Callaway Steelhead XR vs Steelhead XR Pro

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Pro model appeals to me more in terms of the appearance, performance, and finish. I absolutely love the black finish of the Pro.

Love everything about the looks of the Pro head. To me, the differences were pretty pronounced seeing them side by side. Obviously the finish, but also the offset and top line jumped out. Seeing the inside of the iron head was really cool.

Very cool detailed breakdown of the physical differences between the two and the reasons for them. I need to go hit the pro model again and try hitting some knock down iron shots.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

The Pro model appeals to me more in terms of the appearance, performance, and finish. I absolutely love the black finish of the Pro.
The pro is definitely the better looking of the two without question.

Those XR Pros are gorgeous.

+1 on the pros. Love the finish. Got to hit these immediately.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Didn't realize the differences were that much... top line, offset, etc. I do love the dark finish though, and the two tone face looks great too IMO.

Love everything about the looks of the Pro head. To me, the differences were pretty pronounced seeing them side by side. Obviously the finish, but also the offset and top line jumped out. Seeing the inside of the iron head was really cool.
Was coming in to post the same, knowing full well the regular versions are probably better fits for my game.

I didn't see much difference in the blade lengths. That surprised me a little. Offset and Topline were marked differences.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Really liking the finish on the pros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm in the minority liking the regulars more than the pros, but I like a head that gives me confidence.

I guess I'm in the minority liking the regulars more than the pros, but I like a head that gives me confidence.
Actually I like the shape of the standard version better, but the finish on the pros is beautiful! The topline difference isn't as pronounced as I thought it was before I hit them.

Cool video and easy to understand explanation of the differences. While the Steelheads don't fit my eye I am curious about the Pros because I love that darker finish and they sound like an iron thats more up my alley.

I with you. I think I would "press" if I gamed the pro version.

I like the looks of the Pro but I think I'll stick with my CF16s.

Excellent info, been eyeing the Pros for a while, but still thinking the Steelhead XR will be the way to go, need to find some to test/demo/hit!

Have been very tempted by the XR Pros. Love the finish. Only question is the durability of it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I feel like the XR pro's would be perfect for me, I just need to get over the bore through.

Thanks for tuning in everybody. Fun shoot with Nate being a hand model and showing off the irons and explaining the differences.

Great information. After taking one look at the pro's I went ahead and ordered a set. They only had RH so I was not able to hit them but the profile and tech is pretty amazing. I cant wait to get them in hand

Great information. After taking one look at the pro's I went ahead and ordered a set. They only had RH so I was not able to hit them but the profile and tech is pretty amazing. I cant wait to get them in hand

I knew it had been too long since you purchased a set of irons haha

Both are very nice irons, and I'm another who favors the finish on the Pro. I am very glad Nate turned the heads over. Before he did I was thinking, holy smokes that Pro line is way way WAY above my paygrade. The flip revealed the Pro head was a 3 iron versus the 7 iron regular version.

Wanted to give this one a little bump so more can here from the best hand model south of George Costanza.

Back