2017 THP Call Outs Rules and Regulations

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Before Making a THP Call Out, Read This in Full

Back again for 2017 is the fun program we launched last year called the THP Call Out. Its all about getting people out on the course and meeting local THPers. The THP Call Out is all about fun and bringing the fun on the course to the community here.

If you want to call someone out, just start a new thread in the Golf Courses, Course Reviews, THP Events & Local Outings section of the forum. Tell them you want to take them on and give the tale of the tape. Make it reasonable for people that are local.

image1-L-S.jpg

Winners Prize
Should you win, you will receive some of the Wilson Staff Duo Urethane golf balls with the iconic THP Logo and the hashtag for this program on it. These are incredibly limited and will ONLY be available by winning a THP Call Out during this season. To claim your trophy, you will send a PM to GolferGal with your full name, shipping address and link to your Call Out Thread included.

Some General Rules
Thread should be started no more than 3 weeks away from match taking place.
THP Call Outs should consist of 1 on 1 match.
Tale of the tape must be included in the 1st post (let people know about the match).
The hashtag for the call outs is #THPCallOuts.
Live Updates from both participants during the match are required for the trophy to be awarded.

The Goals
The goal of a program like this is to inspire people to get together with THPers that are in your area that you might know, or that you might not know. While we love to see local gatherings and get togethers setup, that is a separate thing and should be treated as such. You might find someone that you have not met or played with before, but lives in the same state. Talk to them and set something up and then start the THP Call Out thread with the details to bring the excitement at the appropriate time.

Why The Limits
Limiting the time in advance that they are posted does two things. First it does not allow a subject/match to get stale or lost or turn into just banter. The second thing it does is keeps it in the spotlight since there wont be dozens of them going on at the same time.

Limiting it to 1 on 1 opens up the chances a bit more for newcomers to feel welcome rather than all of the sudden it turning into a local gathering where months of planning are needed. Its amazing when looking through all of the forum from the computer how many people have THPers right in their backyard and might never know it.

Misc
There are a limited amount of these special trophy golf balls, winners will be receiving a sleeve and THPers will be limited to receiving prizes for 2 THP Call Out victories a season.
Make sure your counterpart is updating as well, so that the THP Call Out is official.
When the stock of trophy balls runs out, THP Call Outs can continue, but will be prize free.
Take the opportunity to get out with someone new in your area.

Updating
Updating is key to bringing the THP Call Out to the forum. Failure to update hole by hole and have both participants update the match, include pictures, etc will result in the THP Call Out being null and void. Take this into consideration when putting one together. Make sure both participants are capable and willing to updating during play.

How To Get Involved
To be a part of 2017 THP Call Outs, both participants must be a member of the 2017 Albatross Club. It is your key to unlock this and many other programs on THP. If you are not a member, and want information on how to join and help support a wonderful charity helping children, click here.

Good luck everybody, we are excited about 2017 THP Call Out Season.

this was a lot of fun last year, glad to see it is back!

My first call out is going to be rollin. :D

Interesting to consider coming up @The_Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to be a fun year for the call outs!

Nice to see these return. Now ... whom do I call out?? :thinking:

Thank you for including both people have to post and participate.

This should be a fun season with these.

Good luck guys.

Callouts are a blast fun to participate in and great way to watch 2 players duke it out. Looking forward to another year.

Sounds like fun.....open to call outs here in Northern Illinois as long as I have a good heads up and its not a Monday. Just PM if interested.

Interesting to consider coming up @The_Dude

Looks like you've got some work to do. I need to brush up on my live updating.

Before Making a THP Call Out

Some General Rules
Thread should be started no more than 3 weeks away from match taking place.
THP Call Outs should consist of 1 on 1 match.
Tale of the tape must be included in the 1st post (let people know about the match).
The hashtag for the call outs is #THPCallOuts.
Live Updates from both participants during the match are required for the trophy to be awarded.

Why The Limits
Limiting the time in advance that they are posted does two things. First it does not allow a subject/match to get stale or lost or turn into just banter. The second thing it does is keeps it in the spotlight since there wont be dozens of them going on at the same time.

Updating
Updating is key to bringing the THP Call Out to the forum. Failure to update hole by hole and have both participants update the match, include pictures, etc will result in the THP Call Out being null and void. Take this into consideration when putting one together. Make sure both participants are capable and willing to updating during play.

Good luck everybody, we are excited about 2017 THP Call Out Season.

JB would you happen to know of a good model thread to use as a guideline?

The Goals
The goal of a program like this is to inspire people to get together with THPers that are in your area that you might know, or that you might not know. While we love to see local gatherings and get togethers setup, that is a separate thing and should be treated as such. You might find someone that you have not met or played with before, but lives in the same state. Talk to them and set something up and then start the THP Call Out thread with the details to bring the excitement at the appropriate time.

Just to clarify (See bolded), no individual callouts at unofficial outings/local gatherings?

Hmmmmmm.......I need to find a call out...

RTParty get ready, we are doing this soon.

Just to clarify (See bolded), no individual callouts at unofficial outings/local gatherings?

that's not what I'm readign from that, hopefully JB or some other staff member can chyme in.

in the mean time, you are not off the hook for may

My first call out is going to be rollin. :D

how funny would it be if you beat him because your short game is better. I'm sure we'll see a 12 pages post about long game being the be all end all of scoring

I can't wait to see these kick off soon, they're a blast to follow. Maybe I can make one work this year, it'll consist of a little traveling to make it happen.

Have to try to get some of the local THPers in on this this year. Just couldn't make it work last year.

Awesome, these will be a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully I can get a callout in this year.

The callouts were fun to follow last year. Glad to see these are returning for 2017.

Thats exactly how I read it. Call each other out not problem, but it's not really aligned with the goals of this campaign.

Back