Snell MTB Spin Rate

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This was posted by Snell on Facebook and it is from the Golf Digest 2016 spin test.

14352063_520419911497869_9067214387941911802_o.jpg

Most spin out of any of that price range tested. Pretty good. Wonder if that surprises anyone.

This is an awesome visual! My "go-to" is the Chrome Soft and this has increased my interest in trying the MTB as the characteristics are really close and the price is so nice!

That's pretty impressive, especially for the price that ball comes in at.

This chart is always interesting - goes to show that a urethane cover isn't enough to give you spin - the e5 sits with a bunch of ionomer-covered balls.

Not surprised at all, but its always very cool to see that chart.

The product is really good, and the price is definitely right.

I would like to see where the Honma G6 Spins on that shot. I do believe the Snell fits right in with those other premium balls. I have been trying to convince my BIL to give them a try. He is sniffing around Vice and CUT. I think Snell MTB is a great fit for him though.

As an aside, I have never payed over $36 a doz for Chrome Soft....

• Admin
That's pretty impressive, especially for the price that ball comes in at.

This chart is always interesting - goes to show that a urethane cover isn't enough to give you spin - the e5 sits with a bunch of ionomer-covered balls.

When breaking it down by price, NXT Tour and Project A came to mind (because of price and marketing).

That's impressive! I love the fact that new competitors are challenging the status quo on price and build quality.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

When breaking it down by price, NXT Tour and Project A came to mind (because of price and marketing).

Yeah - when you think of it that way, this is a ridiculous compelling offering. The NXT Tour series is just a ball I've never gotten, given the options out there in the price point (and now, even cheaper if you're looking at MSRP).

Pretty cool. I still need to order some MTB's and give em a whirl.

this is awesome! mtb is an incredible ball.

Nope ... no surprise to me at all. That's why I ordered 2 more dozen to last me through the season! :banana:

I've never seen the chart. Thanks for posting this. Really shocking to see how the ball performs in it's price category. Just a darn good ball!

I absolutely believe it and it's pretty much in line with what I've been seeing on course. Such a great ball and not just because of the price.

Yeah - when you think of it that way, this is a ridiculous compelling offering. The NXT Tour series is just a ball I've never gotten, given the options out there in the price point (and now, even cheaper if you're looking at MSRP).

its a brilliant ball for them. Price as high as premium balls, and hits a price point they need. There are a lot of golfers out there that believe it is the competition for the premium balls in the sub $40 category.

I've never seen the chart. Thanks for posting this. Really shocking to see how the ball performs in it's price category. Just a darn good ball!

Or any price category really.

I think I need to try these. Interesting that the E5 is still on the chart.

Oops didn't realize it was 2016.

Last edited:
Nope ... no surprise to me at all. That's why I ordered 2 more dozen to last me through the season! :banana:

You plan on quitting in May?

These are getting great praise. I need to man up and order a dozen or so.

That's pretty impressive and right in the sweet spot for me. It's really cool seeing him come out and put a product out that challenges the big boys at a much better price.

Great chart. I love the MTB. It's the only ball I've played over that last few months. Hopefully, they'll roll out some additional charts like this for full swing 6-7 irons and driver. I have NXT and ProV's gathering dust in my closest because I just think the MTB performs the best for me.

You plan on quitting in May?
Nah... these were only going to get me thru 6 days in Myrtle

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pretty cool chart, but where are the k-sigs?

Pretty cool chart, but where are the k-sigs?

They were not out when the chart was made, or surely they would lead the pack in everything. :D

They were not out when the chart was made, or surely they would lead the pack in everything. :D

JB, they are on the chart they are just so far to the right that the image didn't capture them.

Back to the MTB. That is a very interesting chart, right in the middle of all the tour balls. Never tried the Snell out have heard nothing but good things, might have to change that here shortly.

Nice chart. Kinda already knew Snell was up there with the more expensive tour balls. The answer is in the dirt ?

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Back