Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Sorry for resurrecting history yet again, but I just reread my 20 page recap of this event again, and it's hard for me to believe that it's been nearly 10 months already. People have come and gone as always, but I miss the group we shared this journey with. What a magical ride it was!!

I will never forget that experience and the people who made it so memorable. It's never really far from my mind either and seems like it was just yesterday. Magical indeed Captian!

JM

1. Playing in Morgan Cup
2. Getting engaged.

In that order.
You're damn right lol. That's why I popped the question before the golf started. Had to get that crap outta the way! Lol!!

You're damn right lol. That's why I popped the question before the golf started. Had to get that crap outta the way! Lol!!
Oh crap, don't let her see this post lmao

One of the best (2) weeks of my life, and each one was so different from the other, and both were equally as fun. Great to re hash some of those memories.

Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

The best week of golf without swinging a club when it mattered. Was a blast to watch it all unfold.

The best week of golf without swinging a club when it mattered. Was a blast to watch it all unfold.
You and the rest of the volunteers knocked it out of the park!

The volunteers always did an awesome job. That's for darn sure.

No place like Pawleys island for the Morgan cup. Such an amazing experience. Can't say enough about the company, the reps, the venue, or the amazing volunteers who made it all happen. A year is just around the corner, and I still think about it almost every day, and definitely every time I tee it up.

I love when this thread pops up. This event is something that I think about quite often, and was one of two accomplishments that I'm the most proud of - the other was going back and finally finishing my PhD. My trophy is sitting on a shelf in my office right next to where my diploma hangs. And I can say with 1000% certainty that the Morgan Cup came with a whole lot more fun. Easily one of the top experiences I've ever had, and I left with a whole lot more friends than I came in with.

Sorry for resurrecting history yet again, but I just reread my 20 page recap of this event again, and it's hard for me to believe that it's been nearly 10 months already. People have come and gone as always, but I miss the group we shared this journey with. What a magical ride it was!!

Every single day I think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find myself constantly thinking about the MC. Everything from being selected, to finding out who my captain, assist captain and teammates were. I miss our team conference calls. The journey was so special. Time just flew bye. From being selected, too showing up onsite it just felt like a blur. There was nothing like when all 41 guys and the volunteers were all finally together. The competition was awesome and a great team of guys played there butts off and took home the cup. The whole journey was an experience that I would not trade for anything. Life long friendships were made that I am truly great full for.!

Dude - this event and all of you helped me through a really tough time in my life. I will never forget that. Ever.

Every single day I think about it.

I miss your face. And your stories.

7176691d2a7091a2430ba6e25264ef87.jpg

I miss your face. And your stories.

7176691d2a7091a2430ba6e25264ef87.jpg

Ha! I have some fun ones from coaching baseball this year. We need to chat soon.

Hi Miss MC.

I was thinking about you and all the other participants the other day and what fun was had.

Hope retirement is treating you well but just wanted to stop in and say hi and thank you again for one of the best golf weekends of my life.

#NeverForgotten

Here here to what was one of the best events ever. I only hope it resurfaces in another body one day

Oh man, you can say that again! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for EVERYTHING! The memories are never far from my mind!

JM

The MC for me seems like decades ago. Time fly's when your having fun I guess. I do miss my teammates and the camaraderie. Even though each team was pitted against each other, there was people rooting for their foes and vice versa. Such a great thing to see and be a part of.

I'm just waiting for that Kubrick like epic video that has been in the works for a while now. I really hope they got Omar Epps to play me. :alien:

I'm just waiting for that Kubrick like epic video that has been in the works for a while now. I really hope they got Omar Epps to play me. :alien:

You may just have to use the photographs and still frames in your mind.

Orlando Jones may be a better fit to your personality... just sayin.

Back