The Masters - Who is Going?

Tornado watch now at Augusta, practice officially done for the day.

Stuck in traffic and getting word a tornado touched down a mile or two west of the course.
4d864ec0fe51907323095db9b4b77dfd.jpg

Saw this go over right as the weather got gnarly.
9e878dfe69cccab06c6a0bd3dc0fb58f.jpg

Brutal. What are they doing about the folks who bought Monday tickets?

Be careful man

Haven't heard. Hoping for a return next year. They do offer to ship the merchandise that was checked. The line was enormous.

Be careful man

Looks like the worst moved past. Still raining with regular lightning. Pretty wild stuff you guys live in. Give me earthquakes any day!

I just got back and I am still soaked .... They even closed the gift shop and we did not get a chance to get any gear .... Very disappointed ... (But it was GREAT !!!)

I think the rule is in certain circumstances they will issue passes for the same day next year.

Haven't heard. Hoping for a return next year. They do offer to ship the merchandise that was checked. The line was enormous.

Looks like the worst moved past. Still raining with regular lightning. Pretty wild stuff you guys live in. Give me earthquakes any day!

Did you get to shop before you left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get to shop before you left?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did. Wallet is much lighter than before.

Day was really great. Got to the course shortly after opening. Entered through the South Gate and made our way straight to Amen Corner. Got to see Jason Day play 11, 12 and tee off on 13. Stopped by 16, watched Day and group skip balls in the pond. Made our way up 17 and 18 and into the golf shop to make a donation to commerce. Made our move to walk the front and got time with Reed, Vijay, Pat Perez and a few others. Only made it through 4 when the announcement came to leave. We dragged our feet and by the time we made it to the North Gate it was pouring and lightning was flashing. Got to our car, cracked a beer and waited 30 minutes and got word things were opening up. Made our way back to Amen Corner and the final call was made, made a very circuitous exit to see more of the front and made our exit.

Happened to run into an old friend from high school. Always fun seeing people you know far from home.

The storm was wild. As we are stuck in traffic on site we see this very strange cloud moving in quick. It was swirling and definitely rotating and moved directly over us, then the wind blasted us and the rain came in buckets.

Hello, I'm new to THP, but I just wanted to chime in on this thread. I went to The Masters yesterday for the first round and it was great! The weather wasn't the best, and while there wasn't any rain, there was more wind than I can remember at Augusta. Watching all of the top players struggling just to make par was interesting as well. I was disappointed that Dustin wasn't playing, but that didn't take away much with it being The Masters and all. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the tournament and whether Hoffman can hold on to that monstrous lead he was able accumulate through day 1.

Hello, I'm new to THP, but I just wanted to chime in on this thread. I went to The Masters yesterday for the first round and it was great! The weather wasn't the best, and while there wasn't any rain, there was more wind than I can remember at Augusta. Watching all of the top players struggling just to make par was interesting as well. I was disappointed that Dustin wasn't playing, but that didn't take away much with it being The Masters and all. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the tournament and whether Hoffman can hold on to that monstrous lead he was able accumulate through day 1.

Welcome to THP. Hope you enjoyed the Masters. I went Tuesday and it was probably top 3 vacations for me... and it was just an over night trip. Had a great time.

Welcome to THP. Hope you enjoyed the Masters. I went Tuesday and it was probably top 3 vacations for me... and it was just an over night trip. Had a great time.

The course really is amazing. I've been there on years when they had to stop play due to rain and lightning and the course was still in pretty good shape considering the amount of rain. Even before you get to the course, they have grass in the parking lot that's impressive enough. Really makes me wonder how much they spend on grounds keeping.

Back