Would you mind taking a look?

Nice work on the swing...too bad you didn't do any work finishing the basement! LOL!!
If I finish it, then my family will want to use it and I'll lose my golf space...

Face on, and down the line.

@Jman here is a video of my putting as you asked. Any tips or help are greatly appreciated.

What is your typical miss? Are you a low side miss, short miss or what? It looks like your guiding the putter with you right hand

What is your typical miss? Are you a low side miss, short miss or what? It looks like your guiding the putter with you right hand

Short and low are my typical misses.

Short and low are my typical misses.
Tells me your speed is off. That may be a result of putting at the hole instead of through the hole. the hit in your stroke comes from your right hand. The hands should work together more than just right hand. If the back of the left and palm of your right work togther I think you'll find that you me more putts. The hands are acting as one. The left leads down the line and the right adds that speed.

Tells me your speed is off. That may be a result of putting at the hole instead of through the hole. the hit in your stroke comes from your right hand. The hands should work together more than just right hand. If the back of the left and palm of your right work togther I think you'll find that you me more putts. The hands are acting as one. The left leads down the line and the right adds that speed.

I'm very right-hand dominant, so that doesn't surprise me. Are there any drills that can help me with this, or just focusing on it when I practice?

I'm very right-hand dominant, so that doesn't surprise me. Are there any drills that can help me with this, or just focusing on it when I practice?
Place a tee 18" behind the hole. That will be your new target. Thus help you putt through the hole and stop leaving putts shorts. It will also make you read the greens better.

Also try rolling the ball with one hand. Start with the left and them the right. The goal is to roll it along the intended line with one arm. After a few rolls with each arm, use both arms. keep your grip light and use the he motion you used with the singal arm stroke. Back of the left and the palm of the right.

Freddie,

I've been having some issues with my driver lately. I went to the range to work on some things and feel I figured some things out, but I did get some video of 2 swings, 1 where things went perfect from a ball flight perspective, and 1 where things went very poorly and was an example of my recent struggles. Looking at the two swings, I can't really see what's different from 1 to the other, so I was hoping you could take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong in the second one. Also, any comments on things I could do better in the "good" swing would be appreciated as well.

Thanks Freddie (and anyone else)

A slight loss in spine angle on the second swing because of a deeper take away. You swing is way too long and wasting a lot of energy. When we get long with the swings we make everything about timing. When you get the swing nice and tight, it is all about the uncoiling of the body.

I would like to see you of course maintain spine angle. But I also want to see you fold the right arm earlier on the back swing. The right arms needs to start folding into a 90* angle once the club passes you right knee. You have it straight far too long and it making you flat and long in the back swing.

A slight loss in spine angle on the second swing because of a deeper take away. You swing is way too long and wasting a lot of energy. When we get long with the swings we make everything about timing. When you get the swing nice and tight, it is all about the uncoiling of the body.

I would like to see you of course maintain spine angle. But I also want to see you fold the right arm earlier on the back swing. The right arms needs to start folding into a 90* angle once the club passes you right knee. You have it straight far too long and it making you flat and long in the back swing.
Thanks so much for the feedback, Mr. Kong. I'll get working on shortening the swing. Should I try to keep the right elbow tucked when it goes to 90*, or is some separation between the elbow and body OK? Do you have any down range videos of your swing so I can visualize what it should look like?

It's been awhile since I've posted some videos for feedback, and with the grandaddy coming up I was hoping I could get some feedback and tips to work on over the next 4 weeks, especially once I get driven off the course by the cold.

Driver

7 Iron

Looking good Ryan. I love that tempo.

cdadebc2ddb7cf6a445d002141dccf17.jpg

Good setup and good back swing. You're over the top on the down swing and starting with the upper body. Try to get that hip moving first as it pulls back from the ball. This should allow you to shallow out and get you swinging to the outside of your target line. You are crossing the line at the bottom and that is what causes that weak right I saw with the 7 iron.

cdadebc2ddb7cf6a445d002141dccf17.jpg

Good setup and good back swing. You're over the top on the down swing and starting with the upper body. Try to get that hip moving first as it pulls back from the ball. This should allow you to shallow out and get you swinging to the outside of your target line. You are crossing the line at the bottom and that is what causes that weak right I saw with the 7 iron.
I'll keep working on the hip starting the swing, though a bit discouraging because that's what I've been trying to do but apparently that isn't working. Thanks for taking a look even while you're on retreat. Appreciate it immensely, Freddie.

I'll keep working on the hip starting the swing, though a bit discouraging because that's what I've been trying to do but apparently that isn't working. Thanks for taking a look even while you're on retreat. Appreciate it immensely, Freddie.

Keep doing what you are doing with the hip. I'd like to see you tuck that right elbow a bit more on the back swing. This will shorten the back swing and allow the club to catch up and remain out in front. I looked closer and you are using the hips well. But the swing path is inconsistent so tucking or keeping the right elbow closer on the back swing will help.

Keep doing what you are doing with the hip. I'd like to see you tuck that right elbow a bit more on the back swing. This will shorten the back swing and allow the club to catch up and remain out in front. I looked closer and you are using the hips well. But the swing path is inconsistent so tucking or keeping the right elbow closer on the back swing will help.
I was thinking my back swing has gotten a lot longer than where it was and where it should be, so I'll work on shortening that and tucking the elbow better. Once again, thank you so much for the help, especially with what you've got going on this weekend.

Back