Playing through: Is it stressful, or is it nothing but a thing?

The only time I really get nervous is when it's obvious they don't want to let you through, and you have either pressured them, or the danger has forced them to let you through. Then I will be wanting to move on quickly and will feel the pressure. Outside of that it doesn't bug me at all.

I love it, a chance to show off some skills!!!!!

I dont mind the extra eyes i just hate that feeling that i have to rush

This for me. That feeling of "hurry up & hit it" throws me off for sure. And I don't think about who's watching or not.

Now, hitting off the first tee at your first THP event with 20-30 other guys watching? That's pressure. :alien:

I don't get nervous and don't care about having eyes on me but like many others that feeling of rushing through the shot screws me up.

Doesn't bother me. I've hit good and bad shots in those situations

I always feel rushed and it usually doesn't go well, although I remember making birdie on a wet par 3 in Indiana.

I agree with the "feeling rush" sentiment. I had a great round going at Shadow Creek (+6 after 9 despite a triple on one and a double on 2) and then we got waived around a group on 10 and then again on 11. It wasn't until hole 13 that I stopped rushing my swing.

Unless I'm in a hurry now and the group in front of me is just painfully slow I'd rather just wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That first shot when playing through is stressful, but not nearly as stressful as having to wait for every shot.

Just another shot during the round. I used to try to rush and that would sometimes cost me a stroke on the hole. Now just play at my normal pace once I realized that I caught them playing at that pace and really no reason to rush.

Wise words. I never really thought of this before. Now to put this thought into action!

Back