How to destroy your new Works Tank 1W

DufferRob

Reaction score
Without going into detail, I got pissed and smacked something other than a golf ball with my new Tank 1W. It dented the mesh and insert so I am guessing it is toast. I am going to contact Odyssey tomorrow to see if they can replace the head and how much my dumba** move is gonna cost me, although my feeling is it is going to be cheaper to buy another one. The one positive is my Tank 2Ball never sold so at least I have a putter to use. Thanks for letting me vent:banghead:

UPDATE: So, called Odyssey this a.m. The putter is not repairable. They do offer discounted prices on new putters damaged during course of play. So my little tantrum is going to cost me 115.00. Now my $200 putter has become a $315 putter.
Nice job, Rob:beat-up:

IMG_20150512_180922774_HDR_zpsa4uahcj3.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, don't do that.

All could have been avoided if the stupid ball went in the hole.

Sorry dude, that is no fun.

Damn, that sucks.
Sorry, hope things don't get too expensive.
FWIW, irons are less costly to replace than putters. Use a wedge next time.

Ouch. I always try to take the cover off, and put it back on, on the green. This way I avoid the temptation to smack it into things, or if I drop it on the pavement it doesn't result in any ugliness.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Ouch, what did you hit?

Pretty sure they can just replace the insert & you should be good to go.

I've been tempted but nope, can't bring myself to do that, ouch

Ouch, sorry to hear. Hope the cost to fix this beauty is not too much. After its fixed you have to take her out to a nice course and spoil her, let her play in the lush soft greens and roll them into the cup one after another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooh that hurts. Sorry to hear that. Hope it's not too bad to get you sorted.

Ouch! That is, as we say, no bueno. Hope you, and those of us reading this, learned a small lesson and can come out better for it.

Take it out on the ball next time buddy! Your putting is good, it's the ball that is being difficult.

That sucks man, sorry to hear. Well you live you learn.

Did you learn your lesson?

Sure it sucks, it'll cost you and that sucks even more.

Ouch, I hope that doesn't turn out to be too expensive for you

I know I have been tempted to hit the ground before with a club after a bad shot, but then I get hold of myself and realise it isn't worth the possibility of damaging them

Ouch that doesn't look good. You must have hit it quite hard. Hope you get it fixed.
The worst thing I do with my putter is smack it sometimes with my hand.

Putter abuse...
It helps nobody!

Dang that sucks man!

Wow, that thing is mangled pretty bad. Hope it doesn't hurt the wallet too bad to get it fixed.

Take a deep breath and step away.....
67dca6fd1a4c0b3825fb2fcc46d3eec0.jpg

Will your putter ever forgive you?

it hurts to see this. I hope they can fix it for you.

Back