Live Minnesota THP Driver Testing - Reviews As They Happen

Oh, and I'll say it again. That was a fantastic golf course. Challenging in spots, but also just a fun layout.

Agreed 100% and perfect for driver testing as you could hit driver on most holes.

Oh, and I'll say it again. That was a fantastic golf course. Challenging in spots, but also just a fun layout.

Couldn't agree more and for the price too. I'm going to have to add that course to my rotation.

Yup, a very nice course. But if I ever play it again, I'm going for the gold... tees.

Couldn't agree more and for the price too. I'm going to have to add that course to my rotation.

Yea the back seemed especially long with 7/9 holes into the wind.

Weather wise? When we got home to Brandon tonight, we drove through hours of pouring rain, and as soon as we crossed the border we dealt with freezing rain, slush on the highways, and -1 C (30.2 F) temperatures. AND ITS CALLING FOR SNOW TONIGHT

Seen some pics from my wife's aunt's place yesterday (sunday), (a few miles from you). You got snow! quite a bit too for this time of year.

I need to put some thoughts down.

Drivers:
It amazed me how different the G30 SF Tec, Fly XL, and CG Black came out when compared to drivers with similar profiles to what I am used to. Night and day.

Other than my own, the winner of the day was the Vapor Pro. Loved the sound and feel of that thing. The Fly Z was very surprising. It was very similar to my gamer and the Vapor Pro as far as ball flights and distances. Intriguing, makes me think that maybe a little bit of forgiveness isn't a bad thing.

Losers, drivers that I did not get a long with really. The CG Black, Fly XL and the SF Tec were all high launchers (not a bad thing) but all seemed to spin a lot for me. I lost considerable distance with them. As much as I loved the Fly Z, the Fly Z+ was staggeringly penal. I struggled to make that one work on the back 9. The blue on the Fly Z's looked fun. Added some personality that I liked.

I was lucky to play 36 with Cdubbya, good dude and I enjoyed our time together. Really had a good time. Hox is legit, good golfer, very good golfer. Really fun to ride with. We laughed a lot. I hope we get to tee it up again, soon. Nighthawk gave me the moment of the weekend trying to get out of the hazard. Lots of splashing. Bjosh oozed happy thoughts. It was a fun to be around that much positivity on the course.

It was a treat meeting some old friends, JB, Howzat, Hawk, Fairbanks, Fupresti. Thank you guys for at least acting like you were happy to see me. I was very happy to see all of you. To the Canadian friends, thank you for coming down. I hope you all had a blast. I wish I got to spend more time with all of you, but there just wasn't enough hours in the day. We will all have to do this again, no point in arguing.

Lastly, HUGE thank you goes to Howzat for doing the legwork on this event. Put so much time and effort into making it happen and getting the wrinkles ironed out.

JB, I hope you finally got some sleep. I hope everybody got home safe. I hope to see you all again soon.

9 hours to get there, 11 hours to get home (in the worst weather I have seen in ages).

Thank goodness the weather stayed perfect on Saturday. Absolutely gorgeous day, great course conditions, and a very approachable course layout. Every hole but the Par 3's really encouraged hitting driver.

Great course to be on for driver testing!

Good times Blu. Since you didn't make it to a WI event I wasn't expecting to see you but I am sure glad you made it. :alien:

Good times Blu. Since you didn't make it to a WI event I wasn't expecting to see you but I am sure glad you made it. :alien:

I deserve that.

9 hours to get there, 11 hours to get home (in the worst weather I have seen in ages).

Thank goodness the weather stayed perfect on Saturday. Absolutely gorgeous day, great course conditions, and a very approachable course layout. Every hole but the Par 3's really encouraged hitting driver.

Great course to be on for driver testing!

Might have to make it a 2 day event next time but I think heading back to Prestwick makes a lot of sense.

I am shocked your putter made it back. That thing is nooice.

It really is staggeringly beautiful. It is hard to explain. It just has to be seen in person.

Might have to make it a 2 day event next time but I think heading back to Prestwick makes a lot of sense.
2 day event at Prestwick, with THPers? Sign me up.

I liked the little rumblings I heard at dinner Saturday

You do need to get that Fly-Z+, SHIFTY. The difference in your drives was pretty impressive.
Thanks man! It was nice to keep up with you on the drives for a few holes.
Do you happen to remember the set up we had for that driver?

What a great time! Great course, and we had decent weather.
Another great event meeting new people, and seeing some familiar ones. Never fails, it's a blast playing with THPers!

This was a fun day. First round was a lot of fun with Lefty and Schnergun. Second round my play was awful but Blugold, Bjosh and Cdubbya were a ton of fun to play with. Blugolds seemore has me now pondering one. The heat finish was a thing of beauty. Lots of laughs were had with our bad play. It was nice to see some familiar faces from last year and meet some new ones. Multiple Juicy Lucy's were the icing on the cake. I still stand by my claim that all eating based challenges will be won by my. I want to try that double cheeseburger challenge eventually.

For the drivers I tried most on the range but played with the Flyz+, CGBlack, and Exotics E8Beta. Having never hit an Exotics club before I had no bias or anything going in. The first round I played the driver the last 14 or so holes and refused to give it up at the turn. Oddly enough my scoring in the first round was really good once I started hitting it. That's what was great about this event. Trying various drivers in a real setting, not just on a launch monitor. It was also about trying clubs you would normally never try. Before today I never would have even looked at an Exotic driver but now I want to hit it again. I wish I tried the Knuth but you could hear that thing across the course being hit. For the CGBlack, it launched really high for me. I have a normally high launch angle but it went way up there. The flyz+ was so so for me. I used it on the first tee and carried the bunkers on the right. I used it again on the first par 5 and my tee shot landed two blocks away from the course. The Exotic just felt right to me. I like how it looked at address and I could only hit the center of the face with it. I wish I had the wrench to adjust it but it was going plenty far at what it was set at.

Cant wait for next year.

Weight was in the back, and loft was at 10.5, I believe.

While you guys were playing golf and trying out drivers, I was giving out graduation awards. I can tell you where I would have rather been.

Sounds like a good time was by all.

~Rock

Just getting caught up on this one as I was on the course Saturday morning.

This new monitor is a badass mofo! What an upgrade for the THP standard.

And some peeps can mash the hell out of a golfball. Wowzers.....no internet golfers there! :)

Mid you had it last it was set to 9 degrees and the weight back. By last I mean the second 18

I would be down for multiple days. That course was a gem.

Yikes! So glad you guys made it home. We had something like a 30-degree drop in temperature here yesterday. It was 33 degrees last night and it's supposed to be 32 degrees tonight. But we're used to such things (snow in May, etc.), aren't we? Aren't we...?

That's something I never want to have to get used to!

If it makes you feel (a little) better, it's almost noon here, and with the wind chill from the 32-mph winds, gusting to 40 mph, the temperature is still below freezing.

P.S. Happy Victoria Day to my new Canadian friends!

...11 hours to get home (in the worst weather I have seen in ages).

Back