• Phil Mickelson

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • Steve Stricker

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Sergio Garcia

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Luke Donald

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Its Funny That Someone Thinks One Of These Guys Will Win One.

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
I am one of the two probably not so smart guys that picked Donald. For some reason, I feel him at the Open Championship this year.

Phil is the only with a shot...

Tiger - Mentally not there
Stricker - Maybe on the senior tour
Luke - had a good run
Sergio - laughable

I went wiith none of the above. What's also funny is, ten years ago I would have bet a decent amount of money that both Sergio and Donald would have majors by now.

another interesting one to have added would have been Lee Westeood. I put him in the Sergio/Donald category.

For some reason I'm just guessing Lefty.

Tiger, call it a hunch.

Phil. Either Chambers or St. Andrews. Then Sergio at TOC. Then Stricker at PGA.

I picked Phil. He has some astonishingly good golf in him still. I think it all comes together for him soon.

Comes down to Tiger or Phil. Sergio is this generation's Colin Montgimerie. Stricker is aging fast and doesn't play many events. Luke.....I thought he'd have one by now, but seems to be digressing much like Duval did after reaching #1.

Almost have to go with Phil based in recent track record, though I think age and health are a clock striking near midnight for him. Maybe a 2 year window for Phil?!?! Then he's done.

What's the chance that none of them win a major going forward?

Of this list, I think Tiger. Sergio doesn't seem to have the moxie to get thru a major. The others are competitive, but no shot.
"I will go with Funny for the win, Wink."

I want to say Tiger because come on he is Tiger Woods after all. Its hard for me to make an argument for the guys on this list though. Right of the back I don't think Sergio will ever get his major. It has nothing to do with his game, I just don't think it is meant to be. The same can be said for Steve Stricker and Luke Donald.

Which leaves me with Tiger and Phil. Of the two I would have to give the edge to Phil because he has won one recently, yes I am aware it was two years ago. But I don't think that Phil's game is anywhere near where Tiger's game is at right now. I have seen Tiger struggle with something different multiple times. Both are struggling and I get that but as a fan I want Tiger to win.

That being said because we were given an option of "no one on the list", I'd have to say that I don't see anyone on this list winning a major from here on out. I hope I am wrong though.

Back