The Masters - Who is Going?

MSB256

Reaction score
Handicap
Are any THPers going to the Masters this year? If so, which day(s)? I know there was a thread about someone planning their trip, but wanted to start a thread for anyone going and those who have gone to share tips and pointers. I have tickets for Tuesday.

I'll be there Tuesday. Flying into Atl monday, stopping to see MillerTime on the way to Augusta. Practice round Tuesday and home Wednesday.

Sigh... not me....

There will be a lot of jealous browsing through this thread from me!

Have a great time!

I wish. Hopefully get selected in the lottery next year.

For the 31st time in my life I will be not going to the Masters. The streak continues. I will win that damn lottery one day.

Not going this year. Have been there twice. It depends what you want to do. I enjoy walking the course from 1-18. You will be amazed by how much change in elevation there is. TV cannot capture that. Plus, even though the holes are familiar through seeing them on TV, it is just different being there. There will be a big crowd around Amen Corner, especially behind the tee at 12. 16 gets crowded also but you will want to go there not only to see the hole but to see the players skip balls across the pond onto the green. Take pictures as cameras are allowed during practice rounds. Also, enjoy a pimento cheese sandwich (if it the only time you would ever eat one) and other concessions. The prices (how little they charge) will shock you. Plus, save some time and have your credit card ready for some shopping. Have a great time!

Not this year, but hopefully next year I'm living in the Augusta area, so we'll see what happens.

I wish!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm sad to hear the prediction that the azaleas will have already bloomed and possibly be done by Masters week due to the warm winter temps combined with their recent freeze. We'll see how good that Augusta greens staff really is at timing their azaleas.

I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lucked into access for tickets for Tuesday. My dad, brother, wife and I are going just for the day. It's been like 14 years for me, so I'm excited to get to go back.

Not this year. Have a great time and I went to the gift shop late in the day and had way less wait time in line than earlier in the day. And combine the pimento cheese with the chicken biscuit it is great.

I wish I was, but between work and school just not an option. I will make it at least one year.

For the 31st time in my life I will be not going to the Masters. The streak continues. I will win that damn lottery one day.

I'm on year 5 in a row. Luckily my cousin got 4 practice tickets in 2014 which was my first and only time attending. Hoping to get that lottery next year!! ...well technically in June I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I was going!

So much fun!
I hope to hit the lottery next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have applied for tickets for the last 8 years or so. My neighbor/friend applied for the first time this year and was chosen to purchase tickets for Saturday. I continue to hold out hope just like the rest of you unlucky lottery losers.

I will be there on Tuesday for my 7th trip to the hallowed grounds of Augusta National. I am taking fellow forum member, T0AD with me. He went with me in 2015, but the storms rolled in and washed the day away so he only got a taste of the awesomeness that is the Masters. This is without a doubt my most favorite time of the year.

I will be there on Tuesday for my 7th trip to the hallowed grounds of Augusta National. I am taking fellow forum member, T0AD with me. He went with me in 2015, but the storms rolled in and washed the day away so he only got a taste of the awesomeness that is the Masters. This is without a doubt my most favorite time of the year.

7th trip!?!? You should have it down by now. I'm trying to figure out where to stay Monday night. ATL would be cheaper, but 2.5 hour drive in the morning to Augusta.

7th trip!?!? You should have it down by now. I'm trying to figure out where to stay Monday night. ATL would be cheaper, but 2.5 hour drive in the morning to Augusta.

I am like a kid in a candy store every time I go. LOL I live about 2.5 hours from Augusta so we just get up early and drive over. It makes for a long day, but it is well worth it.

I have never done it, but I had a friend rent a cabin at Clark's Hill lake for the night (Elijah Clark State Park is the official name I think). It was pretty no frills, but the price is right and it is only about 45 miles away. If you are traveling with others it might be worth the price. I think it runs around $225.00.

https://gastateparks.reserveamerica...tractCode=GA&parkId=530151&sitefilter=Cottage

I'll be there Tuesday.

Leaving VT on Sunday and will get to hotel outside Columbia, SC some time Monday. Will head back north on Wednesday morning and stop in Baltimore to catch an Orioles baseball game. The final stretch back to VT on Thursday.

Fingers crossed that the rain in the forecast comes and goes sooner than expected.

For anyone that's gone before, do you know if you can go out to your vehicle and then come back in?

For anyone that's gone before, do you know if you can go out to your vehicle and then come back in?

They are allowing 3 entry / exits so you can go to the car if you need to. Another couple of tips: Plenty of free parking if you get there early. No need to pay for it. Gates open at 8:00 so try to be in line by 7:30. Hit the gift shop first then check your merchandise for free then pick it up at the end of the day. Wear comfortable shoes...it is more of a walk that it looks like on TV. Go over to the concession stand by 12 and get a Stand drink (Powerade and lemonade). It is only available at that location. Spend some time on #16 watching the players skip the ball across the water and on to the green. You can carry a camera, but no cell phones. Take lots of pictures and enjoy the beauty of Augusta National.

I'm going! Got practice round tickets for Monday from an acquaintance. Buddy and I are flying into ATL Saturday, staying in midtown. Playing golf with the ATL THP crew at Echelon on Sunday and getting up early for the drive to Augusta on Monday. Home in California Tuesday. It will be a whirlwind but amazing. First time ever going and my buddy has been Masters obsessed for years.

I'll be there Wednesday! I've been applying each year for several years. When we moved I forgot about calling to switch my address, luckily my wife applied and we got tickets!

They are allowing 3 entry / exits so you can go to the car if you need to. Another couple of tips: Plenty of free parking if you get there early. No need to pay for it. Gates open at 8:00 so try to be in line by 7:30. Hit the gift shop first then check your merchandise for free then pick it up at the end of the day. Wear comfortable shoes...it is more of a walk that it looks like on TV. Go over to the concession stand by 12 and get a Stand drink (Powerade and lemonade). It is only available at that location. Spend some time on #16 watching the players skip the ball across the water and on to the green. You can carry a camera, but no cell phones. Take lots of pictures and enjoy the beauty of Augusta National.
When you say get in line, do you mean to get in line to get in or to get in line to park? Can you get there any earlier to ensure a good parking spot and just hang out till the gates open or is that not allowed??

Back