6b7ea193dc.jpg

9ffbaebfa8449b6810b7a0cbfeee47de.jpg
I hope that's your daughter, or we made need to alert the authorities :D

Back