Hzrdus shafts breaking with TM drivers

emart2173

#journey2017
Reaction score
Handicap
The other day I was talking with a TM rep at a demo day and he asked if I wanted to hit anything and I said no I have the new m2 already to mess with and my 3w is in back order because of the hzrdus red nit being available til 4/19.

We then got in the subject if the hzrdus shafts and he mentioned they had to send back all of the yellows because of a breakage issue. Not side if the red and black had same issues just mentioned the yellow.

anyone have any info on the cause of the breakage? If it's just the yellow shaft? Wonder if this has happened with other brands offering hzrdus as a stock option? Also wonder if it's the HC, non HV or both that had the issue?

The other day I was talking with a TM rep at a demo day and he asked if I wanted to hit anything and I said no I have the new m2 already to mess with and my 3w is in back order because of the hzrdus red nit being available til 4/19.

We then got in the subject if the hzrdus shafts and he mentioned they had to send back all of the yellows because of a breakage issue. Not side if the red and black had same issues just mentioned the yellow.

anyone have any info on the cause of the breakage? If it's just the yellow shaft? Wonder if this has happened with other brands offering hzrdus as a stock option? Also wonder if it's the HC, non HV or both that had the issue?

i've been told the same thing and, just like you, can't confirm if it's only hzrdus yellow or the red and black. And like you, i'm waiting on the red for my m2 3w.

i've been told the same thing and, just like you, can't confirm if it's only hzrdus yellow or the red and black. And like you, i'm waiting on the red for my m2 3w.

I forgot where I had heard about some yellows breaking but couldn't recall who then when he told me about all the yellows going back it had me wondering if that's why the red was so long on back order. My entire order was back ordered with head being the 25th of March , the grip was the 17th and then I saw the shaft for 4/19 and since I have last years still and have an order for a Titleist one I hope to have soon I wasn't to pressed to get it.

It sux they can't do any fittings for guys who may want a hzrdus or could benefit from it. One of the guys I talk with on the range all the time I think would like the yellow or maybe red in the m2. He gets along with the Fuji pro 56

Insert "made for" comment here...

Insert "made for" comment here...
I have a hat that says "made for".????

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wonder if it's as bad as the breakage problems that the rogue went through

was that oem-specific, or across multipel oem heads?

was that oem-specific, or across multipel oem heads?

that was wide spread. Luckily for them, they had JS on tour winning everything that year so it got a ton of popularity and good press.

I spoke to a local Taylormade rep at Golftown and he warned me to stay away from the stock Hzrdus Yellow as well. I didn't really ask why as I'm not in the market anyways but I guess this explains it.
If it is only the mass produced shafts that are having issues it does bring into question what differences there are between HC and non-HC.

I spoke to a local Taylormade rep at Golftown and he warned me to stay away from the stock Hzrdus Yellow as well. I didn't really ask why as I'm not in the market anyways but I guess this explains it.
If it is only the mass produced shafts that are having issues it does bring into question what differences there are between HC and non-HC.

It could be a bad batch that made its way to TM. So same profile, but an issue with something in the process that wasn't caught. That's one of the downsides of mass production vs. making something by hand.

I thought the the same thing when I heard it and was curious if it was just something that has happened or has been noticed more with TM or if others have had it. Also wondered if it was a small number of breakages but enough that TM and PX agreed best to ship all back to be safe.

It could be a bad batch that made its way to TM. So same profile, but an issue with something in the process that wasn't caught. That's one of the downsides of mass production vs. making something by hand.

what's funny is those mass production ones are still made by hand.

what's funny is those mass production ones are still made by hand.

The amount of work that goes into making a shaft is something that never fails to amaze me.

I think this is a great example of how a company's engagement with consumers makes a difference. Knowing more about Project X through their participation with THP and the stuff that's happened here to educate consumers about their products and company leaves me feeling better about them than I normally would when something like this happens.

I think this is a great example of how a company's engagement with consumers makes a difference. Knowing more about Project X through their participation with THP and the stuff that's happened here to educate consumers about their products and company leaves me feeling better about them than I normally would when something like this happens.

But there has been nothing put out by PX about the issue either in this thread or other TM driver or PX threads. TM hasn't put anything out so could it be also taken that a company is trying to hide an issue. Not saying that's the case here but outside of a conversation I had with a rep followed by a thread and Armygolf confirming a TM rep said avoid the yellow as well we have no information on the issue.

But there has been nothing put out by PX about the issue either in this thread or other TM driver or PX threads. TM hasn't put anything out so could it be also taken that a company is trying to hide an issue. Not saying that's the case here but outside of a conversation I had with a rep followed by a thread and Armygolf confirming a TM rep said avoid the yellow as well we have no information on the issue.

Playing devil's advocate....it's also that it might not be the big issue that people think. You know how things can blow up over hearsay stuff.

Playing devil's advocate....it's also that it might not be the big issue that people think. You know how things can blow up over hearsay stuff.

Totally. In my reply to your earlier I said we don't know if it was just a few but for both sides that few was enough to recall all the shafts. We have seen enough great customer service from px with issues and them going above expectations. Not knocking px in my reply to t4k just pointing out we have no info on the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally. In my reply to your earlier I said we don't know if it was just a few but for both sides that few was enough to recall all the shafts. We have seen enough great customer service from px with issues and them going above expectations. Not knocking px in my reply to t4k just pointing out we have no info on the issue

oh yeah I know what you were saying. Just adding to your point, as in maybe we have no info because it might be a case with very few incidents. Now if it were Galaxy Note 7 everyone blowing up, then I'm sure we would hear more noise.

I am trying my best to hit my Yellow from Cobra as hard as possible, I doubt unless it is really flawed I could ever break it with my SS.

I made the mistake of reading this thread while taking a break at a local demo day. I was hitting a M1 440 right after with yellow 6.5 and it snapped off at the head on my 4th swing. I never touched the ground and was hitting just heel side of middle face. Embarrassed the crap out of me.

The guy at the booth said it was no big deal. I asked if that was a known problem with the TM hzrdus shafts and he said they break all the time, but then said it happens will all the demo shafts. Not sure if he was trying to cover up what he said or if he truly isn't aware of a problem.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This scares me as I just swapped the TM tip off my yellow 6.5 HC.

This scares me as I just swapped the TM tip off my yellow 6.5 HC.

I wouldn't be too worried. If it breaks I'm pretty sure PX will take care of you and again we don't know if it was a big or small issue, a batch that TM got or if multiple brands have had the issue, if it's HC or non. As far as we know it's not a major issue

I wouldn't be too worried. If it breaks I'm pretty sure PX will take care of you and again we don't know if it was a big or small issue, a batch that TM got or if multiple brands have had the issue, if it's HC or non. As far as we know it's not a major issue

Hoping so

Back