Tom Brady Suspended Four Games

CAA_Beat

Reaction score
Handicap
Breaking from ESPN. Also Pats docked a 1st round pick in 2016 a 4th rounder in 17 and fined $1,000,000

I have to think this is more for the lying and coverup versus the actual act.

I didn't see this coming. Maybe a game.

I won't be shedding any tears for any of them.

Wow, wasn't expecting that. That is interesting. I'm sure he appeals it though.

Brady appeals it down to 2-3 games, no biggie when 9 wins can get you the wildcard

Loss of a 1st round pick is a biggie though

No way this lasts 4 games.

I bet they knock it down to 2 games which I'm ok with since Buffalo plays them week 2

Yeah. I expect this to get appealed and reduced. Initial penalties are more for effect, IMO.

I hope the Patriots beat the Colts by 50 this year, and I am not a Pats fan.

only thing that surprises me is nothing for Belichick. Not that I think he deserved it, but interested to hear the spin on how it differs from Bountygate from a responsibility standpoint. And I sincerely doubt this gets reduced on appeal.

asterisk-545x5454.png
to their Super Bowl victory? Eh, probably not.

Brady appeals it down to 2-3 games, no biggie when 9 wins can get you the wildcard

That was the first thing the local ESPN station thought would happen. But they also think Goodell will say the time to bargain or ask for less punishment was when we first approached you, not after the investigation reveals you were less than forthcoming.

They think he would be crucified if he reduces it after not reducing the Sean Peyton or Gregg Williams suspensions.

I hope the Patriots beat the Colts by 50 this year, and I am not a Pats fan.
This reminds of 2007 when a very motivated Pats team ran up the score in a few games.

I think this is going to be a very motivated Pats team and Belicheck will use this to his advantage.

Draft picks are a little over the top IMO. Money and suspension I can almost see. and I'm guessing the appeal will possibly reduce the suspension of games.

A funny post from my buddy (who writes for Arizona Daily Star)

"Tom Brady, culpable in deflating footballs, four-game suspension.
Ray Rice, culpable in punching his wife unconscious, two-game suspension.
If that's not a lesson about punching a football in the face, I don't know what is."

My guess of no games and a fine between Tomlin's and Bellichick's was way off.

Draft picks don't matter to the Patriots. They draft well no matter what round. Money doesn't matter to them either. Like JB said, this won't last 4 games. 2 at best.

I bet he appeals and gets it

No biggie he will appeal as he should.

Good.

Next time, don't lie when you get caught. Simple enough.

Assuming the suspension is ultimately reduced a bit this seems just about right to me. Brady gets a relative slap on the wrist and the Pats get an escalated penalty, since they obviously haven't changed their culture post Spy-Gate.

I expected more games, but the 4 will be reduced down. The draft picks are a head scratcher

I expected more games, but the 4 will be reduced down. The draft picks are a head scratcher
On the picks maybe as others have mentioned. More of a punishment for the organization having a blatant spdisregad for the leagues investigation and past sins (spygate)

I'm sure his suspension will be appealed down to two games. I think the suspension, fine and loss of draft picks are an appropriate punishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy Garoppolo must be really excited. He'll have a few games to show flashes of brilliance before signing a ludicrous contract to be awful with another team.

Back