Driver Head Colors - Do They Bother You?

Haso

#TeamPrestige Southpaw
Reaction score
Handicap
Bkwrds Hat
Many manufacturers over the years have experimented with different colors, I think Taylor was one of the first to do a white head in recent memory. Cobra had quite the palette with the Bio Cell a few years ago. So what's your deal, is an odd color at address to much of a deal breaker, or are you all about how it swings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like white heads. I really like the red or blue heads but currently have black.

I hate looking down at a white head. I can't explain it, but I do. All other cookies have the green light.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

White was the only one that bothered me, but really only when it was sunny and clear day.

My favorites are black, gray, or silver in either a gloss or matte finish.

Red or blue wouldn't bother me, but most other colors would. I really dislike white and will probably send my M1 head off to Continental golf soon.

I certainly like some heads more than others but the color itself doesn't really bother me. I played an orange, blue, and red Amp Cell for a while and I sort of don't even notice.

I currently have a blue Bio Cell and it does look really nice paired with a white shaft. However, I went with the matte black finish on my next driver. I prefer the darker finishes.

Driver Head Colors - Do They Bother You?

If I'm also weighing in here, the R11 - I think - was the first white driver I tried. I'm not sure what it was, but I just didn't dig the look at address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't mind most of the colors, I thought Cobra did a great job with theirs. I didn't particularly care for the white on the R11s I had. I really enjoy some of this years offerings from an aesthetics point of view. The metallic grey of the 917 line, and the carbon fiber look of the Epic are both beautiful. The blue on the F7+ is outstanding as well!

no, don't care what color the driver is.

Have only gamed a black or matte driver. Demoed a white,wasn't liking the looks

Sent from my SM-G900W8

not for me, color doesn't bother me if I like the look of it.

I wouldn't say anything done aesthetically to the crown would bother me. I liked the white head of my previous driver, and I was honestly kind of bummed that I replaced it with a black one at first. Anytime the sun hits that hidden carbon pattern on the crown of mine all of those thoughts are put away. If they'd offered an LTD with a blue or an orange head, I probably would have chosen it over a black.

It isn't so much the colour, but what I am not a fan of is when a crown has too much going on - the TM R1 or the Bridgestone J815(?) from a few years ago are things I don't like with a lot of different graphics

The M1/2 heads I can live with as they are still pretty plain in terms of how much is going on

I currently have the GBB with the dark matte finish, but also have the RBZ 3W and 5W in white in my bag

Ok on color as long as the crown is a solid color with no crown graphics other than an understated alignment.

They dont bother me but i do think i naturally have preferences

They don't bother me at all actually I am more picky about putter and iron finish than driver for some reason

Most of the colors didn't bother me. I wasn't a fan of the all white head from TM but I played the 3w with no issues

I had RBZ stage II several years ago and it took a while to get used to. Since then I've only had black or dark grey.

Yes, I don't like white, which is why the new TM line is not for me, and I don't like any unnecessary flair, like fins and other silly aerodynamic ripples, just a smooth crown for me.

I'm not a fan of all white. That is about it.

They don't really bother me but I prefer black heads. I would a different color if the driver performed though!!

I actually prefer colors haha. Blue is probably my favorite driver finish.

I'm currently playing a red driver. I like colors. I've hit white and white with lots of graphics (the R1) and rather like them. I've got a blue Cobra driver and a dark blue Callaway driver as well. Colors are cool.

I like the color head and throw some graphics on it.

Back